League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Building for next season?

Shrewsbury Win
0
No votes
Ipswich Win
8
53%
Draw
7
47%
 
Total votes: 15

hallamblue
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:38 pm

See my edit above Andy

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 15270
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:42 pm

I’ll look in a mo, trying not to take my eye off the game. Donacien another having a good game today.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 15270
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:43 pm

Even the ref has been kind to us today.

hallamblue
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:44 pm

Here we go …. c*ck up time from us YET AGAIN.

It’s pathetic

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 15270
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:44 pm

Changes look good.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 2005
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:44 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:40 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:12 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:47 am
Stay positive for the negative tests, Charnwood. 👍

Hopefully all travelling to Shropshire are in for an entertaining afternoon. I do like that area of England, passed through there a few times.

Heading to the wart on the face of humanity today that is Tynecastle Park. First time in 5 years. Looking forward to the game and of course the banter. Not positive at all but won’t ruin the overwhelming sense of positivity amongst others. 🤦‍♂️
1-0 to Hearts I fear Marko, but if you can score like Town a draw is possible.

Good start for your boys Marko, 👍
Hmm looking at the latest score there, might be worth hitting "delete" on that post!

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 25643
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:44 pm

What the hell was Burgess doing

hallamblue
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:47 pm

Suffolk radio … “ Can we hold on”…. Doesn’t that say EVERYTHING about bloody Town … it’s criminal the way we play games out . Trying to be so bloody cocky in possession and not actually going for a second goal . Every f**king game !!!

Edit : and get that f**king head case Norwood off and Bonne on
Last edited by hallamblue on Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 15270
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:47 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:44 pm
What the hell was Burgess doing
That was bloody shocking, so much for the positive changes we were about to make, what was he thinking.

Kerry Blue
Posts: 1458
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:07 pm
Location: Listowel Co Kerry

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:47 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:44 pm
What the hell was Burgess doing
Don't worry Mike, Thompson is on what could go wrong 🤔
Last edited by Kerry Blue on Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 15270
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:48 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:47 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:44 pm
What the hell was Burgess doing
Don't worry Mike Thompson is on what could go wrong 🤔
Who’s Mike Thompson

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 15270
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:49 pm

We’ve been so solid at the back too.

Even worse he’ll miss the Rotherham game .... that was clever.

BlueBalls
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by BlueBalls » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:49 pm

:mrgreen:

hallamblue
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:53 pm

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC !!!!!!!!!!

BlueBalls
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by BlueBalls » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:53 pm

Ffs!!

BlueBalls
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by BlueBalls » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:54 pm

And thats why we are destined to remain a league 1 team.
Last edited by BlueBalls on Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hallamblue
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:54 pm

We are frankly , UNPROFESSIONAL in our approach every game it’s the same .

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 25643
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:55 pm

Couldn't stop that, just a worldy strike

mendipblue
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by mendipblue » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:55 pm

Utter rubbish.

BlueBalls
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by BlueBalls » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:56 pm

Perhaps if we had 11 men we couldve stopped it happening.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 25643
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:58 pm

Maybe but some of the knee jerk response is all a bit OTT for me.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 15270
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:58 pm

Burgess has cost us this win, so unnecessary.

Our back three were brilliant until the sending off.

BlueBalls
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by BlueBalls » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:58 pm

Lucky not to be down to 9!

hallamblue
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:05 pm

Not so bloody cocky on the ball now are we . Utter tossas of a performance - YET AGAIN. Passing it around, taking the p*ss of the opposition frankly , and yet again unable to get the second goal to put the game to bed . Why? Because we’re not even looking for it !!! How many shots on goal did we even LOOK for in that 2nd half? I’m f**king fuming with this same old sh*t every bloody game ….

Tangfastic
Posts: 4462
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:14 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:58 pm
Burgess has cost us this win, so unnecessary.

Our back three were brilliant until the sending off.
Why? The lad struck it beautifully. Nothing to do with Burgess. Obvious second yellow.... but getting a bit bored of dominating games and coming away with less than 3 points. Its simple, we should have put rhe game out of reach.

From our point of view, why are we tryingto score the perfect goal every time. Do we need 15 passes to walk the ball in when the opposition can hit one or score from a set-piece.

If we want to get promoted..... can we learn a few lessons from this division.

