League 1 - Doncaster Rovers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Another ugly win?

Rovers Win
No votes
Town Win
64%
Draw
36%

Total votes: 14

Frosty
Forum Owner

League 1 - Doncaster Rovers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Frosty » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:07 pm

Image Doncaster Rovers v Ipswich TownImage

Tuesday 8th February 2022 – 19:45

Keepmoat Stadium

Pre-Match Thoughts - Mike

There's Winning Ugly And Then There's That !!!

I think it's fair to say things didn't go according to script against Gillingham on Saturday passed, although the end result, which at this stage is the all important thing, turned out ok in the end. Pretty it most certainly wasn't as Town turned in their worst performance by some margin under the Kieran McKenna leadership and yet still managed to secure the all important Three points. It was a game where just nothing seemed to work for Town as we huffed and puffed our way past a relegation threatened Gillingham side who more than matched us for most of the game and but for the woodwork would almost certainly have won the points themselves.

I think it is something we are all guilty of, we look at the league table, the level of the opposition, past results against them also play a part and we come to the conclusion that merely turning up on the day will get the job done, sadly it most certainly doesn't. Mckenna himself made it clear that all week he and the players had expected a really tough match, a different Gillingham to the one we turned over so easily a few weeks back down at their place, they did after all have a new man at the helm which usually brings out the best in any team, even one which has struggled all season, and so it proved. Neil Harris has definitely got his game plan right and they did it well by frustrating us with a policy of defending their box in numbers and making it hard for us to break them down, factor in an off day for virtually the whole Town team and suddenly you have a real task on your hands. It took the only piece of real Town quality on the day to unlock their otherwise tight defence and thankfully the finishing skills of Conor Chaplin saw us over the line, Just !!

George Edmundson is showing all the attributes required to be the next Town scapegoat in a long list of holders of that post. Yes he is having a shaky spell right now and a few errors have crept into his game, One or Two have proved costly and the unforgiving Town fans won't forget, just as Toto Nsiala who was the subject of similar treatment which really made sure he was never accepted by a large section of the fans. I think it is all rather sad that when things aren't going well the preferred reaction is to make the guys job harder instead of getting behind him, don't think these players don't read social media stuff because they most definitely do, Conor Chaplin made it clear they had read the negativity following the Sheffield Wednesday defeat and thought it was unfair. The short sighted approach by the fans who choose to berate and criticise George Edmundson probably didn't even notice that had it not been for him getting forward and finding the pass from which Chaplin scored we would have not won the game and almost certainly been out of the promotion chase. The most important thing for me is getting the old head around the bigger picture, McKenna is instilling a new brand of football into the team, they are all being asked to play a different way, some take to it no problem while others, who's job probably changes more than others find it harder to settle in, I am firmly of the opinion this is where George is coming a little unstuck right now, I am also sure he will get there soon, the idea of dropping him just isn't going to happen.

In my opinion Kieran Mckenna has done little wrong since his arrival but One thing I really do find odd is the selection of Tom Carroll who for me is limited to say the least, I could be harder but limited is fair, I don't think I have seen or heard of anyone impressed with him, fair enough we are not spoilt for choice with Morsy still being out but surely Aluko would have been a much better option, having said that was the non appearance of Aluko in the match day squad a damn good piece of man management by the gaffer ? Having just become a father maybe KM felt it only right to give the guy a few days off, maybe the head was not totally in the right place and tiredness an issue, we will never know but again we come to the conclusion the manager got it wrong, maybe he didn't at all.

So we move on, let's look at the old League table again. or maybe the home trouncing of Doncaster Rovers and come to the conclusion we only have to turn up Tuesday evening to grab another Three points, well if anyone is believing that then think again, a team at home and fighting for their lives, yes they have been awful all season but look at what they did last Saturday, going to the Stadium of Light and turning over promotion chasing Sunderland, that's how easy this game is going to be, it could be every bit as ugly as the Gillingham match and once more I say this, it is all about the result, not the performance.

