A public apology from Colchester United’s Owner.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

A public apology from Colchester United’s Owner.

Post by Charnwood » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:47 pm

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2022/august/ ... Nv_EHaQ1Hw

I had no idea there was any trouble at Portman Road last night but applaud Robbie Cowling for making this statement.

Blue Wilf

Re: A public apology from Colchester United’s Owner.

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:54 pm

I thought I saw a blue bit of seat thrown down and there were some smoke bombs. I did comment to my daughter that you could see a lot of youths who had drunk too much looking to goad and abuse more than anything football related but we are not immune to those as well I am afraid.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:02 pm

Unfortunately this moronic behaviour seems to be on the increase again. One of the reasons why I have given up following England away and after what happened at the Euro final. Hopefully those idiots at the game last night will be quickly identified and dealt with appropriately.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:08 pm

Apparently the lad that does the Blog on You Tube was assaulted too, absolute morons.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:56 pm

I have the words but unable to use them as this is a family forum. Why are we so soft on this unruly behaviour, society in general is going down the tubes and the perpetrators always get off too lightly.

I could go off on but whats the point, get all wound up and get nowhere.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:16 pm

I’m sure these individuals identities could be obtained via ticketing at Colchester. Once identified, I’d say a nice hefty bill sent to them plus a lifetime ban should focus their attentions.

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:29 pm

When the little so & so's are caught, a nice long stretch at Her Majeties pleasures would surely send the message across that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated? No one wants to wonder if it's safe to go to a game like the 80's (not that it ever stopped me from going but I was a youth in those days and safety wasn't my prioty, just whether I could get to a game and back and how many shifts washing dishes in Peggotys I'd have to do to pay for it!!) :lol: