Rumors' & Transfers - Summer 2022

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Rumors' & Transfers - Summer 2022

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:03 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:39 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:32 am
shabba wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:20 am
To be fair it’s not about the money, very few footballers actually quit because they have enough money / they would do it for a 10th of the wage - they just do it for the love of the game and the high wages are just an added benefit.
I’ve heard he is talking to Club Bruge in Belgium. ‘Champions league’ club ;)
They've refused the option to sign him due to his injury record
Injury record? Was he injured when he was here then? Wasn’t aware he’s had that much if a problem for a young player ( here or Bristol).

I’m not too bothered tbh . I think that QPR midfielder will be better . I bet the lad is owed off having to go back to Bristol . Poor sod
Carroll is always injured yes.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:10 am

Sorry have I misunderstood this … I thought it was about Bakinson ? I know Carroll wasn’t up to much … :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:38 am

I'd deffo have Bakinson back.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:54 pm

We don’t need Bakinson, I think ball will be an upgrade and Bakinson wasn’t any better than evans. He was ‘fine’ but we just don’t need any more numbers in that position.
I’d rather see KMC work on Humphrey’s than bring Bakinson in.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:05 pm

Twine has gone to Burnley, seems around £4m plus.

Fair enough really, good move for all.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:55 pm

Cornell ( gk) has gone to Preston . So still in the championship…. Walton is far better in my view .

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:55 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:38 am
I think I’m in the same camp as you Mike. I didn’t rate him early on simply because he gave away too much possession, but as the season went on and his confidence grew so did his stature and he had plenty to offer especially going forward. If the price is right he’s definitely worthy of consideration and at least we know what we’re getting.

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:53 am

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:55 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:38 am
I think I’m in the same camp as you Mike. I didn’t rate him early on simply because he gave away too much possession, but as the season went on and his confidence grew so did his stature and he had plenty to offer especially going forward. If the price is right he’s definitely worthy of consideration and at least we know what we’re getting.
Let's be careful here.
Last season we had a squad which most people (including KM) considered to be too large.
I see Ball as a direct replacement for Bakinson, and we certainly do not need any more midfielders.
We only really need 2 further additions - somebody who can create chances from the left hand side, and somebody who can stick chances away. Actually that's what we need more than anything, a proven 20+ goal per season man - none of our current striker options have ever achieved that in their careers and that's not going to be good enough for us in the coming season.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:51 am

Carroll has gone though and El Mizouni looks likely to follow suit, I also expect Harper to he surplus to requirements so another body would probably be needed especially as Morsy will be suspended for a dozen games and Evans probably injured. I believe Bakinson can play right side of defence too so with Burns possibly world Cup bound Bakinson could be a useful and versatile asset.

Out of interest who have we got in Midfield now, Morsy, Evans, Ball, Humphreys, struggling with the rest tbh, been so much going on.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:44 am

..and then there's the small issue of Celina . Is he coming back or not. He said he wanted too. But of course he could be too expensive for us for this league ...

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:18 am

Would rather have Bakinson tbh.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:42 pm

Agree with Rossi's first point there.

IMO we need 4 in CM, and only 2 will start.

- Morsey
- Ball
- Evans
- Humphreys/Harper

Those will probably be the rotating ones for starts depending on the game plan, then you have Humphreys who you want to be getting some minutes when possible.

I just don't see why we would then need Bakinson on top of those 4? We also haven't even talked about Harper - cannot see us easily off-loading him unless its a loan. El Miz will go, thats ok.

I see the number 10 position as more of a area we need to add to, I personally wouldn't be sure if Humphreys or even Harper is going to be used there and if there were they are still weaker options than Aluko and Chaplin, we need 1 more top level number 10 in my view, and they can always drop to CM if needed - meaning even less need for Bakinson.

Sure he was ok, but I think Ball will be better and is the reason we won't move for Bakinson, we don't need 'ok' we need better if we want to aspire to play-off's and beyond.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:53 pm

I tend to agree with Rossi here too (must be a first for me :wink: and I'm sure that works both ways? :) ).
I liked Bakinson as he started to grow within our squad, even getting on the scoresheet. Though I found him frustrating at times with his failure to complete a simple pass. So for me it's a thanks, but no thanks.
I am liking what I have heard about Humphreys, and while he will be up and down form-wise, as many youngsters are, I think he has something different to offer! He has had a lot of praise and put in some decent performances.
Also, we have Edwards as an (admittedly wide) midfield option. I can see Aluko being able to pull strings from there.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:18 am

If Simpson hasn't been moved on or loaned out I would defo give him a runout, might just prove his worth, also I do like Celina when a game starts to flow he can be masterful so hope to see him back again

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:45 am

shabba wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:42 pm
Agree with Rossi's first point there.

IMO we need 4 in CM, and only 2 will start.

- Morsey
- Ball
- Evans
- Humphreys/Harper

Those will probably be the rotating ones for starts depending on the game plan, then you have Humphreys who you want to be getting some minutes when possible.

I just don't see why we would then need Bakinson on top of those 4? We also haven't even talked about Harper - cannot see us easily off-loading him unless its a loan. El Miz will go, thats ok.