The shock win over the Black Cats still doesn't lift Donny off the bottom of the table although it is now only on goal difference, Eight points from safety with other teams having a game in hand sounds a folorn hope, just as it did for Gillingham but where there is hope there is still a chance of a miracle which is why this is going to be another stern test. Doncaster concede nearly two goals a game so Town have to get their attacking side of the game back up and running because chances will come our way, defensively they are suspect and we need to put them under pressure. Looking at their squad I have to say I don't really have any names jumping out at me, gone are the days of James Coppinger and co which is probably why they are now going through a transitional period.

This is another one where we are more than capable of coming out on top, at something approaching our best we win this game, the big question is can we step it up from the poor showing Three days previous ? I think we will see at least Two or Three changes again with Aluko, Celina, Bonne and hopefully Bakinson starting but in McKenna we trust, or at least I do so what he goes with will be for a reason. One thing is certain we won't be hitting Six against them like we did at Portman Road but I would take another ugly, backs to the wall single goal victory all day long and that is exactly what I think we will get with Edmundson heading home the winner !!! :wink: COYB'S

The Opposition – Doncaster Rovers

The club was formed in 1879 by Albert Jenkins, a fitter at Doncaster's Great Northern Railway works. He gathered together some friends to play a match against the Yorkshire Institute for the Deaf and Dumb in September 1879. On walking back from the game, the team took a rest at the Hall Cross, and had a discussion in which they decided to play more and called themselves Doncaster Rovers.

They were first elected to the Football League in 1901, as a replacement for New Brighton Tower. Their first season in the League was in fact the one when Doncaster achieved their highest position ever (7th in the Football League Second Division). They only lasted two seasons in the league before being voted out in favour of local rivals Bradford City, having finished the 1902 season in the bottom three.

They spent the subsequent season in the Midland League, only managing 11th place out of 18 but were elected back to Division 2. This time, in 1904–05, Doncaster finished bottom with W3 D2 L29, adrift by 12 points, gaining only 8 points – an unfortunate still standing record. They were voted out once again.

They remained in the Midland League until they were again accepted into the Football League Division 3 North for 1923–24 to replace Stalybridge Celtic.

The next few seasons saw them rise towards the top of the table, then decline towards the bottom, before in the early 1930s finishing consistently near the top and finally becoming Champions in 1934–35.

Rovers spent two seasons in Division 2, before being relegated in 1936–37.

Doncaster Rovers were involved in the longest ever competitive football match, against Stockport County at Edgeley Park on 30 March 1946, in a Division Three (North) cup tie. The match was deadlocked at 2–2 at 90 minutes, and after two 10-minute periods of extra time there was no further score. The rule at that time was that the game would carry on until one team scored. However, after 203 minutes, and with darkness closing in, the game was finally stopped.

In 1946–47 Doncaster set a record for the most games won in a league season (33), when they won the Third Division North title. The following season saw them relegated from the Second Division, but two years later, they won the Third Division North again. This time they stayed in the Second Division for eight seasons, their most successful period to date.

During the early 1990s, Ken Richardson, who was later described by detectives as "the type that would trample a two-year-old child to pick up a 2p bit"took over as the majority shareholder of the club. He ploughed a lot of money into Doncaster Rovers with one thing on his mind, a new stadium. When he was refused a new stadium by the council he soon lost interest. Richardson hired three men to torch Belle Vue and planned to sell the ground to developers. The attempt put Richardson in jail for four years. In 1998 Rovers dropped out of the league with a −83 goal difference.

The Westferry Consortium took over the Club just before the beginning of the 1998–99 season with a commitment to invest heavily in the club. They also brought in John Ryan as a non-executive chairman and he took over at the end of this season. Having aspirations of returning it to the second tier where he had seen them when he was a boy, he stated he would build a new stadium within ten years, both of which he went on to achieve within the ten years. Doncaster found their best form in 50 years in the 2000s.

After five seasons in the Conference League, under the helm of manager Dave Penney the club returned to the fourth tier (known at the time as Division Three) after winning the 2003 Conference Play-Off final.

In 2003–04, the first season they were back in the Football League, Rovers achieved promotion to the third tier as Champions.

