Andy Goram

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

K L Blue

Andy Goram

Post by K L Blue » Mon May 30, 2022 9:57 pm

Terrible news just breaking.
Thinking of him at this hard time

https://rtl247.uk/shock-as-british-foot ... hm94KQMLLI

arana peligrosa

Re: Andy Goram

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:30 pm

Scots goalkeepers invariably get ridiculed but Goram was - and is - a fine servant for club and country. Hang on to the hope he overcomes the illness in question. There is a chance he CAN win the battle, wish it every success.

Relevance here, Didn't go unnoticed a big World Cup tie is underway later today where Scotland play off with Ukraine for a shot at participation in the next tournament. Guess all neutrals will root for the opposition such is the situation in their own country but got to look beyond that and wish for a home victory.

Winners play Wales in a winner-take-all game some short time thereafter. Some real pivotal memories involved if it comes to pass. In an ideal world i'd prefer both teams to qualify, it's a shame someone has to miss out.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:11 pm

Yes, not good about Goram. Hopefully he does indeed beat the disease. Fingers crossed. 🤞

Re Scotland. Might win tonight but not really that bothered……. As are not many people i know.

If a win tonight though, it’ll be a Bale dive in the play off final, Wales qualify. 👍

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:42 pm

Unfortunately marko oesophageal cancer is usually a death sentence, and any stage 4 cancer has a poor prognosis. So sad for someone so young , and it appears to have spread everywhere. My Thoughts are with his family …..

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:58 am

If Goram does succumb to some beastly illness, would have wished to see him live long enough to see his international team qualify but it's not going to happen now, Ukraine had a 3 - 1 win in Glasgow earlier tonight. Apparently the Scots just weren't up for it, lack of motivation, disorganized, almost as if they accepted a defeat before the damn thing were even underway. Ukraine battled, and the best team won.

All right neutrals will be like pigs in sh*t, it's a victory for the people, but feel some discontent they and not Scots get to go through to a final game play-off. One more time the situation in their nation is regrettable for want of better words but from a purely sporting objective will root for Wales to get the job done in Cardiff in a short time.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:03 am

You can’t beat a genuine desire to win. If you’ve got that you’re half way there in my view.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:55 am

They had been trying to get the factor 460 cream for Scots travelling to Qatar……… but thats been scrapped.

Over to you Ukraine……. Very well done. Scotland were absolute shyte as per usual at crucial times…… now go thump Wales & diving Bun-head Bale. 👍

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:14 pm

As Town fans I think we’d want Ukraine 🇺🇦 to beat Wales, or we stand to lose Wes Burns for a month in Nov….. I want Ukraine to go to the World Cup. This Country needs something to give it a bit of a lift …..

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:55 pm

They handed the Eurovision Song Contest to them on a plate just out of sympathy votes whereas any other time they wouldn't have had a chance of winning. Something doesn't sit right with this, think events should be won on actual talent and work effort not just provided in a manner such as it were.

Not only that but they're allowing a number of Ukraine fans in free from charge for tomorrows event in Cardiff. Maybe assistance and hospitality has a limit or something, depends how you view it. All things being equal Wales haven't participated at the WC since 1958 and they've had some damn good teams since then that didn't make it. I thought they really inspired at the 2016 European Championships and came close in the end.

The war issue one last time is regrettable, but from a pure sporting perspective just would wish to see Wales travel to Qatar later in the year rather than the opponents they got. Don't the winners play the English in the group stages or something, you know it just adds a certain flavor or intrigue to what could be.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:30 pm

Very sad news RIP.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:26 pm

Very sad news today, this poxy disease can torture you for years or take you in days.

My thoughts to all his family, friends and fans.

RIP Mr Goram

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:00 pm

Dazzz67 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:26 pm
Very sad news today, this poxy disease can torture you for years or take you in days.

My thoughts to all his family, friends and fans.

RIP Mr Goram
My partner Carol lost her daughter Penny just 47 six months ago today after 4 years of fighting it, terrible disease.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:55 pm

Sorry to hear that KB, think all of us have lost nearest and dearest or know somebody, but it is especially hard when the younger ones go. I struggle sometimes why they have not found someway to beat this disease, the government should be pumping money into research instead of funding some other hair brained **** they waste our money on.

I donate a small amount every month to try and help, its a small drop in the ocean but all adds up I suppose.