Play offs

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

User avatar
JohnnyB
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 am

Play offs

Post by JohnnyB » Sat May 07, 2022 5:56 am

Oh but we were there!

In the meantime, logic is turned on it’s head again as stubborn little Wycombe take a 2-0 lead to the stylish MK Dons. Sunderland 1-0 over Wednesday- could go either way that one.

It’s kind of league 1 in microcosm - dirt and grit often wins out over skill and style. A problem for McK to solve next year: how does he build a side to compete physically as well as skilfully?

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 2005
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Play offs

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat May 07, 2022 8:32 am

Indeed League 1 in a nutshell, also combined with the play off lottery!
MKDons conceding less than a single goal per game on average over the normal season and Wycombe a team who we just pulled apart at their place!
In the other game, I would have expected a narrow Sunderland win, with the Owls edging the two legs at Hillsborough.
While a trip to Wembley in a final is an exciting affair, I would much rather Ipswich win automatic promotion next season.

User avatar
JohnnyB
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 am

Re: Play offs

Post by JohnnyB » Sat May 07, 2022 11:23 am

Either way would be ok, but for sure it’d be lovely to cruise the season in the top two!

If MK don’t make it, wonder if we’d have any chance of enticing Scott Twine to Portman Road?

User avatar
JohnnyB
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 am

Re: Play offs

Post by JohnnyB » Sat May 07, 2022 11:30 am

My research says, nah no chance. That boy’s heading up a league, at least

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 21070
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Play offs

Post by marko69 » Sat May 07, 2022 2:13 pm

Not side tracking away from L1 play off chat, (well….. i am, but to save starting a new thread)……, talk about Middlesborough letting their fans down. Clear chance to sneak into play-offs…… and ok, both Sheff Utd & Luton winning…… but to go to Preston and be annihilated in such a big game deserves a manager sacking. How those players couldn’t be “UP” for that game is beyond belief.

And re Sheff Utd? Should be a legal enquiry into corruption surrounding the bookmaker world and Fulham fielding a Kindergarten team. Didn’t have bet on thankfully but that is completely out of order.

Back to L1.
Moley Neil to promote Sunderland. They win 2-0 @ Hillsborough and pump Wycombe at Wembley…….. and then go close next season for EPL promo.

Something in this Easter Road coffee.

mendipblue
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm

Re: Play offs

Post by mendipblue » Sun May 08, 2022 9:51 am

Watching both play off games what struck me was how poor the football was. How did these sides finish where they did if they play like that.....staggering.

User avatar
JohnnyB
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 am

Re: Play offs

Post by JohnnyB » Sun May 08, 2022 11:09 am

mendipblue wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 9:51 am
Watching both play off games what struck me was how poor the football was. How did these sides finish where they did if they play like that.....staggering.
See above. Easy to conclude that league 1 is 80% brawn and 20% brain. Nothing we can do about it, we’ve got to compete on a physical level if we want to get out of the division next year.

I’m not quite sure how Dozzell did with QPR this year, but I think he did better than with Town in L1, the championship may be a better fit for his skills. Might explain Tom Carroll’s failure to perform at this level too. He’s got premiership pedigree but failed to show in L1.

Happily I think most of the first team can assert themselves physically. But a few ugly if skilled additions might be wise.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 15277
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Play offs

Post by Charnwood » Sun May 08, 2022 6:34 pm

I think Sunderland with shut up shop at Hillsborough and go through to the final with a 0-0 draw and then win 1-0 at Wembley in a boring final. At least that would get one big club out of the way for next season.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 5846
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Play offs

Post by goldandblack » Sun May 08, 2022 9:02 pm

So the question is. would you Town fans want automatic promotion or a play off final day at Wembley.
imaging 40,000 Town fans at Wembley, ( as long as you win of course) memories to last for years and especially for the younger fans,

personally i would go for automatic everyday, although our trip to the Cardiff Millennium stadium was something special a few years back.

User avatar
BLUEBLOOD
Posts: 2532
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:43 pm

Re: Play offs

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Mon May 09, 2022 8:40 am

Was at Wembley for 2000 final , Up on the Train then into the Pub with all the atmosphere then the walk to the ground from the Tube .
PLAYOFF Final all the time ( as long as you win it) cannot beat it .
PARTY PARTY PARTY.....

