Pre Season Fixtures

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

Re: Pre Season Fixtures

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:42 am

Looked a decent run out and can't wait for the season to start and it's 3-45am and I'm half asleep 😴

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:32 am

I thought we played some neat, quick, attractive passing football in the first half, but neither team really created many chances or had many shots.
Second half I thought we were second best. They closed us down more quickly with the result that we moved the ball much more slowly.
Not a bad performance, reminiscent of much of the end of last season - good football but still lacking a cutting edge.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:14 am

Agree Andy - its still that cutting edge that is missing. I know they were prem league defenders but we still need to create more for the lone striker whoever that ends up being.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:29 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:32 am
I thought we played some neat, quick, attractive passing football in the first half, but neither team really created many chances or had many shots.
Second half I thought we were second best. They closed us down more quickly with the result that we moved the ball much more slowly.
Not a bad performance, reminiscent of much of the end of last season - good football but still lacking a cutting edge.
Just seen a small clip of game on FB.. Thought we looked pretty good tbh . Get a good striker in and we could be a threat this season.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:55 pm

Some of our one touch passing in the first half was of a very high standard, the little triangles and lay offs worked so well, I thought Aluko was different class at times and left Downes lost on more than one occasion.

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:08 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:55 pm
Some of our one touch passing in the first half was of a very high standard, the little triangles and lay offs worked so well, I thought Aluko was different class at times and left Downes lost on more than one occasion.
I agree. Aluko was superb. He gets in the right places, uses his body well to shield the ball. He knows when to run and when to pass quickly.

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:42 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:08 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:55 pm
I agree. Aluko was superb. He gets in the right places, uses his body well to shield the ball. He knows when to run and when to pass quickly.
He does indeed, Andy.

And yet - for so many of the games last season - he was omitted in favour of Chaplin. Go figure!

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:05 pm

Aluko is a classy player but the counter argument is for a number 10 his numbers aren’t good enough. Very few goals or assists.

Chaplin is the opposite, not as good on the ball but much better numbers.

We still need another Number 10 IMO