Leg Room?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Frating

Leg Room?

Post by Frating » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:23 pm

Hello, thinking of taking in a few games and haven't been to Portman Road for a few years. I'm 6ft 4 and was wondering the best place for leg room.

I have just retired and a Season Ticket holder at Orient but have time to watch other games. Apart from in the away end, I've sat in the Main Stand, looks like O or P area, which didn't give much leg room I seem to remember. As the Alf Ramsey and Bobby Robson ones are more recent, would they be best?

Thanks

hallamblue

Re: Leg Room?

Post by hallamblue » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:32 pm

Stay out of the Cobbold stand . It’s the oldest stand and has sod all leg room even for “Mr average”, so definitely not a 6ft 4ins guy. Try and get a seat in Sit Bobby Robson upper ( if you want to actually sit at the game … if you don’t mind standing go lower stand . Best atmosphere tends to be in SBR stand … Sir Alf is a library but will have leg room … go upper for best view .
Hope that helps … 👍

Frating

Post by Frating » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:48 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:32 pm
Stay out of the Cobbold stand . It’s the oldest stand and has sod all leg room even for “Mr average”, so definitely not a 6ft 4ins guy. Try and get a seat in Sit Bobby Robson upper ( if you want to actually sit at the game … if you don’t mind standing go lower stand . Best atmosphere tends to be in SBR stand … Sir Alf is a library but will have leg room … go upper for best view .
Hope that helps … 👍
They let you stand at home games? That's me sorted them, SBR lower it is then. Is it the whole of stand that stands?

Frating

Post by Frating » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:49 pm

Frating wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:48 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Hope that helps … 👍
They let you stand at home games? That's me sorted then,SBR lower it is.
Is it the whole of stand that stands?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:38 am

Believe those housed in the away section suffer more joint restrictions than our own fans could attest to. Don't get to attend many fixtures there unfortunately, I think certain numbers of the fanbase that go week in week out take it for granted or overlook the privilege that many others are unable.

The stadium is all seater but areas seem neglected or in need of repair. A revamp is planned for some time in the future although at what stage they'll begin, implement or finalize ideas is open to question.

Best bet for further information is to seek answers on TWTD or check out a designated webpage for English stadium guides. Hope this helped you out.

Frating

Post by Frating » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:21 pm

Thanks everyone

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:51 pm

Dont be getting legless at Half time, Frates! 👍

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:44 pm

Frating wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:48 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Hope that helps … 👍
They let you stand at home games? That's me sorted them, SBR lower it is then. Is it the whole of stand that stands?
IF you can get a ticket . Apply early for any games as SBR lower is invariably sold out 👍

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:59 pm

saint jude wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:38 am
Believe those housed in the away section suffer more joint restrictions than our own fans could attest to. Don't get to attend many fixtures there unfortunately, I think certain numbers of the fanbase that go week in week out take it for granted or overlook the privilege that many others are unable.

The stadium is all seater but areas seem neglected or in need of repair. A revamp is planned for some time in the future although at what stage they'll begin, implement or finalize ideas is open to question.

Best bet for further information is to seek answers on TWTD or check out a designated webpage for English stadium guides. Hope this helped you out.
If you understand that well done Frating :lol:

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:26 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:59 pm
saint jude wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:38 am

If you understand that well done Frating :lol:
Not wishing to be confrontational, but I understood every word of it. FFS, it's written in English, why wouldn't anybody reading an English website understand it?