User avatar
Steve and Jo
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:27 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:58 pm
Maybe but some of the knee jerk response is all a bit OTT for me.
Isn't it just? totally going overboard.

Totally understand we should of scored more. That is our Achilles heel, it really is. Yes Burgess was totally reckless and hopefully learn but give some credit to there scorer. Wonder how many goals he'll score like that, not many.
The points we have dropped though is alarming. Being the better team, playing better that the opposition means very little if not scoring and finishing games off. Been mentioned before for other past games, when did we score a scruffy goal? When was last time scored from a corner? Not concerned with our defence or way we play in general. What does concern me big time is lack of goals.

User avatar
ashfordblue
Posts: 2670
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: Ashford Kent / was Felixstowe

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:30 pm

Nobel Yeats wins the National 50-1

Also, :x that's defo our season over now as for Burgess the Twonk, still, we have Matt Penny in reserve for the LB slot, or Thompson :shock: roll on the end of the season now to rebuild for 22/23
Last edited by ashfordblue on Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hallamblue
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:38 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:27 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:58 pm
Maybe but some of the knee jerk response is all a bit OTT for me.
Isn't it just? totally going overboard.

Totally understand we should of scored more. That is our Achilles heel, it really is. Yes Burgess was totally reckless and hopefully learn but give some credit to there scorer. Wonder how many goals he'll score like that, not many.
The points we have dropped though is alarming. Being the better team, playing better that the opposition means very little if not scoring and finishing games off. Been mentioned before for other past games, when did we score a scruffy goal? When was last time scored from a corner? Not concerned with our defence or way we play in general. What does concern me big time is lack of goals.
My point is simple . We are not LOOKING to get shots off and run the game . All we do is pass it around like we’re bloody Barcelona. It’s frankly disrespectful to opponents at this level . We do this every game so it’s neither knee jerk nor OTT .

Possession ( in either half of the pitch ) doesn’t win games , GOALS do !

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 15270
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:48 pm

Tangfastic wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:14 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:58 pm
Burgess has cost us this win, so unnecessary.

Our back three were brilliant until the sending off.
Why? The lad struck it beautifully. Nothing to do with Burgess. Obvious second yellow.... but getting a bit bored of dominating games and coming away with less than 3 points. Its simple, we should have put rhe game out of reach.

From our point of view, why are we tryingto score the perfect goal every time. Do we need 15 passes to walk the ball in when the opposition can hit one or score from a set-piece.

If we want to get promoted..... can we learn a few lessons from this division.

It has everything to do with Burgess, had he not got himself sent off Thompson wouldn’t have been defending the high ball which he could only get the weakest of headers on straight into the path of Shaun Whalley the goal scorer. Had Burgess still been on the pitch he would have cleared his lines just as he and Woolfie had done all afternoon. I’ve not seen the highlights yet but I’m sure they will reflect my comments.
I’m not sure why Penny didn’t take Burgess’s place and leave Thompson wide as he was far too small to play the role Burgess had played all afternoon.
This game was everything but won until the sending off. ☹️

User avatar
ashfordblue
Posts: 2670
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:52 pm
Location: Ashford Kent / was Felixstowe

Re: League 1 - Shrewsbury Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:49 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:38 pm
Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:27 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:58 pm
Maybe but some of the knee jerk response is all a bit OTT for me.
Isn't it just? totally going overboard.

Totally understand we should of scored more. That is our Achilles heel, it really is. Yes Burgess was totally reckless and hopefully learn but give some credit to there scorer. Wonder how many goals he'll score like that, not many.
The points we have dropped though is alarming. Being the better team, playing better that the opposition means very little if not scoring and finishing games off. Been mentioned before for other past games, when did we score a scruffy goal? When was last time scored from a corner? Not concerned with our defence or way we play in general. What does concern me big time is lack of goals.
My point is simple . We are not LOOKING to get shots off and run the game . All we do is pass it around like we’re bloody Barcelona. It’s frankly disrespectful to opponents at this level . We do this every game so it’s neither knee jerk nor OTT .

Possession ( in either half of the pitch ) doesn’t win games , GOALS do !
Bloody right Liz still say we should give Simson a runout, all very fine KM saying he wants to have a strong finish, well KM a Fooking draw against Shrewsbury isn't finishing strongly, so swallow your bloody pride KM and play Simpson

Post Reply