I’ll just leave this here

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

I’ll just leave this here

Post by hallamblue » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:29 am

K L Blue

Re: I’ll just leave this here

Post by K L Blue » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:52 pm

Early days Hallam.
But it is nice to see.
Lets hope we can maintain it till the end of the season.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:10 pm

We had an even better start in 2020/21 with 3 straight 2-0 wins and were clear Top of the Table P3 W3 D0 L0 F9 A0 Pts 9.

Sadly we ended the season 9th.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:18 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:10 pm
We had an even better start in 2020/21 with 3 straight 2-0 wins and were clear Top of the Table P3 W3 D0 L0 F9 A0 Pts 9.

Sadly we ended the season 9th.
Absolutely - and I agree with KM when he says that being top at this stage of the season means nothing.
Still, it's lovely to see, and hopefully we can maintain it over the whole season

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:58 pm

It’s just a bit of fun guys…we haven’t had much to cheer about for so. Long…I’m milking it lol !!! :lol: :lol:

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:16 pm

I spent most of Saturday night singing "we are top of the league, say we are top the league" to myself when we were out with friends!! They know I'm barmy but I may of taken it to a whole new level.........................!!! Gonna enjoy it while it lasts :D :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:18 pm

i don't need to verify but this time in 1993 we won all three opening games (99 per cent sure) in the Premier League and only avoided relegation by one goal by the final game of season.

There's loads of examples if you got the time to include them. New Years Day 2005 (the) team were clear of all others in the Second League or whatever it were called back then, only to drop into a play-off position and miss out altogether. Spare a thought for Oldham Athletic for one moment, an opposition we played in Cup contest quite recent. Top of the old second division / league not all that long ago, went up as Champions : now playing out in non-league obscurity with Maidenhead and Eastleigh for opposition.

The point here is never accept things too early. Things can - and will - fall away and we're certainly no exception. I'll evaluate progress by say December, which in itself will provide a clearer indication of just what to expect by a business end of a season.