A new stadium was completed in December 2006. Doncaster's first game at the new Keepmoat Stadium was against Huddersfield Town on New Year's Day, 2007.

On 1 April 2007, Doncaster Rovers travelled to the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff to play Bristol Rovers in the Football League Trophy final which they won 3-2 to claim their first major trophy.

2007–08 proved to be one of the most exciting seasons in Doncaster's history. Defeat on the final day of the season cost them automatic promotion but they won their semi-final playoff to advance to the League One play-off final at Wembley on Sunday 25 May 2008 where they beat Leeds United 1–0 to move into Football League Championship after a half century absence.

The first half of the 2008–09 season saw Doncaster struggling to adapt to the Championship despite a promising start which saw them bottom of the Championship on 20 December 2008. Rovers managed to turn things around and ultimately ended their first season in the Championship comfortably in 14th position.

Doncaster finished two places higher in 12th in the 2009/10 season, however the 2010–11 season proved to be Doncaster's most trying season in the Championship thus far finishing in 21st place.

Doncaster Rovers struggled in the 2011–12 season and were relegated to League One with three games still to play.

The squad was rebuilt for the 2012–13 season with 19 players leaving. Expectations were low, but after an average start, Doncaster finished the season one point above Bournemouth as Champions.

Following promotion to the Championship for the 2013–14 season, Paul Dickov was brought in as manager. To boost support for their chosen charity, Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice, the club signed Louis Tomlinson of boy band One Direction on a non-contract basis.

On 9 November, John Ryan gave an emotional farewell and stepped down as Chairman of the Club after 15 years, amid reports of boardroom disagreements following a proposed takeover bid by a hedge-fund consortium lead by Sequentia Capital.

On 3 May 2014 Doncaster were relegated back to League One after just one season following a defeat to Leicester City on the final day of the season.

Rovers finished the 2014–15 season in 13th place, before being relegated to League Two after finishing 21st in 2015–16 with new manager Darren Ferguson.

The 2016–17 season saw them being promoted back to League 1 at the first attempt in 3rd position.

Darren Ferguson left his post in June 2017 and was replaced by another former Peterborough boss in Grant McCann ahead of the 2018/19 season. Under McCann, Rovers finished sixth in League One, qualifying for the end of season play-offs where they faced Charlton Athletic over two legs. A 2–1 defeat in the first leg and an early Krystian Bielik goal in the second left Rovers with a mountain to climb at The Valley, but goals from captain Tommy Rowe and Andy Butler forced extra time. John Marquis put Rovers ahead for the first time in extra time, only for Darren Pratley to equalise a minute later. Rovers lost the penalty shoot-out 4–3 with misses coming from Rowe and Marquis as they fell just short of making the Wembley Stadium showdown.

McCann left in the summer for Championship side Hull City and was replaced by former defender Darren Moore ahead of the 2019/20 campaign.

Moore moved to struggling Sheffield Wednesday on 1 March 2021, and Andy Butler was appointed as interim manager for the remainder of the season.

For the 2021-22 season, former trophy winning Doncaster Rovers player Richie Wellens was installed as first team manager, with Noel Hunt as assistant manager.

In December 2021 Gary McSheffrey was appointed Manager after a short spell as caretaker.

Last season Doncaster finished League 1 in 14th place

The Manager – Gary McSheffrey

Form Guide

Doncaster Rovers Last 5 Matches – Currently in 24th place with 22 points

18 Jan Cambridge Utd 3 - 1 Doncaster

22 Jan Milton Keynes 0 - 1 Doncaster

29 Jan Doncaster 1 - 3 Plymouth

1 Feb Doncaster 0 - 5 Rotherham

5 Feb Sunderland 1 - 2 Doncaster

Ipswich Last 5 Matches – Currently in 9th place with 44 points

15 Jan Bolton 2 - 0 Ipswich Town

22 Jan Ipswich Town 2 - 1 Accrington

25 Jan AFC Wimbledon 0 - 2 Ipswich Town

29 Jan Sheffield Wed 1 - 0 Ipswich Town

5 Feb Ipswich Town 1 - 0 Gillingham

Match Referee – Ollie Yates

DONCASTER ROVERS 0 IPSWICH TOWN 1

arana peligrosa

Re: League 1 - Doncaster Rovers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:24 pm

In all truth didn't realize we had a game tomorrow. Kind of crept up unawares but something to get involved in if you can make it.

voted to draw, the Gillingham game told it's own tale. We got a win and were fortunate with it, it were something of a steal but don't think lightning will strike twice with this one.