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 21070
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Play offs

Post by marko69 » Mon May 09, 2022 12:16 pm

Experienced both play-off loss (twice) & auto promo. Auto better.
But yep, a final would be great if its won (like 2000)

Definitely looking for automatic promotion with both Wigan & Rotherham fighting for survival above.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 5846
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Play offs

Post by goldandblack » Mon May 09, 2022 2:47 pm

BLUEBLOOD wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 8:40 am
Was at Wembley for 2000 final , Up on the Train then into the Pub with all the atmosphere then the walk to the ground from the Tube .
PLAYOFF Final all the time ( as long as you win it) cannot beat it .
PARTY PARTY PARTY.....
yeah if you win you remember every minute of the day, after a long season slog its the icing on the cake,and as i said its great for the younger Town fans like Hallam,Lucy and Mike to have the memories you have Blue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix0KjrSSs_I

always remember the Wolves fans lining the streets before the match for the team coach, when they see Sir Jack in his Bentley behind the coach it took him 4 hours to get to the ground with the fans wanting to shake his hand, sure the late Rachael Heyhoe-Flint RIP, was in the motor that day., think he went round 3 or 4 times to milk it :lol: even better was that loser Warnock was the oppo manager, :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84SOJMU9xIc

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 21070
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Play offs

Post by marko69 » Mon May 09, 2022 10:13 pm

Party bus back to Soonderland from Sheffield. 120 mile long bounce.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 5846
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Play offs

Post by goldandblack » Mon May 09, 2022 10:19 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:13 pm
Party bus back to Soonderland from Sheffield. 120 mile long bounce.
would have been a great final between two big clubs, both are Championship or higher clubs, Think they are playing the mighty Wycombe Wanderers, :lol:

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 21070
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Play offs

Post by marko69 » Mon May 09, 2022 10:55 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:19 pm
marko69 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:13 pm
Party bus back to Soonderland from Sheffield. 120 mile long bounce.
would have been a great final between two big clubs, both are Championship or higher clubs, Think they are playing the mighty Wycombe Wanderers, :lol:
Well, got to be the Black Cats heading back to the Championship. Pretty sure the Mole will have too much experience to be outdone by hairdo bloke. (FK, that guy needs a haircut). Sunderland being out of the way can only be a good thing for Ipswich Town.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 5846
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Play offs

Post by goldandblack » Mon May 09, 2022 11:03 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:55 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:19 pm
marko69 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:13 pm
Party bus back to Soonderland from Sheffield. 120 mile long bounce.
would have been a great final between two big clubs, both are Championship or higher clubs, Think they are playing the mighty Wycombe Wanderers, :lol:
Well, got to be the Black Cats heading back to the Championship. Pretty sure the Mole will have too much experience to be outdone by hairdo bloke. (FK, that guy needs a haircut). Sunderland being out of the way can only be a good thing for Ipswich Town.
yeah hope so, Sunderland have been a good example of why its best not getting stuck in that Div for to long, you now have Derby County joining the fray next season, fingers crossed you get out of it as quick as possible, ,

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 21070
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Play offs

Post by marko69 » Mon May 09, 2022 11:14 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:03 pm
yeah hope so, Sunderland have been a good example of why its best not getting stuck in that Div for to long, you now have Derby County joining the fray next season, fingers crossed you get out of it as quick as possible, ,
Ipswich
Sheff Wed
Derby
Portsmouth
Bolton
Posh
Barnsley
Wycombe (Hopefully)
Oxford
Plymouth

Not going to be easy ....., big summer ahead for KMcK......, made slightly more difficult if Sunderland fail.

Dazzz67
Posts: 1100
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:36 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: Play offs

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon May 09, 2022 11:16 pm

With at least 3 teams promoted in L2 all in the South West it gives me a few more chances to get to see an away game, if Swindon make it too would be good.

Got a feeling Wycombe will clinch it, prefer it if Sunderland went up but have a feeling the underdog will make it.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 5846
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Play offs

Post by goldandblack » Mon May 09, 2022 11:30 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:14 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:03 pm
yeah hope so, Sunderland have been a good example of why its best not getting stuck in that Div for to long, you now have Derby County joining the fray next season, fingers crossed you get out of it as quick as possible, ,
Ipswich
Sheff Wed
Derby
Portsmouth
Bolton
Posh
Barnsley
Wycombe (Hopefully)
Oxford
Plymouth

Not going to be easy ....., big summer ahead for KMcK......, made slightly more difficult if Sunderland fail.

