Rumors' & Transfers - Summer 2022

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Rumors' & Transfers - Summer 2022

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:55 am

rossi wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:53 am
My prediction - Baggot will have a wonderful season at Gillingham and make such a name for himself that this time next year there will be a plethora of bigger clubs after him and he will decide he wants to join a club that is actually interested in him.
Obviously hoping the guy excels at the Gills but my goodness, that is a prediction and a half.
Has the lad played a few games for Ipswich and indeed shown masses of promise to generate that prediction?
Genuinely asking, ——>> finger been off the pulse past 8 months.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:56 am

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:18 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:09 am
You can't have a recall clause on a season long loan.
Can have in January
Players on a season-long loan can be recalled by parent clubs in the January transfer window but only if the two clubs have agreed a recall clause in advance. A loan deal can be cancelled at any time in the season if both clubs concerned agree.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:17 am

marko69 wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:55 am
rossi wrote:
My prediction - Baggot will have a wonderful season at Gillingham and make such a name for himself that this time next year there will be a plethora of bigger clubs after him and he will decide he wants to join a club that is actually interested in him.
Obviously hoping the guy excels at the Gills but my goodness, that is a prediction and a half.
Has the lad played a few games for Ipswich and indeed shown masses of promise to generate that prediction?
All I can say is that from what I have seen of him, he's already better than Edmundson and Burgess (which, to be fair, isn't all that difficult). And yet some people on this board are saying that he's only 4th choice. My answer to that is he shouldn't be - doesn't matter that he's only 19 - if he's good enough he's old enough

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:16 pm

Sorry but how anyone saw him in those two games and bright he was better than Edmundson is beyond me, but hey it’s football and everyone is welcome to their opinion.

I do think Edmundson is the one most at risk in the current back three but just look at how we started leaking a few more goals when he got injured, it wasn’t killing us but I’m sure we let a few more in.

Also there is no way Baggot would go to league 2 and impress enough to get high level attention from champ and above etc, unless he starts doing messi style runs out from the back etc. Ndaba was salfords player of the season in l2 and I’ve not heard anyone trying to sign him. Someone who creates or scores goals might catch the eye more but it’s harder for defenders.

Anyway good luck to him, good move for all. Give Ndaba a chance and if he doesn’t work out let’s bring Baggott in for his turn next season, makes sense given their ages, experience and contracts.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:47 pm

shabba wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:16 pm
Sorry but how anyone saw him in those two games and bright he was better than Edmundson is beyond me, but hey it’s football and everyone is welcome to their opinion.

I do think Edmundson is the one most at risk in the current back three but just look at how we started leaking a few more goals when he got injured, it wasn’t killing us but I’m sure we let a few more in.

Also there is no way Baggot would go to league 2 and impress enough to get high level attention from champ and above etc, unless he starts doing messi style runs out from the back etc. Ndaba was salfords player of the season in l2 and I’ve not heard anyone trying to sign him. Someone who creates or scores goals might catch the eye more but it’s harder for defenders.

Anyway good luck to him, good move for all. Give Ndaba a chance and if he doesn’t work out let’s bring Baggott in for his turn next season, makes sense given their ages, experience and contracts.

Do you mean that who plays and who doesn't should be decided by those 3 criteria - age, experience, and contract length?
That's exactly what's wrong with this club atm

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:30 pm

rossi wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:47 pm
shabba wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:16 pm

Do you mean that who plays and who doesn't should be decided by those 3 criteria - age, experience, and contract length?
That's exactly what's wrong with this club atm
I don't think that's what wrong with the club at all.
Age, experience and contract length all play there part in different scenarios at any club.
All that's happened in this case is that McKenna has made a decision as manager to let Baggott go to a L2 club to get regular football and to improve different parts of his game. McKenna has assessed him and doesn't think he is ready and feels the loan move will improve him.
Loads of top level players have benefited from a loan move at early stages of their career, some multiple ?
As MM used to say if he is good enough to make it at Ipswich then he will need stand out at Gillingham otherwise forget it. Also Harris is a really decent coach that will improve him with competitive football. The same thing that many top level clubs used to loan their youngsters to Ipswich as they had a first class coach in MM and TC who top clubs trusted with their young players ?

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:21 pm

That covers alot so I don't need to add much more.

Baggot is younger than Ndaba and has a longer contract, and alot less first team experience. Nbada I believe is on the last year of his deal, so its best to see if he can make the grade and give him a new deal if he does, I doubt he would sign a new deal now and then want to go on loan again - so the clubs only other choice is to let him rot and leave on a free - which makes no sense.

If we were a mid table side by all means bring them both in and play, but we need promotion ASAP and I just cannot see how anyone watching Baggot for 2 games, where he was decent but not standout, would make you want to push him straight in as a first choice for a side trying to get promoted.

As above, I trust KM - the guy is very smart and knows better than us fans that's for sure. Remember we see 10% of what those inside the club see.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:11 pm

So on that basis then why are people always going on about kids being in the squad ? Surely Humphreys isn't good enough or ready for the first team either ? And yet there's been talk of him forcing his way into the picture, ship him out for experience then. I think Baggott should be here and part of the squad, I remember Rooney as a kid bursting onto the scene at Everton, all this age and experience nonsense is just that, nonsense, if your good enough your old enough, I Mean League one is a pretty low level, Surely you can gain the necessary experience at this level.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:16 pm

I can see both sides to this argument and am swayed by each. However, KM is the man in the hot seat and it is he who will be judged and lauded or fired based on those decisions. Management is tough which is why he gets paid to take that risk. From what I have seen of KM so far, I think we have to trust his judgement. In reality, that is all we can do... lets hope he really does know better than all of us amateurs!

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:00 am

Blue Wilf wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:16 pm
I can see both sides to this argument and am swayed by each. However, KM is the man in the hot seat and it is he who will be judged and lauded or fired based on those decisions. Management is tough which is why he gets paid to take that risk. From what I have seen of KM so far, I think we have to trust his judgement. In reality, that is all we can do... lets hope he really does know better than all of us amateurs!
Actually, according to some sentiments he's really lucky to have been given the chance to manage a club at this level. given that he is young and has no management experience :astroll: :astroll:

But yes, under 3 weeks to the start of the season now, so not long to wait until we start to find out more about him as a manager.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:11 am

Hopefully we'll have the season I am expecting us to have, I rate KM very highly and am expecting us to go up tbh, I just think he's got this particular decision wrong.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:00 pm

rossi wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:17 am
marko69 wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:55 am
rossi wrote:
All I can say is that from what I have seen of him, he's already better than Edmundson and Burgess (which, to be fair, isn't all that difficult). And yet some people on this board are saying that he's only 4th choice. My answer to that is he shouldn't be - doesn't matter that he's only 19 - if he's good enough he's old enough
Yes, tend to agree on that last sentence there…….., Michael Owen springs to mind for both club & country.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:03 pm

Maybe its just a minor irritating trait with ex Manchester United staff?
King C**T comes in, offloads Rhodes.
(Hand on heart, can’t even remember Elkan being in a game so 🤷‍♂️) …… but KMcK comes in (and ok, doesnt offload as such) …., but doesnt want him near Portman Road for whatever reason.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:12 pm

Have to admit I haven't seen the lad play, but I'd have to assume KM has seen a lot more of Baggot than any of us. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there has been some kind of agreement with Gillingham for a return clause if necessary.

True-as someone said-KM is brand new at this management thing, but conversely he's got loads of experience working with youngsters. I can only hope like many, that he makes the right decisions for the squad because we really need to get promoted (No9 stating the obvious! :lol: )!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:23 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:12 pm
Have to admit I haven't seen the lad play, but I'd have to assume KM has seen a lot more of Baggot than any of us. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there has been some kind of agreement with Gillingham for a return clause if necessary.
Is there a return Clause around late December?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:33 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:23 pm
number 9 wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:12 pm
Is there a return Clause around late December?
:lol: Very nice!...You've still got it Marko!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:38 pm

Someone needs to boot him in the sack!! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:41 pm

Can he empty the sack first please?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:45 pm

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... tt-9136122

Would this be good? I haven't been impressed with him to be honest, but I know he struggled with personal issues.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:12 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:45 pm
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... tt-9136122

Would this be good? I haven't been impressed with him to be honest, but I know he struggled with personal issues.
YES. Great move. He is one that I have witnessed on occasion thru the £10 match day thing........., another with a decent YouTube reel but he's mince. Had waaaaaaay too many chances.

Off to Pompey, Pigz......., ta ta

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:48 pm

I'm glad he's going too tbh, it may well work out for him there but am hoping for better here.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:00 pm

If he does go good luck to the lad, but who else has a feeling he will score against us next season and be in form.

Id personally give him a run, concentrate on ditching Simpson as he does not want to be here.

Thats unless we have someone else we are going for.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:12 pm

Dazzz67 wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:00 pm
If he does go good luck to the lad, but who else has a feeling he will score against us next season and be in form.

Id personally give him a run, concentrate on ditching Simpson as he does not want to be here.

Thats unless we have someone else we are going for.
He’s had plenty of runs Dazza. I don’t think we can afford to wait for him to find form anymore. The clock is ticking, let’s get out of this league!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:14 pm

Good luck to him at Pompey. It is only a loan so he can’t play against us snd he’s still our player. But suspect that’s the last we’ll see if him in a Town shirt. Too much going on for him personally last season poor sod and he never settled. But he’s scored goals for fun at this level in a poorer side than Town’s, so I can see him “ clicking” at some point this coming season .

Question is have we just handed s promotion rival a good striker to get th into that top 6 at our our expense? I hope the powers that be at Town have thought this through from every conceivable angle because I’d hate this to bite us in the as*!

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:52 am

The game that sticks in my mind is Oxford away when he came on as a sub and was woeful - slow, no first touch and generally awful. He has had several chances and just did not take them. I always hoped he would come good but we can't afford to wait forever...

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:16 am

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:14 pm
Question is have we just handed s promotion rival a good striker to get th into that top 6 at our our expense? I hope the powers that be at Town have thought this through from every conceivable angle because I’d hate this to bite us in the as*!
To answer the bold part ———>> No.

Think if RECENT mediocre strikers (past 6 years) left ITFC and excelled elsewhere, that’d be a negative towards ITFC. Apart from David McGoldrick (who you have to assume exaggerated his injuries) , no one has gone on to better themselves.
If Lester goes on to thrive at Pompey, top 5 scorer etc……. Then serious questions would be asked of Ipswich Town.

He won’t though. He’s pish.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:34 am

Based on what we as fans of ITFC have seen it is 100% the correct decision, he was garbage and tbh everyone has adversity and loss in life but you carry on doing your job, I find that a bit of a weak excuse tbh, for a week or Two maybe but not an entire season.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:04 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:34 am
Based on what we as fans of ITFC have seen it is 100% the correct decision, he was garbage and tbh everyone has adversity and loss in life but you carry on doing your job, I find that a bit of a weak excuse tbh, for a week or Two maybe but not an entire season.
Well all I shall say is it took me 3 years to “ deal “ with my mums death . Everyone is different of course. But I think “ a couple of weeks “, post death of your dad when you’ve just moved to a new job is a bit much to ask even for the most stoic of nature.

It’ll be interesting to see how he does, and he if he does come good , he’s still our player .

Ps anyone else sick n tired of reading “ Downes this, Downes that “ in the bloody EADT . What’s with the Downes Love-in by the local press?
The scrawny little spoilt brat soon chucked his toys out of the pram and downed tools when we wouldn’t sell him for peanuts to Palace. I’m sick of the sight of his face in the local rag tbh.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:13 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:04 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Well all I shall say is it took me 3 years to “ deal “ with my mums death . Everyone is different of course. But I think “ a couple of weeks “, post death of your dad when you’ve just moved to a new job is a bit much to ask even for the most stoic of nature.

It’ll be interesting to see how he does, and he if he does come good , he’s still our player .

Ps anyone else sick n tired of reading “ Downes this, Downes that “ in the bloody EADT . What’s with the Downes Love-in by the local press?
The scrawny little spoilt brat soon chucked his toys out of the pram and downed tools when we wouldn’t sell him for peanuts to Palace. I’m sick of the sight of his face in the local rag tbh.
I think you have a case of the Downes Syndrome… :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:36 am

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:04 pm
Bluemike wrote:

Liz, to this day I haven't got over losing my mum and she died 12 years ago, I don't think I ever will, the point I'm making is I think its a bit of an excuse to put his crap performances down to his loss over a prolonged period, the butcher, Baker and candlestick maker all sadly have to get on with life and their jobs no matter how hard that may be, of course I sympathise with the lad but sadly he was just pretty crap for us.