Massive game Saturday then, so….

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Massive game Saturday then, so….

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:07 pm

What your team be , given the injuries and suspensions we now have?

Mine would be ….

……………Walton…………………

JD …….Woolfie………Edmundson

Burns ………Carroll………………Evans** ……Clements

………………………………..Aluko……………………………………..

………………….Norwood"…………….Bonne……………………

** if fit , if not then Chaplin

shabba

Re: Massive game Saturday then, so….

Post by shabba » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:47 pm

Good shout - I guess Clements has to play if Penny is out.

I suspect it won’t be evans and carrol though - will be Bakinson and evens or Carroll? It lacks a tackle but I think Backs is more defensively capable than evans?

in my view any result is a bonus now, we need 2 wins in every 3 game batch and we’ve done that for the last two batches of games now so this is a free hit, just a big one given their position next to us!

As it’s away he might also go with Bonne upfront and Aluko and Chaplin behind. Much as I like Celina I think he is better coming off the bench for this one.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:02 pm

I’d like to see Chaplin and Celina both start. Hillsborough is a big pitch and there should be plenty of space for both to work in .

After last night I’m not sure I’d start with Carroll.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:28 am

I have confidence in KM. He’ll figure it out.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:01 am

Chaplin and Bakinson would be in my team for sure, not Carroll under any circumstances!! He's hopeless.
I think the LWB could even be filled by Kyle Edwards if Penney or Coulsen fail to make it, however, Bailey Clements did well enough when he played as a natural Left Back so could possibly do a job too, we do have a few options there. I am actually glad KVY isn't available, defensively I am really not keen. Up front I think it has to be Bonne.

................................Walton...........................

...........Donacien.....Edmundson......Woolfenden

Burns.......Aluko.......Bakinson........Celina........Edwards

........................Chaplin..............Bonne............................

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:58 am

I’d go with Edwards if Penney/ Coulsen aren’t available. Edwards isn’t a natural defender, but at least he’s got it in him to beat defenders. And he does track back.

I think it has to be Carroll and Bakinson again as the CM’s unless they bring in Harper or El Miz. No point in signing Bakinson unless we use him. Carroll seems to lack physicality, but, once again, why sign him if he can’t do a job?
I do wonder if someone like Aluko could do a job as a holding midfielder. He just seems a bit more physical and robust than Carroll, but it’s playing someone out of position. Maybe Evans is fit enough anyway.
I assume Celina and Chaplin were left out midweek because they were pencilled in for this match. I expect them to start with Bonne.
It could be we have to play to our strengths (attack) and go for the win and hope the defence holds out.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:18 am

Snap BB, that's settled then, I will give Kieran a ring.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:53 am

There’s a funny smell in the air on the forum this morning ……… :lol: