Awesome Ipswich Ladies FC

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Awesome Ipswich Ladies FC

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:34 pm

Reach the FA Cup quarter finals for 1st time …

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town

Well played ladies … bloody awesome team tbh 💙👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Awesome Ipswich Ladies FC

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:34 pm

:shock: Wow. That is incredible.

Very well done to the ladies.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:48 pm

Sheehan: Incredible! I’m Still Coming to Terms With Whatever We’ve Just Watched
Sunday, 27th Feb 2022 20:21

Manager Joe Sheehan and penalty shoot-out hero Sarah Quantrill were on cloud nine after Ipswich Town Women beat Southampton 4-2 on penalties following a 1-1 draw after extra-time to see the Tractor Girls through to the FA Cup quarter-finals for the first time in their history.

“I can’t believe it! Incredible! I’m still coming to terms with whatever we’ve just watched for however long,” Sheehan said.

“A competitive game, a right cup scrap. It goes to extra-time and just when we thought we’d scored a really good goal [through Anna Grey], the goalie scores a worldy of a header! The whistle goes, we go into a shoot-out and we win the game. Incredible.”

Reflecting on the match, Sheehan continued: “We knew chances would be few and far between, it would be tight and we’d planned for a shoot-out all week.

“Although the manner of the equalising goal with the last kick of the game taking it to the shoot-out [wasn’t ideal], we’d prepared all week. We knew the order, we knew who was going to take them, so it was almost, ‘reset, we’re happy with this’.

“The way it happened wasn’t ideal but we were confident going into a shoot-out that as long as we were composed, we knew we could win the game.”

He added: “It’s all just a bit of a blur, to be honest, just so caught up in the moment and emotions and, like I say, it’s just an incredible day for us and I’m so pleased.”

Keeper Quantrill, who saved Southampton’s first and fourth penalties in the shoot-out, said: “It’s amazing, what a day! All the girls have dug in so deep, to get this club into the quarter-finals, we couldn’t have asked for much more.

“It was a nervy game, both teams showed their nerves but when we scored that worldy, what we hoped would be the winner and for them to go up and get a corner and then their keeper to go and put her header in the top corner deflated us a bit.

“But credit to the girls, we regrouped and we knew that penalties are 50/50 so anyone can win it.”

Quantrill says the record 1,167 fans played their part in the shoot-out: “For all the penalties, just being down there. As soon as that end was picked, we thought ‘We’ve got this’.

“They were banging on the walls, I don’t think I even heard the whistle for the last penalty. The fans have been amazing, they’ve been with us all season, so just keep coming back and keep supporting us.”

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:04 am

Womens FA Cup QF Draw

Arsenal v Coventry United

Chelsea v Birmingham City

Ipswich Town v West Ham United

Manchester City v Everton

What an achievement to be in the Quarter Finals with the like of Chelsea and Arsenal, two of the top Ladies Football Clubs in Europe and I can’t imagine Man City being too far behind.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:21 am

I hope they don’t elect to play the game at a different venue. Play it on their current ground in Felixstowe, as it’ll give them that psychologically advantage I feel.

JamessB

Post by JamessB » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:26 pm

Wishing the ITFC women's team good luck today with their FA Cup QF - big test against the Hammers. COYB!!

Stuart81

Post by Stuart81 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:51 pm

Good luck against West Ham for the ladies! 💪

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:08 pm

Can't stand West Ham in any capacity whether they're men women or child. Best of luck to our girls out there today in their endeavors and hope for victory.

Would be something though, the men's team obtain a promotion to Championship level and the women win their F.A. Cup tournament.

You can but hope but those achievements together alone, would really help put the club name back into the spectrum of nationwide recognition.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:08 pm

Losing 0-1 atm, for me the quality is really not great.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:10 pm

Well 0-1 it ended and the fairytale journey is over but well done ladies it was a fabulous effort and great whilst it lasted. Well done indeed.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:01 pm

I saw one or two people say the performance was not as good as they’d hoped. I wonder if playing in front of over 2k might have made a few of the girls nervous and not relaxed in their game. Big occasion for them tbh ( probably used to playing in front of about a 100 people, so massive turn out for them today, and they’ve done so well this season. So well done ladies …promotion is the goal. The FACup was the cherry on the cake. 🥳👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:47 am

It is good to see the women do well, and do look out for the Hibs womens results……… but……. watched second half of Hibs v Hearts yesterday, (4-1 cabbage & ribs) and err…….. 🤔……. Errrrrrr 🤔…….. hmmmmm……. 🤔, it was a bit…….. you know, shyte. 🤦‍♂️
Sorry.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:15 pm

I found the product woeful if I'm honest, first time I'd watched a women's game, and most definitely the last.

Not knocking the Ipswich achievement in getting to the QF, its just the general standard.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:48 pm

Suggest you take in an Elite Womens match Mike. It might change your views a little. Town ladies are not an Elite team - West Ham are, and our girls did well to limit their chances tbh . West Ham along with all the other Elite clubs are full time - our girls all have day jobs . I think one of the Town side actually was on a night shift prior to the game!

Whilst womens football doesn’t have the same power that the men’s game has, the skill level is definitely there at the Elite level, and improving. Hopefully the ITFC Ladies squad can continue to improve . They’ve lost just one game all season in the league.

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:14 pm

The girls did so well to hold them to 0-1. They are pushing for promotion and with a few of them getting professional contracts it bodes well for us having a great ladies team in the not to distant future. I for one will try and time my trips back to see both the boys and the girls play if I can! #coyb 🚜💙

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:55 pm

Not the opposition you'd wish to lose to. We gave it a go and fell short, it's a pity the rounds couldn't continue.

I got time for women's soccer (when) in the right capacity but wondered when mentioned why our ladies squad plays home games at Felixstowe and not Portman Road. Maybe it's to do with stadia size and a smaller venue / field area, accommodates women better than their male counterparts.

This industry has come on leaps and bounds in the last 30 years, now there's a Champions League for women in Europe of all things. Wasn't quite aware of that until today.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:44 am

I’m sure the Tractor- Girls will eventually end up at PR in time … many of the Elite Ladies teams play at decent professional stadia … tbh Col Utd ground would be ideal ….