Doncaster, can't remember the result with them this season in the other game but they're fighting fo their lives and a number of our own players appear to have given up on the season already. Bottom line, they have to win, we ourselves not quite so paramount for it. Say again seems a fair few of our squad have accepted the season being over so (mindset being) why try or make the effort.

a 1 - 1 score draw, which shall be of litte use to either set of teams and fanbases.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:00 am

Another nice write up and I was drawn to this part as it could quite possibly be a "farting against thunder" scenario for McKenna:

Preview quote:
"McKenna is instilling a new brand of football into the team, they are all being asked to play a different way, some take to it no problem while others, who's job probably changes more than others find it harder to settle in."
End quote.

It really is my own personal issue with the "modern game". Some players, (maybe even a lot of the players) may NEVER take to the ways he is asking. (Or the way "modern" managers are asking) And to be 100% honest, I am not sure I blame the players entirely. Maybe the game is psychologically becoming too complex. I remember being at a particular under 14 game when my son Scott was playing......, half time team talk was taking place with the two "coaches" (debatable) and the dad of one of Scotts pals said to me, "Why don't they just play the effin game? Why they filling their heads with this nonsense?"
Remember saying to Scotty, "Those half time chats you have? You understand what Colin & Alan are saying?"
"I just defend the right back area, dad and track over when Mikey makes arse of it!"
I mean I know they were only 14 year old lads but I suppose the age is relative to a player being introduced to a "modern" manager. We know Lambert was probably old school and couldn't keep up, but maybe the "Paul Hursts" of the world are trying too hard.
McKenna is getting results, no doubt about that whatsoever, but I do fear he (or other complex guys) may NEVER have teams cruising to victory (on a regular basis) simply because not everyone will be singing from the same hymn sheet.

After seeing the Portman Road highlights v Gillingham......, quite scary in parts. Voted for the draw @ Doncaster but wouldn't be surprising at all if it was a very tough day and a shitty drive back to So'Fack for the fans.
1-1

REF:
Player: "You SUCK, Ref."
Ref: "Why? Because I've got this ADVANCE TO GO, COLLECT 200 POUNDS card? You're just jealous."

McSheffrey caption
DONCASTER NEWS HEADLINE:

McSHEFFREY OVERHEARS MCKENNA TEAM TALK; QUITS FOOTBALL

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:37 am

In spite of their recent better form anything other than a win will be a big surprise. It would also be disastrous for any remote chance we still have of making the playoffs. 0-1.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:24 am

Another great write up Mike. Some "fans" have short memories or are very blinkered to seeing only the poor stuff. Edmundsen has been a rock for us at times this season (in the few games i have seen), perhaps those same people should think back to earlier in the season when we were really struggling while desperately awaiting George to get up to speed and make his debut.

I believe our defense is in a better place with him in the side than without! Ok so he has made some mistakes of late, but playing behind a midfield also missing its main man in Morsy (another who came in and vastly improved what we had, but has also got the mistakes in him by way of rash challenges/reactions) has probably added that extra pressure on the defense. Morsy is a really key player for us, we generally look better all over the pitch when he plays and i believe a return to better form will come for Edmundsen with Sam's return.

As for this game tonight; Doncaster have been shocking at home this season, their last league win at the Keepmoat was the 11th December and prior to that the 23rd October (against Shrewsbury and Cheltenham respectively). However, this is Ipswich we are talking about and it seems a real meal was made of L1's other relegation fodder on Saturday. Keeping the home crowd quiet is key here, so a quick start for the Blues and i see a decent 0-3 away win, however allow Doncaster any foothold in the game (as with Gillingham) with a battling performance and it will be a turgid affair and even ending goalless!

