League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Burton Albion Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Can we cut the gap on the Top 6?

Town Win
94%
Brewers Win
No votes
Draw
6%

Total votes: 16

Denny61

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Burton Albion Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Denny61 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:51 pm

No offence to Cheltenham or morecambe but having to play these clubs and a few others should be the motivation to drive on and get out of this depressing league

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:25 pm

Too right, Denny. With you 100% on that. There’s another thread titled “the great man”…….. imagine the great man coming back? Wow. He’d be shocked. The thought that Bournemouth are a bigger club than Ipswich. 🤦‍♂️

But…….. Wolves were once in the old 4th, Man City, Leicester both in this depressing 3rd etc etc…… this formula of intelligent USA investment with KMcK at the helm could be the ticket back. Could be an exciting Play-off series ahead and if a bridge too far, next season will definitely be one for history books in a positive sense. Has to be. 🤷‍♂️

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:47 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:25 pm
Too right, Denny. With you 100% on that. There’s another thread titled “the great man”…….. imagine the great man coming back? Wow. He’d be shocked. The thought that Bournemouth are a bigger club than Ipswich. 🤦‍♂️

But…….. Wolves were once in the old 4th, Man City, Leicester both in this depressing 3rd etc etc…… this formula of intelligent USA investment with KMcK at the helm could be the ticket back. Could be an exciting Play-off series ahead and if a bridge too far, next season will definitely be one for history books in a positive sense. Has to be. 🤷‍♂️
Trouble is we all want to get up in the premier, another BUT once the Town are back like Us, City, Chelsea ect ect the fans that have followed the Town thro these depressed times and helped get them back wont be getting tickets so easy to come by especially away tickets, you've got a massive away support ie MK Dons once there 3k is the normal in the prem,

All the newbie or armchair fans will be coming out of woodwork and getting their grubby little fingers on the tickets first, I can just hear the likes of Shed, Mike and Hallam singing " Where were you when we were S**t" :?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:16 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:47 pm
marko69 wrote:

Trouble is we all want to get up in the premier, another BUT once the Town are back like Us, City, Chelsea ect ect the fans that have followed the Town thro these depressed times and helped get them back wont be getting tickets so easy to come by especially away tickets, you've got a massive away support ie MK Dons once there 3k is the normal in the prem,

All the newbie or armchair fans will be coming out of woodwork and getting their grubby little fingers on the tickets first, I can just hear the likes of Shed, Mike and Hallam singing " Where were you when we were S**t" :?
We’ve got a long way to go before we’re back in the PL. I think it’s a case of enjoying the journey….. that could be a lot more fun - as well as painful- than actually being in the PL.

I know there are fans who hate this division, but it’s still competitive and, at the moment, fans are buying into the push for the play-offs. Yeah, I can understand the travelling fans who travel a long way to crappy L1 ( or non-league) grounds, but I don’t think L1 is as bad as some make out. If we miss out again, I’m pretty sure we’d be still get decent home crowds for next season and good travelling support. Just good to see us getting some momentum and getting 20k+ support at home. We’re getting better home crowds now than when we were treading water in the Championship.

I think we’re a Championship level club who should be looking to get into the PL, but, if we ever did get there, I wouldn’t expect us to stay there too long. We can still have some good adventures on the way.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:44 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:33 pm
Talking of McKenna has anyone else been impressed by his post match interviews and summary of the game. No more crap excuses and bullshit spouted out like we’ve had over recent years from a string of Town managers.
Yes I've been very impressed, its a pleasure to listen to such a level headed and grounded manager talking sense as opposed to a gobshite blagger.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:36 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:16 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:47 pm
marko69 wrote:

We’ve got a long way to go before we’re back in the PL. I think it’s a case of enjoying the journey….. that could be a lot more fun - as well as painful- than actually being in the PL.

I know there are fans who hate this division, but it’s still competitive and, at the moment, fans are buying into the push for the play-offs. Yeah, I can understand the travelling fans who travel a long way to crappy L1 ( or non-league) grounds, but I don’t think L1 is as bad as some make out. If we miss out again, I’m pretty sure we’d be still get decent home crowds for next season and good travelling support. Just good to see us getting some momentum and getting 20k+ support at home. We’re getting better home crowds now than when we were treading water in the Championship.

I think we’re a Championship level club who should be looking to get into the PL, but, if we ever did get there, I wouldn’t expect us to stay there too long. We can still have some good adventures on the way.
Agree Tang, I enjoyed both the championship and Div 1, and still wouldn't mind being back in the championship, only had one season in the Div .1. all 3 times weve been in it, 2 x winning it and once relegated from it although being Div 3 on two occasions,

but my point is, its great playing in the premier but a nightmare getting tickets home and away. All the new scarf brigade get them first.
so a lot of the real fans who had all those dark cold days/nights in Morecombe, Aldershot etc, wont be seeing the them at the Old Trafford's.
you have the 18/20k die hard fans now, try getting tickets when there's 40/50 k.
Anyway don't leave it to long as i miss my trips back down to Suffolk :D