Ipswich / Leicester to both be in Championship next season.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Ipswich / Leicester to both be in Championship next season.

Post by Charnwood » Mon May 08, 2023 10:13 pm

Forest game finished now with a 4-3 home win which finished with 90+11 mins played.

That’s an average of 7 goals per game in the Premier League today involving 4 of the teams fighting relegation battles.

I do t know about you guys but I certainly didn’t see that Everton result coming. It’s just unbelievable.

I’ll be surprised if any of the current bottom 3 teams survive which would see Southampton, Leeds United and Leicester City all coming to Portman Road next season which wound be very different to Leyton Orient, Stevenage and Northampton Town.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue May 09, 2023 12:32 pm

Also did I imagine this or is it a thing that the relegated Prem clubs play promoted league one clubs first game of the new season on the championship?

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue May 09, 2023 12:51 pm

shabba wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 12:32 pm
Also did I imagine this or is it a thing that the relegated Prem clubs play promoted league one clubs first game of the new season on the championship?
Not sure anything is set in stone with this, but like you, i've noticed several occasions where this has happened. Be interesting to see the stats.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun May 28, 2023 8:13 pm

Well there we have it, great prediction Charny, let us know your tips for next season :lol:

Some kind of proof of donation below, I went with £20 in the end as £10 seemed a bit measly!

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun May 28, 2023 8:36 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 8:13 pm
Well there we have it, great prediction Charny, let us know your tips for next season :lol:

Some kind of proof of donation below, I went with £20 in the end as £10 seemed a bit measly!

Great stuff. 👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:00 am

Leicester showing interest in McKenna?

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:29 am

Any source/links?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:51 am

Nothing official but several articles relating to Leicester where he is mentioned, I'll try to post something if I can.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:35 am

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:51 am
Nothing official but several articles relating to Leicester where he is mentioned, I'll try to post something if I can.
Main question though is why? Why on earth would you prefer Leicester to Ipswich. Leicester dropping from winning it to being relegated must be warning sirens to potential managers. Ipswich have just proved their ambition and upwards trajectory.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:12 pm

Exactly, it's nothing more than lazy journalism etc but being mentioned none the less. I'm confident he's going nowhere.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:14 pm

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:27 pm

Games Fkd. Long gone are the days where clubs made their own destiny happen. These days, the Celtics and Sevcos, (and now the new big baws Leicester 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️…. Leicester?? 🤷‍♂️) … come along and buy solutions.
Seriously hope this doesn’t happen. MASHTON spoke about “the vision”. Part of the vision wasn’t punting the manager to Bayern Leicester. Hoping there are “more dough” deals going on with Kieron……. The lad no doubt would stay but there will be unnecessary added pressure with him being on bigger cash to stay at Ipswich Town FC.

GTF Leicester.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:35 pm

It's mentioned in a few places but it's just names being tossed in the air really.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:48 pm

Looking on the bright side I much sooner have a manager who has brought us success and is being linked to other clubs than some of those we have had in the past who we couldn’t give a way even if we included a packet of crisps.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:04 pm

He certainly won’t be going to Leicester

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:34 am

Usually I'd view TWTD or the EADT to validate the authenticity of such claims but this time see no reason to.

Had Leicester retained EPL status it would lend more credence but seeing as both teams will be playing Championship / Second League soccer next season then why swap one for the other. McKenna has built up knowledge not to mention trust and respect with the players and staff at Portman Road so why allow oneself to join up with a completely different club set-up particularly as he's only been with us in a relative short space of time.

Best guess he'll further an already expanding resume with us for another year or two then decide over an offer from a Premier club name. Swapping one Championship name for another at this moment in time is kind of bizarre, outside the boundaries of realism et cetera.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:39 am

Exactly

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:00 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 8:13 pm

Thanks Ricco, and apologies for not spotting this earlier and responding sooner. My only apology is being overwhelmed with our first family holiday visitors for three years, and at the same time as we’re in the process of selling our Villa and moving to another. Probably pretty crap timing giving I’m still in recovery from my 8 month battle with the dreaded “C”. Anyway thanks mate and for the record I shall also be donating my winnings on another ITFC Prediction League which I won on the final round which was last weekends Cup Final. As I’ve already given two decent amounts to the Hospice already this year in memory of lost family I’ve chosen a charity closer to home who’ve helped me a lot recently and still are. I thinks it’s nice that those of us who can afford it make the effort to help these very worthwhile charities which wouldn’t be there for us without financial gifts.
Thanks again Ricco.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:16 pm

Someone posted that Leicester have asked to speak to McKenna . I hope this is just BS but of course he’s such a good coach that we will struggle to keep hold of him. But I’d hardly say Leicester would be a set up for him . Celtic might be a different thing but only for the guaranteed European football . The rest of the domestic season is absolute Bollox IMHO.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:21 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:48 pm
Looking on the bright side I much sooner have a manager who has brought us success and is being linked to other clubs than some of those we have had in the past who we couldn’t give a way even if we included a packet of crisps.
Double edged sword isn’t it. But I’m sure Toen / owners /MA are fully aware of the risks we now face re our manager dvd if they haven’t moved to secure things I’d be amazed . Just coz we aren’t aware of it, doesn’t mean it hadn’t happened. He deserves an improved contract gif getting us promoted so soon after taking charge . I can’t see him going - yet!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:39 pm

It's all a bit ridiculous for me, yes we all see him as the messiah and yes I'm pretty sure he'll go on to be a top manager one day, however, he hasn't actually achieved much yet in truth has he, I mean we didn't even win League One for crying out loud, maybe Leicester and Celtic should be looking at Schumacher who did a fantastic job in winning the title with a fraction of our budget. I don't see McKenna going anywhere just yet, he needs a lot more on his CV than a League One promotion.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:26 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:39 pm
It's all a bit ridiculous for me, yes we all see him as the messiah and yes I'm pretty sure he'll go on to be a top manager one day, however, he hasn't actually achieved much yet in truth has he, I mean we didn't even win League One for crying out loud, maybe Leicester and Celtic should be looking at Schumacher who did a fantastic job in winning the title with a fraction of our budget. I don't see McKenna going anywhere just yet, he needs a lot more on his CV than a League One promotion.
Totally agree. Beginning to think its very worried Norwich City supporters starting the rumours.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:28 pm

But McK is very well known within the game and IS highly thought of for his attention to detail and coaching abilities. Ipswich took the gamble and prized him away from Man Utd, and actually he has proved himself in his first full season and got the club out of a division that is acknowledged to a very difficult one to get out of. His stock in the game has soared. I’d say we’ll find it difficult to hold onto him after the coming season whether we get promoted again or not. He’s been noticed big time now in his first managerial role.