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:00 am

I agree with Mike that this is gonna be tight and not pretty.

But, Edmundson heading home the winner? Let's just hope its not in his own net :wink:

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:05 am

rossi wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:00 am

But, Edmundson heading home the winner? Let's just hope its not in his own net :wink:
I hope you haven't just talked that one up or you may become persona non grata! :wink: :lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:14 am

Playing the bottom of the table team that’s conceded 14 goals in their last five home games which have all been lost would seem a straightforward fixture, but that all changed on Saturday when Donny came away from the Stadium of Light with all 3 points in their back pocket. At the same time Town are finding it hard to score goals which heaps even more pressure on our defence who I fear will need to keep a clean sheet if we’re going to win this one. I think it’s possible because Donny will feel this game is winnable and will have a go at us knowing we’re prone to making mistakes which will leave them exposed to being beaten on the break which is what I’ll put my money on.

0-1 win to Town with Christian Walton MOTM.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:18 am

Donny starting to battle which makes these types of matches tough even though they are bottom of the league.
Ipswich really need to start getting points picked up away from home if they want to reach play-offs. Home form is excellent under McKenna but next 2 matches are tough for different reasons. Need to get min 4 from 6 IMO

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:32 am

marko69 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:00 am
Another nice write up and I was drawn to this part as it could quite possibly be a "farting against thunder" scenario for McKenna:

Preview quote:
"McKenna is instilling a new brand of football into the team, they are all being asked to play a different way, some take to it no problem while others, who's job probably changes more than others find it harder to settle in."
End quote.

It really is my own personal issue with the "modern game". Some players, (maybe even a lot of the players) may NEVER take to the ways he is asking. (Or the way "modern" managers are asking) And to be 100% honest, I am not sure I blame the players entirely. Maybe the game is psychologically becoming too complex. I remember being at a particular under 14 game when my son Scott was playing......, half time team talk was taking place with the two "coaches" (debatable) and the dad of one of Scotts pals said to me, "Why don't they just play the effin game? Why they filling their heads with this nonsense?"
Remember saying to Scotty, "Those half time chats you have? You understand what Colin & Alan are saying?"
"I just defend the right back area, dad and track over when Mikey makes arse of it!"
I mean I know they were only 14 year old lads but I suppose the age is relative to a player being introduced to a "modern" manager. We know Lambert was probably old school and couldn't keep up, but maybe the "Paul Hursts" of the world are trying too hard.
McKenna is getting results, no doubt about that whatsoever, but I do fear he (or other complex guys) may NEVER have teams cruising to victory (on a regular basis) simply because not everyone will be singing from the same hymn sheet.

After seeing the Portman Road highlights v Gillingham......, quite scary in parts. Voted for the draw @ Doncaster but wouldn't be surprising at all if it was a very tough day and a shitty drive back to So'Fack for the fans.
1-1

REF:
Ref: "Why? Because I've got this ADVANCE TO GO, COLLECT 200 POUNDS card? You're just jealous."

McSheffrey caption
DONCASTER NEWS HEADLINE:

Couldn't agree more on the modern coach stuff.
Fergie wouldn't never have come out with this junk and he'd still win the Premiership today !, same with guys like Davie Moyes.
We had all the so called experts saying Moyes was passed it a few years back etc etc !
Its like the game has passed you by if you don't play one up top, imagine playing 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 !
I remember Terry Venables at Euro 96 saying he sick of having to justify tactics and formation and saying "the game is about players in the end" !
Few of my mates are ex pros and they go along to Academy football and just despair at it, probably similar to you under 14's experience Marko

Maloney at Hibs is perfect example. Jury is out already ?

Its actually one of the things that worries me about McKenna.
For me all the talk about him means nothing unless results are happening on the park

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:35 am

So what you are saying, Azzurro is ; when Sam Morsy plays, Edmundsen can play much better, ……. but when Sam Morsy isn’t playing, then well 🤷‍♂️ —->> might be a hit or a miss, could be rabbit in headlights defending?
Wow, thats some predicament for McKenna. In the dugout hoping & praying Morsy keeps his hands to himself and his mouth shut otherwise George could become a liability !! (Out of everyones control because Morsy is an arsehole)
I think the solution is find better than Edmundsen before he’s another Tommy Smith.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:46 am

valleyroad wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:32 am
marko69 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:00 am

Preview quote:
End quote.

1-1

REF:

McSheffrey caption
DONCASTER NEWS HEADLINE:

Couldn't agree more on the modern coach stuff.
Fergie wouldn't never have come out with this junk and he'd still win the Premiership today !, same with guys like Davie Moyes.
We had all the so called experts saying Moyes was passed it a few years back etc etc !
Its like the game has passed you by if you don't play one up top, imagine playing 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 !
I remember Terry Venables at Euro 96 saying he sick of having to justify tactics and formation and saying "the game is about players in the end" !
Few of my mates are ex pros and they go along to Academy football and just despair at it, probably similar to you under 14's experience Marko

Maloney at Hibs is perfect example. Jury is out already ?

Its actually one of the things that worries me about McKenna.
For me all the talk about him means nothing unless results are happening on the park
Agreed, and even hearing Fergie speak now when interviewed, ….. its about individuals, never formations & “systems”. (God, i fkn hate that word: play my system! 🤦‍♂️)
I think translated it means ——->> Just play BETTER!!
A few AFL coaches started talking “Brands of footy” past few years and its been met by some highly experienced coaches with; “a brand of footy? Just play the fkn game!” (Oz accent) :lol:

Re Hibs, Ross out for Maloney? 🤦‍♂️ Unbelievable.
He’ll feel the wrath if its a cup exit @ Arbroath on Sunday. Which is very likely.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:45 pm

Thankfully McKenna is getting results on the pitch so the rest of it is irrelevant at the moment.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:55 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:15 pm
*disclaimer - not a dig at the scots or any other minority group. I actually couldn't understand a word he said.
Now now……. Let’s not read your insecurities on the open forum, Balls. Jaysus H! 🤦‍♂️ Funny though. :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:25 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:15 pm
I never understood why Fergie did so well because personally I couldnt understand a damn word* he said.

*disclaimer - not a dig at the scots or any other minority group. I actually couldn't understand a word he said.
A number of Scots make for great managers, Jock Stein, Shankly, George Graham to name a few of many. Whether or not you can understand Ferguson is immaterial, he was - and remains - a fantastic coach and motivator. Like Clough, didn't tolerate mischief or f**king around from his players for very long, and employed a tough but fair discipline.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:58 pm

Burns Bonne Chaplin celina Bakinson start, Carroll not in squad :D no Piggott in squad either.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:01 pm

I like the look of this team, glad Carroll is out, no brainer

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:29 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:58 pm
Burns Bonne Chaplin celina Bakinson start, Carroll not in squad :D no Piggott in squad either.
Kind of think Pigott hasn’t got a future here as McK prefers Jackson. Hopefully, Burns won’t break down. I thought he might be out for a while.

Let’s hope Bakinson can put in a better performance than Carroll who’s too lightweight. Think I’d prefer El Mizouni to Bakinson - just a touch more aggression and can take the ball forward.

Hopefully, it’s a night for Celina. Never know what you get from him, but he can win games.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:50 pm

Bonne missed a sitter 2nd minute

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:03 pm

An OK start first 15 minutes but bakinson is awful

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:05 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:03 pm

I’ve no idea how he gets selected ahead of Aluko. I’ve lost count how many times he’s given away possession.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:06 pm

No he isn't!!, he's done some decent stuff

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:06 pm

Selective eyesight

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:07 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Spot on there, Aluko is the far better player

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:08 pm

Burns just gave it away

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:08 pm

Celina just gave it away

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:09 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:07 pm
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Spot on there, Aluko is the far better player
Agree, I like Aluko, can't understand why he's not playing.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:09 pm

Another poor effort from Bonne

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:09 pm

Bonne seems like he's not on the boil tonight so far

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:11 pm