Umbro confirmed

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

Umbro confirmed

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:07 pm

Umbro, founded in Wilmslow, Cheshire in 1924 and now based in Manchester, previously made Blues strips for most of the 1970s and then from 1989 to 1995, including those worn in the 1991/92 Second Division championship season and the three subsequent Premier League campaigns. They will be the main kit supplier for Town Women as well as the men’s sides.

The new bespoke kit designs are set to be announced in the next few days, while the Blues have produced a video featuring Town-supporting boxer Fabio Wardley to launch their partnership with Umbro.I

Success with Umbro before let's hope for some more 👍

hallamblue

Re: Umbro confirmed

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:12 am

I hope it’s something decent . For some reason I can’t get excited about Umbro as our kit provider. Don’t think I’ve ever been enthralled by any previous kits by them ….. here’s hoping anyway .

And Umbro isn’t British/ English anymore . That changed years ago and like most clothes bought in this country, they are made in the Far East sweat shops unfortunately. So quite likely to be cheap and shoddy ….. hope I’m wrong !

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:42 am

Are any clothes NOT made in the far east now? I’m sure Ted baker, RL etc all do it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:19 am

Quite liked the red laces umbro and still have it, near mint. Size “L”……… i know Frosty might not like “deals” being done, but if anyone interested in buying, send a pm with email, i’ll send pics of the Mrs wearing it……. Doesn't fit me any more.

Ps….. remember and state your fetish…… we’ll get that organised.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:50 pm

:shock: Balls on the strap-on “Balls” deep? (Jeezo, brings tears to the eyes)

But Jaysus H, Balls :shock: ……. What a feckin fetish to admit on the open forum but …….. you got “balls”…, got to applaud that . 👍👍👌👏👏👏🍆🍆🍆

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:06 am

Loving the new kits !!! Just that red bit on the collar I'm not sure about, otherwise very impressed.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:07 am

Agree Mike, I like the red bit and we had the red laces before when we won the Championship it's an omen 👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:37 am

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:52 pm

Have to say, thumbs up with me for the new shirts

I was really dreading the design for I have always loved Adidas but have to admit I do like the shirts very much

Nice to have a shirt that's designed purely for ITFC also, well done all involved

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:22 pm

I think I like both the new shirts , but will reserve final judgement until I see them in the flesh so to speak. Not sure if the home shirt is a bit “ noisy” with the background pattern…. But it’s a proper Royal Blue which is a relief. I also like the three stars being on the back of the shirt…acknowledging our past achievements, but moving on as well. Reckon our away shirt will be very popular with the guys and also very smart when the team run out wearing it on their first away fixture ….

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:02 am

I don't care what they wear and what the kit looks like, I'm sure the appearance of their shirts has no effect whatsoever on their performance on the pitch - they can wear sackcloth and ashes for all I care so long as they perform a lot better than they have done over the last 20 seasons.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:43 pm

still retained a couple of replicas from years past, Greene King, TXU Energi etc and they're both supplied by Punch. Wasn't to do with the horse on club crest, just the name of manufacturer. As someone else highlighted it's merely for advertising rights / sponsorship deals - most if not all aspects of sport boil down to money making / individuals with their hands out - the most pivotal issue here is what the team does at field level.