Ipswich / Leicester to both be in Championship next season.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Ipswich / Leicester to both be in Championship next season.

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:36 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:31 am
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:47 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:34 pm
Really? Lazy appointment? 30th game of the season, sitting mid table with no chance of relegation and a bit of a miracle for Europe? Reckon they're just killing time until they unveil a big name over summer. There will be plenty ambition behind the scenes. I think they know Frank isn't the answer.

Exactly Marko. Chelsea probably know exactly who they want and he isn’t available because he has unfinished business this season. For all we know the deal may have already been done. Lampard will be rewarded substantially for a few weeks interim work and everyone’s a winner.
McCarthy’s available now. A massive egotistical pr*ck in charge of a club full of even bigger egotistical pricks - a perfect match in my view👍

Liz, you’ve just won yourself a prize 🏆 for the most stupid post of the season. 👏👏👏.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:48 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:45 pm
To be honest Mike I see this very differently to you because I think it’s a well thought out and very sensible interim appointment and a perfect fit for what Chelsea need to get them through to the end of the season.

As far as Lampard is concerned he knows the Club inside out and can be up and running with zero lead time. From the minute he walks through the door he’ll have more respect from the players than Graham Potter could ever have dreamt of and the fans will love it. For him he’s in a no lose situation because if they carry on playing tosh it will be Potters fault and if they do well it will be Lampards impact.

From Chelsea’s point of view they get a Chelsea legend who knows the club inside out. His past record as a manager isn’t bad and his departure had as much to do with his fall out with Chelsea's co-director Marina Granovskaia who kept blocking his planned transfers as it did his results. Chelsea’s domestic season is as good as over with no risk of relegation and their only interest is in the Champions League which Lampard has vast experience of and is a previous winner of. More important than anything else his appointment buys Chelsea time, time to do a proper recruitment search which rules out nobody whereas if they insisted on making a permanent appointment now there are a fair number of managers who would rule themselves out because of their current situation at their current club so close to the end of the season when trophies are close to being won and reputations made.

TBH I couldn’t even imagine Kieron McKenna being interested in talking to another club between now and the end of the season let alone the managers likely to be on Chelsea’s short list.
👆 I agree with every word of this assessment.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:27 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:36 am
hallamblue wrote:
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:47 pm

Exactly Marko. Chelsea probably know exactly who they want and he isn’t available because he has unfinished business this season. For all we know the deal may have already been done. Lampard will be rewarded substantially for a few weeks interim work and everyone’s a winner.
McCarthy’s available now. A massive egotistical pr*ck in charge of a club full of even bigger egotistical pricks - a perfect match in my view👍

Liz, you’ve just won yourself a prize 🏆 for the most stupid post of the season. 👏👏👏.
Have you read your own posts recently ?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:56 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:27 pm
Charnwood wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

Any particular post you’d like me to take a look at Liz ?

You must admit suggesting Mick McCarthy as a perfect fit for a team currently competing in the QF stage of the Champions League will take some beating.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:18 pm

Was definitely, 100% tongue in cheek by Hallam there, Charnwood.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:31 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:18 pm
Was definitely, 100% tongue in cheek by Hallam there, Charnwood.
Her post asked a question otherwise I’d have ignored it. I’m just intrigued which of my posts she’s referring to Marko then I can answer her properly.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:36 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:56 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Charnwood wrote:

You must admit suggesting Mick McCarthy as a perfect fit for a team currently competing in the QF stage of the Champions League will take some beating.
Lol , you clearly just don’t get irony (or as marko correctly identified , tongue in cheek), do you!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:09 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:45 pm
To be honest Mike I see this very differently to you because I think it’s a well thought out and very sensible interim appointment and a perfect fit for what Chelsea need to get them through to the end of the season.

As far as Lampard is concerned he knows the Club inside out and can be up and running with zero lead time. From the minute he walks through the door he’ll have more respect from the players than Graham Potter could ever have dreamt of and the fans will love it. For him he’s in a no lose situation because if they carry on playing tosh it will be Potters fault and if they do well it will be Lampards impact.

