Sone Aluko

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

mendipblue

Sone Aluko

Post by mendipblue » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:49 pm

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... ko-8759888. One question, if he thinks so highly of him why does he not start more?
Personally I think he is a excellent player in this Division and should play more.

shabba

Re: Sone Aluko

Post by shabba » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:28 pm

He isn't young, and we have him, Celina and Chaplin fighting for 1 or 2 positions each week. You could make a strong case that any of them should be playing.

Love Aluko, but I feel its good we can rotate these options, keeps them all on the boil and fresh/fit.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:04 pm

Agree, what is he 33. No more midweek games, for me he should start every game now. Passing, quick feet, skillful and experienced. He and Celina should be ripping this League apart.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:42 pm

He doesn't seem to feature enough. Hasn't been with us that long but all the same feel should have started more games than he has. Needs more opportunity but seems edged out by other options we possess in that area of the field.

Way I see it every game from here until end of season is pivotal. Point being McKenna will select names that he deems reliable or have done a job up until now. The need for goals is imperative with games remaining but somehow feel Aluko doesn't quite fit into plans.

Some have given up on Bonne, Norwood is too hit and miss (more the latter) while Pigott is another who often seems surplus. That leaves Chaplin and Jackson to promote ideas and even then they're far from prolific.

Best guess here we've at least got a number of attacking options, McKenna should or can rotate names as he sees fit but how many Aluko starts or his collective time of involvement is open to question.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:08 pm

Not sure what the recruitment plan was - but did we really need all of Celina, Aluko and Chaplin? We even brought in Barry and Fraser who could also play 10. And yet if Morsy isn’t available, we’re scratching around looking for cover. I think we got a bit greedy in one area of the pitch and forgot the engine room.

I really like Aluko and Chaplin and Celina has grown on me to the point I want him in the starting line-up. I’d even try Aluko as a deep CM. I think he’s just as good defensively as Bakinson and Carroll and has that extra bit of magic in the final third.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:30 pm

The imbalance in the squad was just another Cook masterclass

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:47 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:04 pm
Agree, what is he 33. No more midweek games, for me he should start every game now. Passing, quick feet, skillful and experienced. He and Celina should be ripping this League apart.
But then Chaplin is left out, and he has well out-scored Celina and Aluko.....

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:30 pm

Very valid point - but I feel as we are lacking goals we shouldn’t remove the top scoring 10 out of the team.

It’s certainly not an easy one to figure out for KMC though, nice options to have! Aluko really does hold the ball well and you can see he has played at a higher level.
When I’ve seen him live he always looks a class act.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:06 am

I'd pick Celina and Aluko over Chaplin every day of the week.

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:18 pm

I just like rubbing my Reading Fan friends face in it every time he has a good game! She laughed so much when we got him and its biting her in the arse big time now!!!! 😂😂😂😂

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:23 pm

Aluko is REALLY skillful and his class shines through…tell her !! :lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:01 am

rossi wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:06 am
I'd pick Celina and Aluko over Chaplin every day of the week.

It certainly worked well for us today especially in the first half when we were awesome. I’d add Burns to the mix too and say Celina, Aluko and Burns should start. In fact I’d probably take today’s line up as the best starting 11 we have at the moment.