Our squad next season.....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

mendipblue

Re: Our squad next season.....

Post by mendipblue » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:18 pm

Of course it was supposed to be a joke....oh my, there is a distinct lack of humour on here. I think i will post just on Saturday's or when Town are playing from now on.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:31 pm

No, there's plenty of humour on here, sadly some have a different idea of what constitutes humour, for me Peadophilia isn't many peoples idea of it.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:02 pm

With all due respect it was a play on words. How was I supposed to know the guy lives in the Philippines and there is alledged issues out there. I was talking about a pair of trunks....come on jeeez.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:19 am

AzzurroMark wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:55 am
Tangfastic wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:33 am
Blue Wilf wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:55 am
We would be crazy to ship out Burns. He has been player of the season by a distance for me. Yes, he has been frozen out at times and occasionally inconsistent but if that is the criteria then the whole squad and manager himself would be on the out list! We need to work out how to utilise him better and prevent those games where he has less impact. Not sure where we would find a better winger in division 3 so to suggest we get rid would frankly be a poor choice in my opinion. Still - if McKenna decides to do that then he must have some serious players willing to drop all the way down here! Lets see.
I think Rossi must be on his own on that one. Burns has been great along with Donacien down that right-hand side. They've been the season highlights, for me, playing some great stuff down that wing. If we want to free up Burns then we have to get stronger in other areas of the pitch. Hardly his fault that we're so much stronger down that right-side and the opposition target him. It's really a compliment to him and illustrates where we need to improve.
Agreed. If we strengthened our left side (and even through the middle) it would certainly give opposition teams more to contend with! As an opposition manager you look to see where a teams threats & weaknesses are and set up to nullify/exploit these. Virtually every single Ipswich fan can see we offer little down the left, so it is not hard to work out how to cut off our supply lines. Sadly most players who are nigh on impossible to freeze out play at the very highest level. I believe Burns would still give many Championship defences problems.

As a slight aside, i wonder if playing Aluko as more of a left sided player would help? I am sure in one of our games, Sone was played there (maybe for only part of the game) and, along with Burns on the right, caused the other team lots of problems. Or am i imagining things? :?
You’re not imagining anything at all Mark. Only last Saturday at Shrewsbury Aluko switched to the left in the second half and was about to be joined by Celina until the Bugess sending off which scuppered McKenna’s plans. I thought we looked much better balanced when he switched across because until that happened we were heavily lop sided.

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:26 am

mendipblue wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:18 pm
Of course it was supposed to be a joke....oh my, there is a distinct lack of humour on here. I think i will post just on Saturday's or when Town are playing from now on.
Except it's far from being a joke. A few years ago, one of my young Filipino nephews was groomed by a paedo out there, and it went on for quite a few months until I was out there visiting, found out what was going on, found the perpetrator, and - errmmm - had a few words with him. But my young nephew is still psychologically scarred from that experience. So maybe you can see that you hit a raw nerve with me.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:32 pm

rossi wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:26 am
mendipblue wrote:
Except it's far from being a joke. A few years ago, one of my young Filipino nephews was groomed by a paedo out there, and it went on for quite a few months until I was out there visiting, found out what was going on, found the perpetrator, and - errmmm - had a few words with him. But my young nephew is still psychologically scarred from that experience. So maybe you can see that you hit a raw nerve with me.
I understand your point, but I was making a joke not having a go at you personally. Hope you understand my point.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:50 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:32 pm
rossi wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:26 am
mendipblue wrote:
I understand your point, but I was making a joke not having a go at you personally. Hope you understand my point.
Yep, I think so. You think it's funny to make a joke concerning paedophiles, I don't. End of conversation I think.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:06 pm

Just to bring this back on track:

If salarysport.com is believed to be accurate then next season we might have some good cash to spend on wages for new players:

- Celina 20k (sounds high but I would assume we are either paying part of this OR full amount and no loan fee)
- Piggott 8k (if he can be offloaded/loaned)
- Norwood 8k
- Bonne 8k
- Carroll 5k
- Nolan 4k
- Holy 4k
- Thompson ?