I see the number 10 position as more of a area we need to add to, I personally wouldn't be sure if Humphreys or even Harper is going to be used there and if there were they are still weaker options than Aluko and Chaplin, we need 1 more top level number 10 in my view, and they can always drop to CM if needed - meaning even less need for Bakinson.

Sure he was ok, but I think Ball will be better and is the reason we won't move for Bakinson, we don't need 'ok' we need better if we want to aspire to play-off's and beyond.
To be honest I see it the other way, with Aluko, Chaplin, Pigott and the Two new strikers I think we'd be well covered in the Number 10 role, I just don't think over a 46 game season and with injuries and suspensions that 4 Central Midfielders is enough cover, I'm also not convinced Harper will play any part, could be wrong on that though.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:31 am

I can see Harper leaving and El Miz, (although Id like to keep El Miz tbh)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:54 am

Same here, it doesn't leave us with an awful lot, Humphreys will be eased in slowly too, I think we are short, whether its Bakinson or someone else we need One more in my opinion.

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:08 pm

I think our spending is over ..Ashton did pass the comment to someone...HAVE YOU SEEN OUR WAGE BILL !! The investors took a punt and a risk in putting in big capital at the start hoping we go up .it didn't materialise..The money invested isn't theirs its from a pension fund .so has to be used wisely and only so much ..its their job to invest the least responsibly and get back the most ..unfortunately. I don't see a situation even if we do get promoted that huge Amounts of money be thrown at the club which could leave us in championship for years if we lucky...compared to private investors who can take that personal risk and invest heavily in better players to reach the promised land..our players are probably good enough to get us in to championship but that's about it ...pension funds v private funds ..you know who is always going to get ahead..

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:45 pm

I don’t agree, if they have to spend £50m getting us up to the Prem then they can stabilise us as a solid Prem club and sell for 150, 200m plus or such then that’s job done for them.

I still believe all this is small fry for them and the eh are purely working at the limits of the fair play rules. They are investing in the club off field too so there is a long term plan here, suspect they know it’s a 5-10 year project.

Just my thoughts though.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:03 pm

shabba wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:45 pm
I don’t agree, if they have to spend £50m getting us up to the Prem then they can stabilise us as a solid Prem club and sell for 150, 200m plus or such then that’s job done for them.

I still believe all this is small fry for them and the eh are purely working at the limits of the fair play rules. They are investing in the club off field too so there is a long term plan here, suspect they know it’s a 5-10 year project.

Just my thoughts though.
Exactly this.

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:53 pm

No guarantee in that. Budgies .sold one player for 34 million fees on incoming players 65 million. Give or take ..wages over 30 million...did that stabilise them in the Premier ship.let alone guarantee their status...!!!.. you definitely would not sell your club for 150 ..200.million .for that to happen a club needs to be mid table for two to three years. Plus the players taking in to consideration..Will be.practically a new team. And need to gel .and we all know about that word ..GEL LOL. Jst my opinion..hey .I'm an ipswich fan for past 35 years so not trying to be a party poorer .just putting things in to perspective and not trying to get ahead of ourselves

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:16 am

I believe Brentford is valued at 230m, Burnley is 150m.

Also value vs sale can be different, I think Chelsea was valued at 850m but sold for 3bn. You may have to factor in the values may also increase, premier league clubs are a very desirable asset for many.

Agree it won’t be easy and nobody really knows but I’d guess this is their plan. It would be a bigger risk NOT to invest and just hope to get promoted etc

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:22 pm

Denny61 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:53 pm
No guarantee in that. Budgies .sold one player for 34 million fees on incoming players 65 million. Give or take ..wages over 30 million...did that stabilise them in the Premier ship.let alone guarantee their status...!!!.. you definitely would not sell your club for 150 ..200.million .for that to happen a club needs to be mid table for two to three years. Plus the players taking in to consideration..Will be.practically a new team. And need to gel .and we all know about that word ..GEL LOL. Jst my opinion..hey .I'm an ipswich fan for past 35 years so not trying to be a party poorer .just putting things in to perspective and not trying to get ahead of ourselves
It depends on the quality of the player you buy. They bought in a lot of foreign players who were simply out of their depth in the PL . Maybe they couldn’t attract anything else . I don’t think Toen will have that problem .

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:38 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:22 pm
Denny61 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:53 pm
It depends on the quality of the player you buy. They bought in a lot of foreign players who were simply out of their depth in the PL . Maybe they couldn’t attract anything else . I don’t think Toen will have that problem .
Haha - not for a few more years anyway :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:18 pm

It's a bit quiet on here on July 1st?! Surely we'll be hearing some transer news soon, right? :astroll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:39 pm

Nope, apparently we are broke.

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:24 pm

I think we will Have to wait now, likely the final 2-3 targets are harder to get - probably because fee’s are involved, players waiting for other offers and clubs needing to find replacements etc.

Usually filters down from leagues above as they make signings it allows them to let others go etc.
Is the deadline end of august? Wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t sign the last 2-3 until close to that or right on the day. At least we have done some early business and have a squad ready enough to begin the season.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:12 pm

Looks like Bakinson is still on the cards just having to sort out a price that Bristol City wants, and Hladky is still our backup Keeper

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:23 pm

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:04 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:23 pm
Dobra's gone then

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/d ... arts-town/

Looks like to Chesterfield

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... esterfield
Never really quite made the grade. At least he has another opportunity and I wish him well.