Cooks Chesterfield

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Cooks Chesterfield

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:17 pm

No coincidence Chesterfield have only lost Two games at home all season and both under Cooks management, he's only been there a couple of weeks, lmfao, what a car crash of a manager.

rossi

Re: Cooks Chesterfield

Post by rossi » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:01 pm

Doubtless he'll say he shouldn't be judged this year as its not his squad - then, when he has had a total clear-out in the summer, he will expect to be given 5 years for it to come good. All very samey

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:07 pm

Just like our old players that went to Colchester Utd all bloody useless and proving that even Div 2 is not their level, that's the only good job that Cook did was getting that lot out of Ipswich Town FC, I feel sorry for the Colchester fans having to put up with that dross every week :cry: :cry: :cry:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:31 pm

Cook has had a pretty good managerial career up until the last 18 months. Not sure what’s happened or why there’s so much hatred towards him. He actually did us a favour . He got rid of thf utter shyte that had been stealing a living at this club for 3 years under Lambert . And the current can’t do anything wrong squad if players are HIS!! He had 20 games with them …..

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:57 pm

Whilst he would never have been my first choice manager when he arrived here his track record was good and personally I think he did more good than harm making a start on cleaning up the mess he inherited. I have no idea why some just can’t move on and still find the need to follow what he’s doing with the sole intention of making cheap comments. I actually find it quite distasteful and unnecessary. I still wish him well and hope he can resurrect his career as I think he’s a very genuine nice bloke even if he is a scouser.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:02 pm

No more distasteful than the constant negative views of Mark Ashton which I actually have an issue with but have to endure time and time again.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:32 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:57 pm
Whilst he would never have been my first choice manager when he arrived here his track record was good and personally I think he did more good than harm making a start on cleaning up the mess he inherited. I have no idea why some just can’t move on and still find the need to follow what he’s doing with the sole intention of making cheap comments. I actually find it quite distasteful and unnecessary. I still wish him well and hope he can resurrect his career as I think he’s a very genuine nice bloke even if he is a scouser.
Well said Charnwood. 100% agree.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:10 am

This could be Cooks Chesterfield.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:11 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:02 pm
No more distasteful than the constant negative views of Mark Ashton which I actually have an issue with but have to endure time and time again.
Well said BM

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:33 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Well said Charnwood.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:21 pm

"And you join us here for the "WELL SAID" Championships of 2022. Currently Charnwood sitting @ 2-1 over Bluemike. Hopefully we see a close battle unfold."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MasseyFerguson wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:32 pm
Charnwood wrote:
mendipblue wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:11 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Well said BM
Ricco wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:33 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Well said Charnwood.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:17 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:21 pm
"And you join us here for the "WELL SAID" Championships of 2022. Currently Charnwood sitting @ 2-1 over Bluemike. Hopefully we see a close battle unfold."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:lol: :lol:

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:22 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:21 pm

MasseyFerguson wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:32 pm
Charnwood wrote:
mendipblue wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:11 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Well said BM
Ricco wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:33 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Well said Charnwood.
Well said Marko

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:28 pm

I agree with Charnwood.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:46 pm

Didn't realize they were now outside the top four divisions. Not only that but some other names of yesteryear have found their way there such as Stockport, Grimsby, Southend and Notts County, the latter being top league club name just 30 years back. Some of those listed just appear out of place so far into league obscurity.

One last time there was never ay real animosity with Cook when here, just became increasingly pissed with results and performances the longer he remained in place. Felt empathy for it when he approached a kind of breaking point with us but bottom line being it were a wrong appointment from the start, not the first one, it won't be the last.

Some figures will work at one club name, they'll fail at another. Overseeing action in Derbyshire at non-League level (now), got to feel he'll adjust to a more leisurely pace where expectations and demands are of less extent to (his) previous endeavors.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:05 pm

Charnwood eases into a 3-1 lead with Marko getting a point even though he decided never to get involved with Paul Cook chat.
Asked about that point, he said, in a scouse accent:
“Ma names John Parrrrrrott and a play shnooooka and am faawwwwkin crrrrrrap.”
To which he was instantly docked the point for being a racist towards liverpudlians and disqualified.
Score remains, 3-1 Charnwood.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:06 pm

I agree with Charny. 🤣🤣🤣

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:12 pm

I agree with Charny too

goldandblack