Rumors' & Transfers - Summer 2022

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Rumors' & Transfers - Summer 2022

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:45 am

Kerry Blue wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:16 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:07 pm
Kerry Blue wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:24 pm

My uncle (Basil Acres) owned a pet shop in Norwich Road if I remember right he bought the shop next door so he could enlarge it, just wondering is it still there as a pet shop?
I can’t recall a pet shop in norwich Rd tbh. Was it at the Barrack Corner / St Mathews st end on norwich road do you know? NR is a very long road and goes all the way out of town ( clearly all the way to norwich lol !!) but there are shops along the length of thst road right up to Meredith road . But can’t honestly remember a pet shop 🤔… how long ago are we talking about KB?
Well he finished playing 1960 i believe then worked for the club for years but I don't know when he opened the pet shop but it must have been 60s or 70s I would think, I've not been to Ipswich for probably 30 years or more, Sad isn't it 😂 I will have to go to Portman Road before I pop my clogs, can you still get Cobnut Brown ale I wonder🤔.
I wish I hadn't asked I feel so old now.😩
Bloody hell mate, you are bringing it all back to me, when I was a kid growing up we had an off license called Cooks of Halstead on the corner of our road, I used to go over and help clear up the yard with all the crates of bottles and bottle tops etc, my Nanna was always sending me over there to buy her Cobnuts and Mackesons lol, not to mention the big bottles of Corona in various flavours for me, such happy halcyon days before the world went mad.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:02 am

Kerry Blue wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:50 pm
Yes your right Brantham then Town although I was told Aston Villa were interested at one stage, my dad's family were from Brantham and Mums from Manningtree, I don't know if he worked at BXL but most in the area did I believe.
We couldn't get Cobnut where I lived so always looked forward to them before a match I can remember going to see Town play Man City (cup match I think) at the time I had never seen Town lose they lost 0-3 Mike Summerbee scored all three, it was a full house and we were locked out with hundreds of others, still I didn't see them lose😂

Hey KB this could be a thread of its own as it brings back so many memories. The Man City match was a midweek FA Cup 5th Round Replay, Summerbee scored 2 and Mick McNeil scored an own goal. I’d also been to the 1-1 draw at Man City on the Saturday on my first Blue Arrow train excursion which unfortunately got hijacked travelling through Moss Side on the way back and a few broken windows which delayed our journey home. This was the Bill McGarry era pre Bobby Robson but only just.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:48 am

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:02 am
Kerry Blue wrote:
Yes your right Brantham then Town although I was told Aston Villa were interested at one stage, my dad's family were from Brantham and Mums from Manningtree, I don't know if he worked at BXL but most in the area did I believe.
We couldn't get Cobnut where I lived so always looked forward to them before a match I can remember going to see Town play Man City (cup match I think) at the time I had never seen Town lose they lost 0-3 Mike Summerbee scored all three, it was a full house and we were locked out with hundreds of others, still I didn't see them lose😂

Hey KB this could be a thread of its own as it brings back so many memories. The Man City match was a midweek FA Cup 5th Round Replay, Summerbee scored 2 and Mick McNeil scored an own goal. I’d also been to the 1-1 draw at Man City on the Saturday on my first Blue Arrow train excursion which unfortunately got hijacked travelling through Moss Side on the way back and a few broken windows which delayed our journey home. This was the Bill McGarry era pre Bobby Robson but only just.
I was sure it was a Summerbee who scored all three but I see one is put down to an own goal, I'm not so sure🤔 55 years ago Wow time certainly flies.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:36 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:48 am
Charnwood wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:02 am
Kerry Blue wrote:

I was sure it was a Summerbee who scored all three but I see one is put down to an own goal, I'm not so sure🤔 55 years ago Wow time certainly flies.
I was only 16 at the time and I can’t remember either. As hard as I try I can’t remember who our opponents were when I went to my first game in 1959. I can remember where I stood and who I was with but that’s about as good as it gets

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:11 pm

Blues central defender Corrie Ndaba has joined League One Burton Albion on a season-long loan, TWTD having revealed the Brewers’ interest in the 22-year-old earlier this month.

The Dubliner spent last season on loan with Salford in League Two before returning and spending pre-season with the Town first team and signing a new contract which runs to the summer of 2025.

Richard Keogh’s recent recruitment from Blackpool has allowed the Blues to send Ndaba out for another spell during which he will gain further senior experience.
He's a defender that fits the criteria - he will fit in like a house for us," Burton manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink told his club's official website.

“He has a lot of good attributes and we're grateful to Ipswich for allowing us to have him on loan.”

Ndaba added: “I'm delighted to be here, ready to go and I'm excited for the new challenge.

Hopefully it will be a good move for him.

“The main thing is getting games and experience in this league. A few clubs were interested but when I spoke to the gaffer here, it just felt right.

“What he expects from a player and a person corresponds with me as a person - so as I say, I'm really excited for the challenge ahead!”

The former Republic of Ireland U21 call-up could make his debut for the Brewers, who Town beat 1-0 on Tuesday, when they take on Port Vale at home.

We understand Scottish Premiership Kilmarnock and League One Fleetwood also showed interest in the left-sided defender.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:21 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:11 pm
Blues central defender Corrie Ndaba has joined League One Burton Albion on a season-long loan, TWTD having revealed the Brewers’ interest in the 22-year-old earlier this month.

The Dubliner spent last season on loan with Salford in League Two before returning and spending pre-season with the Town first team and signing a new contract which runs to the summer of 2025.

Richard Keogh’s recent recruitment from Blackpool has allowed the Blues to send Ndaba out for another spell during which he will gain further senior experience.
He's a defender that fits the criteria - he will fit in like a house for us," Burton manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink told his club's official website.

“He has a lot of good attributes and we're grateful to Ipswich for allowing us to have him on loan.”

Ndaba added: “I'm delighted to be here, ready to go and I'm excited for the new challenge.

“The main thing is getting games and experience in this league. A few clubs were interested but when I spoke to the gaffer here, it just felt right.

“What he expects from a player and a person corresponds with me as a person - so as I say, I'm really excited for the challenge ahead!”

The former Republic of Ireland U21 call-up could make his debut for the Brewers, who Town beat 1-0 on Tuesday, when they take on Port Vale at home.

We understand Scottish Premiership Kilmarnock and League One Fleetwood also showed interest in the left-sided defender.
I do not understand how he's considered good enough to play for burton in League 1, but not for Ipswich in the same league. It just doesn't make any sense.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:28 pm

Think that move will do him good and chance to see what he can really do at this level, hope it goes well for the lad.

Also just thinking of what KM was saying about any future additions to the squad and may not be another striker/forward. What about another player in the mold of Wes Burns? or does he see KVY as an option as he cam on at Burton. Jackson had a crack but not many in the squad can stand in for Wes and considering the rotation side could be a regular thing, also cover for any injuries. We have Edwards, Davis and Leigh on the left, Chappers, Aluko and Harness as AM's. Once Ball is back we have midfield sorted as is defence with Keogh as an option. Freddie, JJ and Jackson up front and he likes his lone striker so cover everywhere.

Think Harper needs to be loaned out so will make space there.

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:42 pm

rossi wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:21 pm
Kerry Blue wrote:

I do not understand how he's considered good enough to play for burton in League 1, but not for Ipswich in the same league. It just doesn't make any sense.
One is a club hoping to avoid a relegation battle and the other is a club fighting for a automatic promotion spot. Spin it round, what would you say if we signed Burtons striker? He is good enough for them but would he be good enough for us?

There are 3-5 players in the way of Ndaba here, so he will go get some experience at this level playing 30+ games hopefully, which he won't get here.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:00 pm

rossi wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:21 pm
Kerry Blue wrote:

Maybe because Burton will be near the bottom and we'll be near the top.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:01 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:00 pm
Maybe because Burton will be near the bottom and we'll be near the top.
At this stage of the season, Mike, that is pure conjecture :wink:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:02 pm

It is but I worryingly believe it lol

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:05 am

BlueBalls wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:04 pm
It's because we have better options and he'd get zero game time without a loan.
It's true that Edmundson and Burgess are ahead of him in the pecking order - that does not mean, however, that they are 'better options', just more experienced. In terms of playing ability alone, I'd pick Ndaba ahead of these 2 every time.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:07 pm

What are you actually basing that on?

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:07 pm

shabba wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:07 pm
What are you actually basing that on?
Personal observation. From what I have seen, Ndaba is better in the air, better on the ball, and better bringing the ball out of defence than either of the other 2.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:27 pm

Burton tend to be mid table ( or so I thought over recent years). If they are involved in a relegation scrap, well in many respects that’s good education for his game eg when things are not always going so well and you’re not surrounded by better players. The main things is he’s more likely to play a lot more games, which is what he needs, and what he won’t get at Town right now.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:39 pm

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/540510/sim ... sfield/#18

I expect this is rubbish but thought I would post, maybe Simpson would like to play in the Huddersfield under 23s.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:01 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:39 pm
https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/540510/sim ... sfield/#18

I expect this is rubbish but thought I would post, maybe Simpson would like to play in the Huddersfield under 23s.
Ash won’t be a happy bunny.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:45 pm

He’s just to agree personal terms now apparently as Towns fee request been accepted.

Oh the irony then if Huddersfield get relegated and Town get promoted, lol !!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:26 am

All this poncing about over Simpson and it’s for just £500k!!!

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich -town/itfc-agree-tyreece-simpson-fee-with-huddersfield-9224492

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:17 pm

Good business by Town, spoilt, petulant, overrated prima Donna, no bad apples needed in this squad.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:21 pm

£500k isn’t bad for an unwanted player and I suspect a sell on clause will have been inserted in the sale contract too. As Mike says not bad business and a troublesome player off loaded.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:23 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:21 pm
£500k isn’t bad for an unwanted player and I suspect a sell on clause will have been inserted in the sale contract too. As Mike says not bad business and a troublesome player off loaded.
Exactly!

Most of the focus would be on the sell on I suspect, i.e which club bends the most on that aspect. Just look at Downes - that worked out ok for the club in the end as we got a decnet bit of money. Asthon is no mug.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:19 pm

We’re making the assumption he’ll go on to better things. As Mike says , yet another petulant, prima Dona.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:25 pm

Does anyone know when the transfer window actually closes? Thank you

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:26 pm

1st September I think I read somewhere hun.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:55 pm

Just taken from Wiki;

The window for clubs in England to do business closes at 11pm BST on September 1, 2022.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:01 pm

Does anyone know if there are any exceptions for loan deals beyond this deadline ? I thought there was but can’t find any reference to it anywhere.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:20 pm

Rekeem Harper joins Exeter City on loan for the season. Suspect that’s the last we see of him. Good luck , but unfortunately not good enough for Town now.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... er-on-loan

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:37 pm

Good news, absolute pants

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:37 pm

So, who do we reckon is left to leave ( either on loan or sold)?

I’m thinking
Humphrey’s / loan
Penney loan/ sale

Looking at the squad , there’s really not much fat to trim or dead wood to offload now 🤷‍♀️.

I can see a striker and a scoring midfielder to come in now. We only have Morsy/Evans/Ball as senior midfielders now (unless I’ve forgotten someone. Unless we promote Humphrey’s to the senior pool of players we have to bring in someone else in midfield.

What do others think?