A monster waiting to be unleashed - Morsy

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

A monster waiting to be unleashed - Morsy

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:03 pm

Ipswich Town's influential skipper Sam Morsy says the club is a 'monster waiting to be unleashed' - and he and his fellow Blues plan on doing just that in the final games of the season.

Town moved to within five points of the play-offs with an impressive display in a 0-0 draw at high-flying MK Dons yesterday, and have 14 games left in which to crash the play-off party.

They were backed by almost 7,000 fans at Milton Keynes, with Morsy saying the support is just further proof of the behemoth the Blues could become.

"It's a monster waiting to be unleashed, and we have to unleash it," he said of the club.

"We do that by winning games - there's a long way to go, there's going to be ups and downs, but together as players, staff and fans, we can do it."

Morsy, who returned from a controversial four game ban at Stadium MK, added: "The support was Incredible. You could see them at the end, I think they can feel we're doing something here as a club.

"We need them, their support's been absolutely immense and it's just going to go up and up and up now - they can feel that we're going to do something and I personally can't wait to play Saturday."

Town now have two straight home games, against Burton and Cheltenham, with Morsy stressing that the Blues can take confidence from their showing at the Dons, who are third in the league

"They're a half-decent team, they're up there for a reason, but I thought we were the better team," he explained.

"They started well, we came into the game, I thought second half only one team was going to score - and that was us. In particular, before the end, you could see they were dying on their feet but we were just getting fitter as it went on.

"But yeah, it was a good game, a good team and a good away point.

"Our home form is absolutely fantastic, and our last two really tough away games, against Bolton and Sheffield Wednesday, we lost so to get a point, it possibly could have been three, but it's a decent point, we're building it and we've got a couple of home games coming up which we can't wait for.

"We looked solid. They're a good side and we were better than them.

"We're building momentum, it's getting better every week and it's about taking the improvements into the games, which I think we're doing."

Of Saturday's clash with Burton, who are 13th in the table, Morsy added: "It's going to be another tough game, again we want to have a good learning week and be better and have a good game on Saturday.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: A monster waiting to be unleashed - Morsy

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:40 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:03 pm
Ipswich Town's influential skipper Sam Morsy says the club is a 'monster waiting to be unleashed' - and he and his fellow Blues plan on doing just that in the final games of the season.

Town moved to within five points of the play-offs with an impressive display in a 0-0 draw at high-flying MK Dons yesterday, and have 14 games left in which to crash the play-off party.

They were backed by almost 7,000 fans at Milton Keynes, with Morsy saying the support is just further proof of the behemoth the Blues could become.

"It's a monster waiting to be unleashed, and we have to unleash it," he said of the club.

"We do that by winning games - there's a long way to go, there's going to be ups and downs, but together as players, staff and fans, we can do it."

Morsy, who returned from a controversial four game ban at Stadium MK, added: "The support was Incredible. You could see them at the end, I think they can feel we're doing something here as a club.

"We need them, their support's been absolutely immense and it's just going to go up and up and up now - they can feel that we're going to do something and I personally can't wait to play Saturday."

Town now have two straight home games, against Burton and Cheltenham, with Morsy stressing that the Blues can take confidence from their showing at the Dons, who are third in the league

"They're a half-decent team, they're up there for a reason, but I thought we were the better team," he explained.

"They started well, we came into the game, I thought second half only one team was going to score - and that was us. In particular, before the end, you could see they were dying on their feet but we were just getting fitter as it went on.

"Our home form is absolutely fantastic, and our last two really tough away games, against Bolton and Sheffield Wednesday, we lost so to get a point, it possibly could have been three, but it's a decent point, we're building it and we've got a couple of home games coming up which we can't wait for.

"We're building momentum, it's getting better every week and it's about taking the improvements into the games, which I think we're doing."

Of Saturday's clash with Burton, who are 13th in the table, Morsy added: "It's going to be another tough game, again we want to have a good learning week and be better and have a good game on Saturday.
That is some thread title, Hallam. Thought I'd have to be called to do my first ever "mod job" and delete some dodgy pictures.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:57 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:46 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:40 pm
hallamblue wrote:

That is some thread title, Hallam. Thought I'd have to be called to do my first ever "mod job" and delete some dodgy pictures.
Lol :lol: :lol: , you could have said SO much more there marko … ha ha

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:58 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:46 pm
marko69 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:40 pm
hallamblue wrote:

Lol :lol: :lol: , you could have said SO much more there marko … ha ha
Had it all typed out, Hallam…….. then that psycho.”Billy Milligan” 3rd voice started saying, “family forum, family forum, family forum” over & over……. So had to edit. 🤦‍♂️ :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:54 pm

hallamblue wrote:

You'd have to be 100 per cent pure of thought not to entertain any innuendo with the above highlighted.

How do you define a "monster" anyhow. I look at Adolf Hitler, Stalin, Ted Bundy, that level of casting. At least figure it in the right association. It won't pertain to this club name in what remains of the season.

Morsy, I don't know, maybe he's getting ahead of himself or predicting things that simply won't come to pass. Been with it from the start and even now can say with some assurance we're not quite promotion material as yet. McKenna's time with us is yet to come. Had Cook been forced out long before he were and the former entered earlier, we could well have accomplished something this year, until then you got to wait a little longer for the right time to come.

It's frustrating, realize that as much as the next after all the years that have passed but the manager at least is proving something of a hit. Backstage with Ashton and the new owners, people will have their doubts and yet undecided, but the seeds of improvement have been sewn and results sporadically evident.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:10 pm

saint jude wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:54 pm
hallamblue wrote:

You'd have to be 100 per cent pure of thought not to entertain any innuendo with the above highlighted.

Well clearly Saint I am totally 💯 % pure of thought … coz I took it at face value …,, marko on the other hand !!! :lol: :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:27 pm

Hey......, Think if ITFC unleashed something monstrous, it'd be more acceptable to be that of the innuendo-ish type thing than Adolf feckin Hitler or Joseph effin Stalin! Enough of this chat or people are going to be terminated like Ted Bundy!! :D