Mark Ashton speaking to TWTD

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Steve and Jo

Mark Ashton speaking to TWTD

Post by Steve and Jo » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:28 pm

I'm not over sure why some people give Mark a hard time. I do get he maybe comes across sometimes like blowing his own trumpet but in the main he does sound like he really cares about Ipswich.

When you think back to the moaning and groaning and quite rightly so about Marcus Evans and people he had working for him who lets be honest, were a total nightmare.

Not saying Mark is perfect but who is? Would say Ipswich seem to be heading up in the right direction and he's the first to admit it's not all because of him, far from it, but he is one of the main spokes in the wheel and thankful for all of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJhEgP81sRA

Tangfastic

Re: Mark Ashton speaking to TWTD

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:16 pm

I thought Mike would have commented by now but he's probably upstairs with a box of Kleenex having a w*nk over this video.

Only joking, sorry Mike.. Ashers in a t-shirt and letting his trimmed beard grow out a little makes him more of a person to have a beer with. Hes growing on me.looking forward to the video.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:48 pm

I've just watched it and I was not sure about Ashton in the beginning but he seems the real deal and we are lucky to have him, I'm now very impressed and there is only one direction Town are going and that's up.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:53 pm

What he just said ^^^^^^^

100% behind Mark Ashton now as I personally feel totally relaxed about him finally and that I can “ trust” him …. 👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:39 am

Tangfastic wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:16 pm
I thought Mike would have commented by now but he's probably upstairs with a box of Kleenex having a w*nk over this video.

Only joking, sorry Mike.. Ashers in a t-shirt and letting his trimmed beard grow out a little makes him more of a person to have a beer with. Hes growing on me.looking forward to the video.
Lol, that's kinda put me right off him !!! Joking aside, not seen it yet but from what I've read etc its all very promising and exciting stuff, I'm sure one day I'll probably be proved wrong but at this moment I'm very impressed with Ashton and like what's going on, this club is moving forward for the first time in years and while the owners have the final say and stump up the cash its mostly down to Ashton and his vision, long may it continue.