From Chelsea’s point of view they get a Chelsea legend who knows the club inside out. His past record as a manager isn’t bad and his departure had as much to do with his fall out with Chelsea's co-director Marina Granovskaia who kept blocking his planned transfers as it did his results. Chelsea’s domestic season is as good as over with no risk of relegation and their only interest is in the Champions League which Lampard has vast experience of and is a previous winner of. More important than anything else his appointment buys Chelsea time, time to do a proper recruitment search which rules out nobody whereas if they insisted on making a permanent appointment now there are a fair number of managers who would rule themselves out because of their current situation at their current club so close to the end of the season when trophies are close to being won and reputations made.

TBH I couldn’t even imagine Kieron McKenna being interested in talking to another club between now and the end of the season let alone the managers likely to be on Chelsea’s short list.
Andy,
I didn't see the reception he got but I'm sure on the day it was positive as he's a club legend, however I watched the reporter on sky News interviewing fans of the club on the day it happened, some were of your view and some were of mine, it was very mixed tbh.

I get what you are saying regarding the appointment, i just see it as an easy option which while maybe making sense lacks any thought or imagination, I guess we all see it differently, I do hope they lose every game though :lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:17 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:36 pm
Charnwood wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

Lol , you clearly just don’t get irony (or as marko correctly identified , tongue in cheek), do you!

Totally irrelevant to your question asking if I’ve read my own posts recently ? … or was that meant to be irony too ?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:42 pm

Think we're all just jealous about McCarthy's massive egotistical pr!ck. :lol:

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:31 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:42 pm
McCarthy soon to be odds on for the Hearts job?!!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:54 pm

If common sense prevails he’ll gracefully go into retirement.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:34 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:31 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:42 pm
McCarthy soon to be odds on for the Hearts job?!!
He'll get his first win this weekend. Bonus for em!

Can't see him going there though. They can't afford him.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:57 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:17 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:36 pm
Charnwood wrote:

Totally irrelevant to your question asking if I’ve read my own posts recently ? … or was that meant to be irony too ?
The fact that YOUR POST went into details regarding the attributes of Chelsea and those of McCarthy DEMONSTRATES that you didn’t get the irony / tongue in cheek intended element to my post . The fact that I’m having to try and explain it to you also demonstrates you don’t get it . You we’re so hell bent on posting a put down, you totally missed the point of my post.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:03 pm

FFS Liz you’re like a dog with a bone and I really can’t be arsed to carry this on in open forum it’s not fair on others. I can’t believe you don’t have better things to do than keep prodding and poking and most likely based on previous experience get yourself upset in the process. Can I politely suggest we just draw a line and move on.

To get the thread back on topic, I’m guessing the odds of both teams playing in the Championship next season would currently be pretty short.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:34 pm

Charnwood. With all due respect, I think you started the ball rolling by handing out "Stupid Post Awards" complete with a Trophy? Not sure how you're expecting someone to react.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:19 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:34 pm
Charnwood. With all due respect, I think you started the ball rolling by handing out "Stupid Post Awards" complete with a Trophy? Not sure how you're expecting someone to react.

So Marko are you suggesting we just carry on arguing in open forum and p*ss everyone off. Without going back and reading a complete load of sh*t I’m not sure why the stupid comment about McCarthy needed to detract from what until then was a fairly interesting discussion. After what I accept was a rather provocative comment Liz had her retaliation suggesting if I read my own posts I’d find them equally stupid, I’m not sure which ones she’s referring to although that’s unimportant. What I thought was important tho was for both of us to draw a line and move on rather than provoke further discussion .

I’m not sure what your agenda is or why you would want to keep the discussion ongoing. No explanation required.

To be honest I’m far more interested in whether or not the topic of discussion comes to fruition having been running since the very start of the season.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:34 am

:lol: Jesus fkn Christ, "Draw a line, and not provoke further discussion!" That is seriously what you thought? :lol: Telling her she's like a dog with a bone...., and THAT draws a line under the discussion? I cannot stand this type of thing online whereby someone kicks something off, a person responds, then the inevitable, "you're like a dog with a bone" type quote from the instigator. Gets right under my skin. This shyte ONLY seems to happen online. I certainly hope you don't inform people face to face at say a dinner party situation that they've won the stupid quote of the night? Tell me you don't do that?

And there is no agenda....., I asked you a direct question (complete with all due respect) after your "dog with a bone" quote...... how were you expecting her to react? Could you not see from her initial response that she wasn't best pleased? Jaysus H

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:42 am

I can’t believe you’ve got nothing better to do than get up in the middle of the night and start blaspheming about something that you had no reason to get involved in. Maybe you should get yourself a job as a carer. As for sitting round a table at a Dinner Party talking about the value of your house, the price of veg or friends that couldn’t make it, I can’t believe you still do that stuff in Scotland, but some things never surprise me.

