Rumors' & Transfers - Summer 2022

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Re: Rumors' & Transfers - Summer 2022

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:42 pm

Dazzz67 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:47 pm
think the answer Hallam is versatilty lol. Think we need as many people who are capable of scoring in case of injuries or formation changes, players all over the field who can score when given a chance.

One thing I have been thinking about is do we have any real set piece takers?
Well unless any of the new boys can take a decent dead ball kick I’d say, no!

The other thing we were really poor with last season was getting defenders on the end of corners when we had corners . Absolute pants at it . There was never an expectation that we might score a goal from one of our corners .

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:38 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:50 pm
We’ll agree to disagree. I just believe when you have a player who is so glaringly obviously better than the rest, he’ll stick out in both a positive & negative way. More so negative in a sh*te team.

So you’re all perhaps correct. Arguably going to be a predominately sh*te team (in terms of champ class) ——>> maybe best to offload.
As a fan, it’d certainly get on my tits reading Bersant being slated every week. Fk that sh*t.
Truth is though Marko - he isn't glaringly better than the rest. He creates good things periodically but give me him or Burns or him or Morsy and Burns/Morsy win every time as they so it more regularly.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:16 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:38 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:50 pm
We’ll agree to disagree. I just believe when you have a player who is so glaringly obviously better than the rest, he’ll stick out in both a positive & negative way. More so negative in a sh*te team.

So you’re all perhaps correct. Arguably going to be a predominately sh*te team (in terms of champ class) ——>> maybe best to offload.
As a fan, it’d certainly get on my tits reading Bersant being slated every week. Fk that sh*t.
Truth is though Marko - he isn't glaringly better than the rest. He creates good things periodically but give me him or Burns or him or Morsy and Burns/Morsy win every time as they so it more regularly.
Well, all about perception......, but he looked the ITFC playmaker any time I watched. Like something great could happen if others were on the same hymn sheet. He was Ipswich Towns Martin Boyle imo......., a vision better than anyone else BUT, (huge BUT) when things go wrong, they're lambasted. Happens all the time. Telling you, better players around him and he's an asset. And IF KMcK is building the promo squad', (no one knows yet), then he'd maybe be seen in a different light by some of the fanbase. There really isn't anything worse than a clear talent being ridiculed. The "FFS Boyle" people should've had their season tickets removed and banned for life! :D

It's not really that great an issue to me whether he stays or not......., just got to hope that the first 5 games in the new season let us all see that KMcK really is the man for the job. He's GOT to be the one after all this time.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:09 am

Different subject but no Edward’s this weekend? Is he injured? I know he featured against Needham.

Hope he doesn’t leave as would like to see what KMC can do with him. It’s brilliant having a manager who is an excellent coach and can improve players!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:22 am

A minor knock and wasn't quite ready for weekend according to KM but nothing serious.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:03 am

Ah good info - thanks

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:04 pm

An insight from KM as to where we sees Harness fitting in.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... ss-9151086

I think this is very positive reading for anyone unsure of our latest signing. I personally liked what I recall seeing of him last season against us, and I will stick my neck out and say I see him becoming a key figure this coming season.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:44 pm

I agree Mark, we killed them 4-0 at their place and I can deffo recall him playing and pretty much being the only pompey player to catch my eye. I too am very pleased with this signing, Cowley clearly rates him and had it not been the last year of his contract there is probably zero chance they would have moved him on, 12 goals and 7 assists is very impressive, certainly better than Celina anyhow.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:33 pm

From the Pompey forum…

“I may be barking up the wrong tree but I have a theory Hirst worked well with Harness and possibly told Ipswich they should sign him to set up his goals, before he signs for them ? Watch this space Harness/Hirst double act”

Hope so. If so, I think we’re set up and ready to go.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:45 pm

Also Johnny looks like Pompey are signing Bishop if things turn out to be real, thats another forward to their books and possibly narrows things down. Also not sure how much they want for Hirst, surely he will not be that cheap, this could be pricing teams out, maybe reason Pompey have gone for him instead........

George Hirst earns £11,000 per week, £572,000 per year playing for Leicester as a ST. George Hirst's net worth is £1,990,560. George Hirst is 22 years old and was born in England. His current contract expires June 30, 2023.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:51 pm

kind of pleased if not relief Pigott and Norwood are no longer at the club. OK Pigott is maybe only away for a year but Puskas and Di Stefano you were not, just leaves room to bring in a name or two that proves to be a 'little' more competent in front of goal.

The player from Portsmouth we got, read a news item and his goals to games ratio is disappointing to say the least. That's not to say he can't be a success here but may be pushing expectation a little. Baggott gone on loan also, not sure when the deadline for deals expires before a new season but guessing there's room for one or two futher additions / departures to be done before new season is underway.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:43 pm

Deadline is 1st sept so a long while away yet

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:31 am

shabba wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:43 pm
Deadline is 1st sept so a long while away yet
Well yes it is, but that's not the answer. How many seasons have we got people in just before or just after the season started and then get fed the same old crap that they need time to gel? It's up to the club to get the aquad in place as early as possible, and certainly no later than a week before the opening game. Otherwise, we will be 'waiting for players to gel' once again and before you know it 10 games will have gone and we'll have around 9 points.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:00 am

Unfortunately I dont think theres a lot the Club can do, if the player we are after is being kept hold of until they are sure they want to let him go. I doubt theres a an issue nowadays with transfer fees. Id say in some ways its a good sign . because Itll mean we are looking at higher level players . Not the ones that have done the rounds or that no one else wants.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:28 pm

TWTD understands former Blues loanee Bersant Celina is close to joining Turkish side Kasımpaşa on loan from parent club Dijon with an option to buy.

Town have been in talks with Celina, who could complete his move to the Süper Lig club as soon as today, regarding his return to Portman Road for a third spell - also a loan with a view to a permanent switch - for much of the summer with the player understood to be keen on the switch but with no agreement reached.

The Blues signed Marcus Harness, who can operate in similar roles to Celina, on Friday and although it was believed Town were still keen on the Kosovan international, it’s understood no further contact was made following the addition of Harness.

As revealed last week, Stoke looked to be the 25-year-old’s destination until his work permit situation caused the proposed switch to collapse.

In addition to Kasımpaşa, another Turkish club Antalyaspor also held talks and earlier in the summer Preston were keen but their interest is understood to have cooled and would anyway have been impacted by the work permit issue.

Dijon remain in French Ligue 2 and have needed Celina, who has another two years left on his contract, off their wage bill for the season ahead with the one-time Swansea man not having joined them for the start of pre-season.

Celina spent last season on loan at Town having previously been with the Blues during 2017/18 while a Manchester City player and is very much a fans' favourite at Portman Road.
Money must talk to sign for a little known Club who by all accounts play in front of less than 2k spectators, nice to have ambition. That said I'm pleased this can finally be put to bed and wish him well.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:30 pm

Bersant is off to some Turkish club, all the best to him and we can now move on.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:53 pm

Yes I’m waiting to hear if we’ve got this Leeds player and Hirst … those two through the door were all set to go I think .

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:58 pm

Would love Hirst but tbh not sure i want the guy from Leeds, I really liked the look of Greg Leigh at LB and hope to see him in the team, with Penney as cover im not sure we need anyone else there.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:04 pm

It looks like Celina is signing for a Turkish side that finished 11th last season they have an average crowds of 2,500 he will notice the difference 😂😂, I just hope Mike won't be to upset 🤔

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:28 pm

Yep - hopefully the Celina saga is behind us and we can move on. Thank you but it wasn't to be.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:33 pm

Says on twtd by done poster there that this Turkish dude has an average attendance if just 1,300-1,500 fans. Bloody hell I hope the pay is good , coz he’s not gone for the match experience has he. Agent snd player greed rearing it’s ugly head again I wonder ?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:33 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:04 pm
It looks like Celina is signing for a Turkish side that finished 11th last season they have an average crowds of 2,500 he will notice the difference 😂😂, I just hope Mike won't be to upset 🤔
Sorry KB didn’t see your post !

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:35 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:58 pm
Would love Hirst but tbh not sure i want the guy from Leeds, I really liked the look of Greg Leigh at LB and hope to see him in the team, with Penney as cover im not sure we need anyone else there.
But what if we offloaded Penney and had Leigh and the Leeds player. That’s be a big step up wouldn’t it 😁👍

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:41 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:33 pm
Kerry Blue wrote:
No problem, I can't understand how a club with gates that low can pay enough to make him want to play in front of small crowds like that it must feel like playing non league.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:25 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:41 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:33 pm
Kerry Blue wrote:
No problem, I can't understand how a club with gates that low can pay enough to make him want to play in front of small crowds like that it must feel like playing non league.
What I find even more hard to understand is why a talented player would consider go8mg to a virtual non league club. It seems to be madness. It can only be for money ( shocker!), especially given he was about to sign for Stoke and barring a work permit , that’s exactly where he’d be now. So he can’t have been that keen on returning to Town. Better shot of him in my view. You can have all talent in the world but if your chasing the £££££££ signs it’ll end in tears eventually.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:37 pm

Pigott has scored two goals for Portsmouth tonight.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:37 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:50 pm
Gutted
Yep. Too good for League One.

But...... the Turkish move is a feckin head scratcher. Jeezus H.

Maybe it's an excellent Turkish Deal-light.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:26 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:37 pm
Pigott has scored two goals for Portsmouth tonight.
I think that’s as many as he scored for us in 22 appearances last season. Maybe he’s a better fit at Pompey.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:32 pm

Had to Wiki that Charnwood......, can't remembering him ever scoring, ......, but yep, it appears Joseph David Wozencroft Pigott did score twice for ITFC.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:12 am

Interesting to see an update of where we are within the EFL squad size rules;

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... 22-9154812

Currently we sit at 21 of the maximum 22 man squad! Therefore in order to bring in Hirst & Davis (both "senior" players), there would have be an outgoing first or a player would have to be left off that list (similar to Kenlock last season).

It seems that 2 is the magic number of remaining new signings, so where do we think room will be made?

I am guessing Harper being loaned or sold is high on the list.
El Mizouni coming into the last year if his contract.
Hughes being omitted from that list.
Pennney being sold on?