Some Big clubs in that list mate, all of them been their and got the t shirt, as you say its not going to be easy ,
Ipswich
Sheff Wed
Derby
Portsmouth
Bolton

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 21070
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Play offs

Post by marko69 » Mon May 09, 2022 11:46 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:30 pm
marko69 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:14 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:03 pm
yeah hope so, Sunderland have been a good example of why its best not getting stuck in that Div for to long, you now have Derby County joining the fray next season, fingers crossed you get out of it as quick as possible, ,
Ipswich
Sheff Wed
Derby
Portsmouth
Bolton
Posh
Barnsley
Wycombe (Hopefully)
Oxford
Plymouth

Not going to be easy ....., big summer ahead for KMcK......, made slightly more difficult if Sunderland fail.

Some Big clubs in that list mate, all of them been their and got the t shirt, as you say its not going to be easy ,
Ipswich
Sheff Wed
Derby
Portsmouth
Bolton
Yes, they were all in Division One in the Panini sticker days. :D

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 5846
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Play offs

Post by goldandblack » Tue May 10, 2022 9:04 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:46 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:30 pm
marko69 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:14 pm


Ipswich
Sheff Wed
Derby
Portsmouth
Bolton
Posh
Barnsley
Wycombe (Hopefully)
Oxford
Plymouth

Not going to be easy ....., big summer ahead for KMcK......, made slightly more difficult if Sunderland fail.

Some Big clubs in that list mate, all of them been their and got the t shirt, as you say its not going to be easy ,
Ipswich
Sheff Wed
Derby
Portsmouth
Bolton
Yes, they were all in Division One in the Panini sticker days. :D
I never did save them,

Image

Panini stickers over 60 years, from humble origins and swaps at school to a Maradona card that sold for £400,000

Image

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4880
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Play offs

Post by Andym » Tue May 10, 2022 10:24 pm

Time to restart the big Club debate.
If we say these are big clubs…but we say we must get out of this sh*t league…. Isn’t that a contradiction? If we’re are in a league with 7 or 8 big clubs, how is that a sh*t league?

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 5846
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Play offs

Post by goldandblack » Tue May 10, 2022 11:06 pm

Andym wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:24 pm
Time to restart the big Club debate.
If we say these are big clubs…but we say we must get out of this sh*t league…. Isn’t that a contradiction? If we’re are in a league with 7 or 8 big clubs, how is that a sh*t league?
to be honest Andy I've never looked on any league as a sh*t league? but these so called Big in history clubs should be in the Championship with the consistent crowds they attract, I enjoyed the days we had in Div 1, no trouble getting tickets home or away. meeting fans from obscure clubs who are the proper fans in my eyes,
if anything id put the Premier as the biggest crap league out of all of them, the whole set up is a farce and brinckers on fraud and blood money. not for me,

PS, Wasn't the Big Club another thread Andy , this is the play offs and Panini thread, :lol: :lol:

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: Play offs

Post by rossi » Wed May 11, 2022 8:20 am

Andym wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:24 pm
Time to restart the big Club debate.
If we say these are big clubs…but we say we must get out of this sh*t league…. Isn’t that a contradiction? If we’re are in a league with 7 or 8 big clubs, how is that a sh*t league?
Well, just look at the facts. This is our third season in this league, we gained more points this season than we did in either of the previous 2, but finished in the lowest position. That tells me that there is a massive gap between clubs at the top (perceived big clubs) and clubs at the bottom. So I think a sh!t league is a pretty good description. Also, the need to play physical hoofball to get out of this league rather than trying to play pure football (which is what you advocate) is obvious. It's not rocket science to work out why the play-off SFs were won by the teams that finished 5th and 6th. It's not a good league, it's not a half decent league, it's not even an average league: it's a sh!t league, and it breaks my heart that we're going into a 4th season in it and seemingly not able to find a way out of it.

User avatar
Ricco
Posts: 2174
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Play offs

Post by Ricco » Wed May 11, 2022 9:07 am

Ah the big club conversation! Good stuff!

Lots of big clubs, but I think Town will still be considered 2nd or 3rd biggest club in the division next year. We've had a few years prep and run up that clubs often require to readjust mentality and push back up. The club also has new funding, new infrastructure and new optimism (though we've had the latter a few times before!), so while promotion should never be expected, I hope we can look forward to a slightly better season.