If you expect me to answer all your multiple questions on here you can forget it because I have neither the time or inclination. You have your pet hates I have mine too, mine include self righteous smart arses who poke their noses in other people’s arguments simply to sh*t stir.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:57 am

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:42 am
I can’t believe you’ve got nothing better to do than get up in the middle of the night and start blaspheming about something that you had no reason to get involved in. Maybe you should get yourself a job as a carer. As for sitting round a table at a Dinner Party talking about the value of your house, the price of veg or friends that couldn’t make it, I can’t believe you still do that stuff in Scotland, but some things never surprise me.

If you expect me to answer all your multiple questions on here you can forget it because I have neither the time or inclination. You have your pet hates I have mine too, mine include self righteous smart arses who poke their noses in other people’s arguments simply to sh*t stir.
OOOOOO, name calling & "country" attacking. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Take your head out your arse.

At least you admit you started an argument. Well done. That's a start.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:39 am

marko69 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:57 am
Charnwood wrote:

OOOOOO, name calling & "country" attacking. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Take your head out your arse.

I’ve not admitted anything Marko that’s just your play on words.

I’m not country attacking either that’s just you being a sensitive bunny.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:42 am

Come on guys, time to draw a line under it, differences of opinion happen all the time, time to move on.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:49 am

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:39 am
marko69 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:57 am
Charnwood wrote:

I’ve not admitted anything Marko that’s just your play on words.

I’m not country attacking either that’s just you being a sensitive bunny.
:lol: Jeezo, 🤦‍♂️…… you’re like dog with a bone, charnwood.
By the way ….. are you ever wrong? Dont answer that, like all the others you’ve declined to answer. 🤷‍♂️

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:50 am

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:42 am
Come on guys, time to draw a line under it, differences of opinion happen all the time, time to move on.
Sorry dude. I value Hallam a lot. The dog with a bone post pissed me off.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:11 pm

Yeah I know, I just think maybe go private with it as Mods arguing on the forum probably not wise, I know I've done it and got the T shirt :lol: :lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:57 pm

You’re not wrong there Mike, I think it’s the Mod attack Mod in public that I found most inappropriate let alone bombardment of questions which he’s still expecting answers too on open forum.

Maybe instead of winding him up I should have told him I’d already apologised to Liz privately yesterday and we’d kissed and made up. It would probably have been much easier but at least I’ve given him something to do whilst nobody needs any plumbing work done. 🤪

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:01 pm

I’ll try again to get the thread back on topic. !

I’m guessing the odds of both teams playing in the Championship next season would currently be pretty short although Town dropping 2 points last night may have extended the odds by a few points.

Who thinks it will happen ?

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:21 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:01 pm
I’ll try again to get the thread back on topic. !

I’m guessing the odds of both teams playing in the Championship next season would currently be pretty short although Town dropping 2 points last night may have extended the odds by a few points.

Who thinks it will happen ?

I actually don’t think Leicester will be relegated Andy when I look at their remaining fixture list, there fore unless we can bypass the championship, I can’t see us being in the same league. :wink:

I think either Bournemouth or Everton will join Southampton and forest at the bottom.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:05 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:57 pm
You’re not wrong there Mike, I think it’s the Mod attack Mod in public that I found most inappropriate let alone bombardment of questions which he’s still expecting answers too on open forum.

Maybe instead of winding him up I should have told him I’d already apologised to Liz privately yesterday and we’d kissed and made up. It would probably have been much easier but at least I’ve given him something to do whilst nobody needs any plumbing work done. 🤪
:lol: Nice. Like a dog with a bone! :lol:
But listen, I wholeheartedly agree. Get the thread back on topic. No more veering off topic with trophy awards to kick things off. 👍👍👌

I firmly believe Leicester City & Everton will survive. Bournemouth, Southampton & Leeds to drop thru the door.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:26 pm

Odds with skybet for that double is currently 23/25 Charny. 8/11 Leicester for the drop, 1/9 Town for promotion.

I don't mind giving you evens and playing bookie though. If the bet lands, I'll give £10 to a charity of your choice and if it doesn't, you can give £10 to a charity of Marko's choice?? I think that circumnavigates the legalities of playing bookmaker?! :lol: