Some interesting Stats re Bakinson

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Some interesting Stats re Bakinson

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:17 am

He is improving there’s no doubt , and these stats indicate he’s probably worth signing in the summer - IF the club feel they can improve his “ ability” to lose the ball so easily and frequently . This for me is the only issue I have with his game .

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/82-1- ... basis/amp/

Anyway , thought you guys might like to run your eye over this .

Tangfastic

Re: Some interesting Stats re Bakinson

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:43 am

No offence regarding the stats - but I think they can be misleading. What’s the gut reaction?

He’s does some good things - but after doing something good, he then gives the ball away. Just seems he lacks concentration. My main criticism is he bottles too often out of 50/50’s. I’ve seen him pull out of tackles a few times. He has got ability. One game recently he created two very good chances for Norwood and Bonne to miss. And had a very good shot palmed away. Those pieces of class could have made the difference. But it’s all a bit hit or miss.

Look at our concerns when Morsy isn’t available. If we’re going to sign a midfielder, get one that could be some kind of replacement for Morsy. That’s the first priority. If we do that, have we got space in the squad for Bakinson? Not sure. I think he’s better than Carroll, Harper and El Mizouni at the moment - but I don’t think that’s enough to sign him.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:06 pm

I think he has some quality but, for me, he is not brave enough. Intestinal fortitude is an absolute requirement in this league and I don't think he has it.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:28 pm

I think his stats match my thoughts about him tbh. Brilliant one minute, but giving the ball away unbelievably cheaply moments later. If our coaches could iron this out of his game ….or maybe it’s something that’ll improve with age and experience , then he’s an excellent prospect. Id definitely look to sign him above that of Thomas, who I see as no better than Clements, Penny or KVY.

As regards to a Morsy type of MF, I think we already have one at the Club, albeit a much younger player, and that’s El Mizouni .