So that's upto 50k+ per week! I suspect the squad may be a little lighter in numbers for next season compared to start of this one, maybe just below what it is now.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:33 pm

shabba wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:06 pm

If salarysport.com is believed to be accurate then next season we might have some good cash to spend on wages for new players:

- Celina 20k (sounds high but I would assume we are either paying part of this OR full amount and no loan fee)
- Norwood 8k
- Bonne 8k
- Carroll 5k
- Nolan 4k
- Holy 4k
- Thompson ?

So that's upto 50k+ per week! I suspect the squad may be a little lighter in numbers for next season compared to start of this one, maybe just below what it is now.
Thompson, no need for question mark the answer is crap. Nolan no longer here, the rest get rid and get them off the wage bill.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:02 pm

Ah I meant a question mark over his wages (what amount we are contributing).

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:24 pm

shabba wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:02 pm
I Knew that I was being obvious 👍
Last edited by mendipblue on Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:50 am

mendipblue wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:24 pm
shabba wrote:
I new that I was being obvious 👍
well, it's pretty obvious that you can't spell :lol: :lol: :lol:

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:33 pm

rossi wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:50 am
mendipblue wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:24 pm
shabba wrote:
I Knew that I was being obvious 👍
well, it's pretty obvious that you can't spell :lol: :lol: :lol:
Note to self leave spell check ON!! :roll:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:49 am

Come on, Mendip……. Blaming spellcheck is old. Think of a knew excuse, dude. :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:21 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:49 am
Come on, Mendip……. Blaming spellcheck is old. Think of a knew excuse, dude. :D
:lol:

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:58 pm

Gents, as we are on the subject of spellcheck, I think you will find it is 'new', not 'knew' lol

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:53 am

Dazzz67 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:58 pm
Gents, as we are on the subject of spellcheck, I think you will find it is 'new', not 'knew' lol
:lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:01 am

I think that was the point of the joke lol

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:55 am

shabba wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:06 pm

- Norwood 8k
- Bonne 8k
- Carroll 5k
- Nolan 4k
- Holy 4k
- Thompson ?

Taken from the EADT:

IPSWICH TOWN CONTRACTS  

*Known 12-month extension option.  

LOANS  

Thompson, Bakinson, Celina, Bonne.  

Holy (on loan at Port Vale), Kenlock* (on loan at Colchester), Clements* (on loan at Stevenage), McGavin* (on loan at King’s Lynn), Carroll, Jackson, Norwood*, Simpson*.  

Vincent-Young*, Donacien*, Ndaba* (on loan at Salford), Penney*, Dobra* (on loan at Colchester), Baggott*, Aluko, Morris (on loan at GAIS)

Walton*, Hladky, Woolfenden*, Burgess*, Burns, Edwards*, Morsy, Evans, Harper* (on loan at Crewe), El Mizouni*, Chaplin, Pigott.  

Edmundson. 

To bring in players in - Ashton has got to do a lot of work to offload players on contracts. We've got players like KVY, Penney, Dobra, Harper, El Mizouni, Pigott, Hladky, Edwards who are on contracts and are unlikely to take us forward. Maybe some will surprise us or be useful back-ups, but there seems a lot of bodies to clear. Is someone like Pigott willing to take a big salary cut to play elsewhere when he's got 2 years left on his contract? I think this window could still be a busy one for Ashton, although not as crazy as last years.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:24 pm

I definitely think Edwards still has much to offer while El Mizouni may be worth keeping, the rest could be an issue for sure.

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:37 pm

As I’ve said a few posts up there is likely 50k a week available just by releasing players who are out of contract and moving Piggot on. You would need to spend that on four replacements though (LWB, two strikers and a number ten).

Also I suspect we might get some transfer fee in via a sell on if Flynn downs moves on as is expected. That could be 2m or so.