BlueBalls
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: Play offs

Post by BlueBalls » Wed May 11, 2022 3:24 pm

The league is the league. No point labelling it good, bad or sh1t.

We haven't done what was needed for 3 seasons to get out of it. That's not the leagues fault.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 5846
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Play offs

Post by goldandblack » Wed May 11, 2022 3:45 pm

rossi wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:20 am
Andym wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:24 pm
Time to restart the big Club debate.
If we say these are big clubs…but we say we must get out of this sh*t league…. Isn’t that a contradiction? If we’re are in a league with 7 or 8 big clubs, how is that a sh*t league?
Well, just look at the facts. This is our third season in this league, we gained more points this season than we did in either of the previous 2, but finished in the lowest position. That tells me that there is a massive gap between clubs at the top (perceived big clubs) and clubs at the bottom. So I think a sh!t league is a pretty good description. Also, the need to play physical hoofball to get out of this league rather than trying to play pure football (which is what you advocate) is obvious. It's not rocket science to work out why the play-off SFs were won by the teams that finished 5th and 6th. It's not a good league, it's not a half decent league, it's not even an average league: it's a sh!t league, and it breaks my heart that we're going into a 4th season in it and seemingly not able to find a way out of it.
OK let’s look on it from another angle Rossi.

lets take your local clubs Braintree and Chelmsford for example.
Their fans consider their league crap and would love to swap their crap league with Southend or D & R playing big clubs like
Wrexham,
Stockport
Notts County
Torquay
Barnet

Southend and D & R would love to swap their crap league with Col U, or Leyton Orient and playing big clubs like
Tranmere
Carlisle
Exeter
Swindon
Wallsall

Colchester U and Leyton Orient would love to swap their crap league with Ipswich and playing big clubs like
Ipswich
Sheff Wed
Sunderland
Portsmouth
Bolton
Derby

Ipswich would love to swap their crap league with Norwich and playing big clubs like

Nott’m Forest
Middlesbrough
West Brom
Preston
Blacburn
Sheff U.

West Brom and Brum would love to swap their crap league with Wolves and Villa and playing big clubs like
Man City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Chelsea
Spurs

We are never happy with the position of our clubs and look up which is natural.
All leagues in the pyramid are apparently crap to those fans clubs playing in them,

If Ipswich were bottom of the Championship the att would probably be around 17/18 k. but doing well in the Div 1 it must be over 20k. ?
fans like a bit of success whatever league they find themselves in,
Last edited by goldandblack on Wed May 11, 2022 10:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 5846
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Play offs

Post by goldandblack » Wed May 11, 2022 3:46 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:24 pm
The league is the league. No point labelling it good, bad or sh1t.

We haven't done what was needed for 3 seasons to get out of it. That's not the leagues fault.
Exactly 8)

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: Play offs

Post by rossi » Thu May 12, 2022 8:13 am

goldandblack wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:45 pm
rossi wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:20 am
Andym wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:24 pm
Time to restart the big Club debate.
If we say these are big clubs…but we say we must get out of this sh*t league…. Isn’t that a contradiction? If we’re are in a league with 7 or 8 big clubs, how is that a sh*t league?
Well, just look at the facts. This is our third season in this league, we gained more points this season than we did in either of the previous 2, but finished in the lowest position. That tells me that there is a massive gap between clubs at the top (perceived big clubs) and clubs at the bottom. So I think a sh!t league is a pretty good description. Also, the need to play physical hoofball to get out of this league rather than trying to play pure football (which is what you advocate) is obvious. It's not rocket science to work out why the play-off SFs were won by the teams that finished 5th and 6th. It's not a good league, it's not a half decent league, it's not even an average league: it's a sh!t league, and it breaks my heart that we're going into a 4th season in it and seemingly not able to find a way out of it.
OK let’s look on it from another angle Rossi.

lets take your local clubs Braintree and Chelmsford for example.
Their fans consider their league crap and would love to swap their crap league with Southend or D & R playing big clubs like
Wrexham,
Stockport
Notts County
Torquay
Barnet

Southend and D & R would love to swap their crap league with Col U, or Leyton Orient and playing big clubs like
Tranmere
Carlisle
Exeter
Swindon
Wallsall

Colchester U and Leyton Orient would love to swap their crap league with Ipswich and playing big clubs like
Ipswich
Sheff Wed
Sunderland
Portsmouth
Bolton
Derby

Ipswich would love to swap their crap league with Norwich and playing big clubs like

Nott’m Forest
Middlesbrough
West Brom
Preston
Blacburn
Sheff U.

