League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Gillingham AFC Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Should win this one comfortably?

Town Win
86%
Gills Win
No votes
Draw
14%

Total votes: 14

number 9

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Gillingham AFC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:22 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:15 pm
number 9 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:59 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:22 pm
Way too early to start comparing Kieron McKenna to Steve Cooper, one has been a manager for 2 months the other for 32 months. One is age 35 (young’ish) the other 42 ( middle age 🤣).
I'm just curious if folks on this forum and in general are still upset we sacked Cook? I know I'm fully behind Ashton's decision and the appointment of KM. Consequently, I've accepted it may take even longer for us to be promoted...but that's how the cookie crumbles when you're an ITFC supporter.
I think you already know what my answer to this question will be. :lol: I just wish that the board had taken the decision earlier and our chances of making the top 6 might have been better than they are now. For whatever reason it seemed obvious to me earlier in the season that things were just not going to work under PC.
I was actually one of the numbskulls who suggested we give Cook more time! :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:33 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:15 pm
number 9 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:59 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:22 pm
Way too early to start comparing Kieron McKenna to Steve Cooper, one has been a manager for 2 months the other for 32 months. One is age 35 (young’ish) the other 42 ( middle age 🤣).
I'm just curious if folks on this forum and in general are still upset we sacked Cook? I know I'm fully behind Ashton's decision and the appointment of KM. Consequently, I've accepted it may take even longer for us to be promoted...but that's how the cookie crumbles when you're an ITFC supporter.
I think you already know what my answer to this question will be. :lol: I just wish that the board had taken the decision earlier and our chances of making the top 6 might have been better than they are now. For whatever reason it seemed obvious to me earlier in the season that things were just not going to work under PC.
Thing is , if Cook was never “ their man”, and things ended badly the previous season after he took charge , why the hell didn’t they just get rid of him in the summer and bring a new man in then ? We’ve essentially lost another season now .

Ps ..,, you can’t help being a numbskull number 9… :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:55 pm

Must admit, i regard you, Shed on Tour as a fan i can rely on for “facts”, (show your Mrs that quote, :lol: ) ……. But you were one of the very first to voice “Cook is no good” notions and it was early in his tenure. I remember thinking, “really?”……, but you were correct all along. Started listening more closely to his pressers and yep, very early signals of desperation. .

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:21 pm

It was 200% the right decision no matter what anyone says. He was aa limited as it gets and full of hot air, I wanted Cook here but it was evident from a very early stage that he was useless and there were clearly issues behind the scenes.

I think the new owners would have got rid if they could have sooner but I am firmly of the opinion that the hard sell employed by Marcus Evans included some kind of retainer for Cook.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:49 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:55 pm
Must admit, i regard you, Shed on Tour as a fan i can rely on for “facts”, (show your Mrs that quote, :lol: ) ……. But you were one of the very first to voice “Cook is no good” notions and it was early in his tenure. I remember thinking, “really?”……, but you were correct all along. Started listening more closely to his pressers and yep, very early signals of desperation. .
Marko the Mrs says there are several facts she could tell you about me. However, as this board might be viewed by younger members they can’t be repeated on here! :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:33 pm

It’s ok Shed, I can take it …. :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:01 pm

Part of our training facilities were decimated by fire at the weekend, surprised seems no mention. Blaze broke out at Playford Road and a marquee was destroyed. SFRS (Suffolk Fire Rescue Service) are investigating, asking for witnesses etc.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:35 pm

saint jude wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:01 pm
Part of our training facilities were decimated by fire at the weekend, surprised seems no mention. Blaze broke out at Playford Road and a marquee was destroyed. SFRS (Suffolk Fire Rescue Service) are investigating, asking for witnesses etc.
Not Jehovahs i hope?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:39 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:35 pm
saint jude wrote:
Not Jehovahs i hope?
It was probably those left over fireworks from the Lambert era! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:45 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:39 pm
marko69 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:35 pm
saint jude wrote:
Not Jehovahs i hope?
It was probably those left over fireworks from the Lambert era! :lol:
:lol: Yeah…….. that MASSIVE demonstration?! Hahahaha

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:13 am

marko69 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:48 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:35 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:31 pm
Us or them VR?
Forrest have awesome young coach, McKenna has quite a bit to go yet before we can attach those words to him.
Plural? He’s “young”, Valley!
:D I got an A in English but you'd never know

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:37 pm

I wrote music with Mozart and Tchaikovsky...

Enough bullshit. Last word on the fire issue, the tent in question that went up in flames was used specifically for "squad activation and sessions of fitness" a statement revealed.

Point being, after the inept / lazy performance regards the game last weekend, entertained the thought someone took it upon themselves to start a blaze and take their frustrations out on said marquee (that clealy wasn't doing the job it intended)

It's vague and unfounded but at the same time prevalent in the realms of plausibility. Enquiries still ongoing, r.e. source of incident, but we move on.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:07 pm

I reckon you getting an “A” in English is definitely prevalent in the realms of plausibility, Saint. 👍