League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

How will final match play out?

Ipswich Win
100%
Charlton Win
No votes
Draw
No votes

Total votes: 9

Kerry Blue

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:52 pm

Steve and Jo wrote: โ†‘
Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:46 pm
Baggot seems very calm for a youngster. Like to see him come on and establish himself next season
I think he will go out on loan, great prospect.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:56 pm

What a goal that would have been

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:17 pm

Super finish from Norwood but what a ball from young Humphreys

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:22 pm

Really is a shame for Norwood, maybe combination of injuries and off the field problems but really wish him well. Never stopped trying

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:23 pm

Nice to see Norwood and KMc hugging, Great display best of the season.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:24 pm

Nice way to end season ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ™Œ

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:36 pm

Fairytale endings @ next seasons Fortress Portman Road. Excellent, comprehensive 4-0 thumping of Charlton and Norwood on the scoresheet......, fantastic stuff.

Over to Kieron & Co for their summer duties ......, make it a promotion winning summers worth of dealings. Get Ipswich Town FC out of this shitty, depressing league.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:40 pm

And to add; Sheff Weds v Sunderland play off semi final. They do not come bigger than that. Not sure who Ipswich would favour to go through in that one. For me, hopefully Sunderland can win promotion.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:17 pm

We outplayed both of them so if we get the recruitment right it won't matter.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:19 pm

Bluemike wrote: โ†‘
Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:17 pm
Super finish from Norwood but what a ball from young Humphreys
Said exactly the same thing to the person next to me regarding that pass from Humphreys. Perfectly weighted pass the sort that we could have done with more this season.

osborne77

Post by osborne77 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:01 pm

I just wanted to add my thanks to Mike and Frosty and all of the regular contributors who make this site such a great read. For those who don't get to games it's really helpful to get first hand opinions and unfiltered observations from quite a wide variety of viewpoints.

Long wait for the next season now but really optimistic, firstly for a great transfer window and then a really solid start to 2022-23 that also involves some of the youngsters. Someone who can reliably finish and a bit more steel and who knows what we could achieve next year.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:45 pm

just wanted to add my thanks to Mike and Frosty and all of the regular contributors who make this site such a great read. For those who don't get to games it's really helpful to get first hand opinions and unfiltered observations from quite a wide variety of viewpoints.

Well said and I'll second that, great site very well run ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:27 pm

Kerry Blue wrote: โ†‘
Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:45 pm
just wanted to add my thanks to Mike and Frosty and all of the regular contributors who make this site such a great read. For those who don't get to games it's really helpful to get first hand opinions and unfiltered observations from quite a wide variety of viewpoints.

Well said and I'll second that, great site very well run ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Thirded. This site keeps me up to speed with all Townโ€™s struggles and brief moments of joy from my home in Hร  Nแป™i, Vietnam. The siteโ€™s has a good balance of opinions and humour and has got the atmosphere right - thatโ€™s not an easy thing to achieve so well done and thank you very much mods and everyone on here. Enjoy the summer guys - Iโ€™ll be making my annual pilgrimage to the UK to see family and get a pint or two of real beer!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun May 01, 2022 2:35 am

Was good to end on a comprehensive win but the disappointment our season amounted to nothing, add to it another year in this lousy damn League, remains tangible.

Finishing outside the Top Ten and after all the activities last summer and what could be/s, whether you incline to agree or disagree we just haven't met with expectation. Can't put much fault on McKenna's shoulders, damage had been inflicted before coming in.

26,000 is a mighty fine attendance although keep in mind the occasion. Just too bad we can't fill out like that more often.

Took a midfield player by nature to be the teams leading scorer over a season so make of it what you will. Norwood got a goal, but that doesn't make it so. Has a few admirers maybe but never really took to him while with us.

As a last, hope fans took a moment during action today to honor Alf Ramsey on the anniversary of his passing. Would like to think our players - and fans - acknowledged this ahead of time and put on something of a show.