West Brom and Brum would love to swap their crap league with Wolves and Villa and playing big clubs like
Man City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Chelsea
Spurs

We are never happy with the position of our clubs and look up which is natural.
All leagues in the pyramid are apparently crap to those fans clubs playing in them,

If Ipswich were bottom of the Championship the att would probably be around 17/18 k. but doing well in the Div 1 it must be over 20k. ?
fans like a bit of success whatever league they find themselves in,
Yes, but this thread is not about the nature of a human being (which is broadly never to be happy to stand still but always to strive for more), rather it's about the quality of football and competition in a particular league.
If you are seriously trying to tell me that fans of clubs in the Championship and Premier leagues consider those leagues to be crap, then I'm sorry but I just don't buy it. Apples need to be compared to apples, not pears.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 5846
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Play offs

Post by goldandblack » Thu May 12, 2022 2:55 pm

rossi wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:13 am
goldandblack wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:45 pm
rossi wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:20 am


Well, just look at the facts. This is our third season in this league, we gained more points this season than we did in either of the previous 2, but finished in the lowest position. That tells me that there is a massive gap between clubs at the top (perceived big clubs) and clubs at the bottom. So I think a sh!t league is a pretty good description. Also, the need to play physical hoofball to get out of this league rather than trying to play pure football (which is what you advocate) is obvious. It's not rocket science to work out why the play-off SFs were won by the teams that finished 5th and 6th. It's not a good league, it's not a half decent league, it's not even an average league: it's a sh!t league, and it breaks my heart that we're going into a 4th season in it and seemingly not able to find a way out of it.
OK let’s look on it from another angle Rossi.

lets take your local clubs Braintree and Chelmsford for example.
Their fans consider their league crap and would love to swap their crap league with Southend or D & R playing big clubs like
Wrexham,
Stockport
Notts County
Torquay
Barnet

Southend and D & R would love to swap their crap league with Col U, or Leyton Orient and playing big clubs like
Tranmere
Carlisle
Exeter
Swindon
Wallsall

Colchester U and Leyton Orient would love to swap their crap league with Ipswich and playing big clubs like
Ipswich
Sheff Wed
Sunderland
Portsmouth
Bolton
Derby

Ipswich would love to swap their crap league with Norwich and playing big clubs like

Nott’m Forest
Middlesbrough
West Brom
Preston
Blacburn
Sheff U.

West Brom and Brum would love to swap their crap league with Wolves and Villa and playing big clubs like
Man City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Chelsea
Spurs

We are never happy with the position of our clubs and look up which is natural.
All leagues in the pyramid are apparently crap to those fans clubs playing in them,

If Ipswich were bottom of the Championship the att would probably be around 17/18 k. but doing well in the Div 1 it must be over 20k. ?
fans like a bit of success whatever league they find themselves in,
Yes, but this thread is not about the nature of a human being (which is broadly never to be happy to stand still but always to strive for more), rather it's about the quality of football and competition in a particular league.
If you are seriously trying to tell me that fans of clubs in the Championship and Premier leagues consider those leagues to be crap, then I'm sorry but I just don't buy it. Apples need to be compared to apples, not pears.
hear what your saying Rossi, But actually it is about human beings talking, its a fans forum talking about their football team and others, you say its about the quality of football, well its the clubs level isn't it,

My club are now playing in a league designed for a max of 6 clubs, the likes of Leicester will never be allowed to win it again, VAR was introduced to make certain of that, thats why in my view its a crap league, why compete in a competition that finishing 7th is a major achievement.
Our match last night v City showed the difference, we have an outfield squad of18, sometimes we have 2 GK subs on bench, City's bench is worth 3 times the Wolves Sqaud,

My point is all leagues are crap looking down but decent leagues when looking up.

So answer this Rossi, do you look on the Championship as a crap league, Yes or No, Premier clubs fans certainly think its a crap league hence calling it the Chump League.

Anyway that's just a fans look on it, the big decision is, shall i have an Apple or pear yum yum. :wink:

Post Reply