Play offs

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

Re: Play offs

Post by number 9 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:59 pm

Just read Nottingham Forest have made a record breaking signing for Awoniyi! Really am happy Forest are back in the Prem! Hopefully they’ll survive. Also just read Bale is off to LAFC!…what a waste!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Play offs

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:28 am

I would like to see Forest do well too, Awoniyi certainly looks to be a good signing especially if he can transfer his Bundesliga goal scoring record to the Premier League, 15 goals in 31 appearances last season in Germany’s top flight takes some doing. Interesting that Liverpool pocket £1.7m of the transfer fee having sold him to Union Berlin in July 2021 for just £6.5m.

As for Gareth Bale I really thought he would end his career in Wales most likely with Cardiff City, but then if I had to choose between living in Cardiff or the Los Angeles sunshine, it wouldn’t be a difficult decision, or maybe he did agree to sign for Cardiff until they offered to send a plane for him. Oooops, maybe that was a bit below the belt. 😮