Ipswich / Leicester to both be in Championship next season.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Ipswich / Leicester to both be in Championship next season.

Post by Charnwood » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:46 pm

Anyone out there give me 20/1 ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:52 am

When you started this thread I honestly thought Leicester? No way at all but was unaware of their plight, they look absolutely doomed.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:56 pm

Yes its amazing how those bookies just seem to know stuff. I too thought it was a stretch to think Leicester would be struggling.
Just shows you that what Hallam has been saying for over 10 years on this forum is 100% correct……. Its all going to go to sh*t.
Just is not sustainable unless you are one of the big 6 and maybe Everton.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:16 pm

I can’t believe how realistic a prospect it’s beginning to look.

Just imagine if the tables stay as they are we could be playing West Ham United, Nottingham Forest and Leicester City next season, instead of Leyton Orient, Barrow and Northampton Town.

I think by any stretch of imagination that would be real progress.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:08 pm

This is beginning to look like a realistic prospect again after Leicester City’s 6 match winless run Inc todays defeat at Palace which dropped them into the bottom 3.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:13 pm

Having just looked at the Premier League Table the relegation battle looks far more interesting than the Top of the table. As it stands any 3 of 9 clubs could realistically get relegated come the end of the season. That’s almost half the Clubs in the league.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:02 pm

With Brendan Rogers sacked this morning I’m not sure if that increases or decreases Leicester’s chances of staying up.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:04 pm

They need someone experienced for the run in now for sure.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:07 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:04 pm
They need someone experienced for the run in now for sure.
The expert for a short term contract till the end of the season with a £1m bonus would be Sam Alardyce, like him or hate him there’s no one better I can think of. I’m not sure how much it would be worth to the football club, maybe even £10m.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:08 pm

I like and rate big Sam.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:18 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:08 pm
I like and rate big Sam.
I can see his Villa from here I’ll go and suggest it to him and see if I can earn a commission 🤣

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:27 pm

Lol

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:18 pm

Bluemike wrote:
I like and rate big Sam.
Only England manager to have a 100% win record. :lol:

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:46 am

Bluemike wrote:
I like and rate big Sam.
Really? You shock me. He was prepared to take money under hand when stung by the News of the World. He is a disgrace. He also plays antiquated hoof ball football. Sorry not for me. 🤷‍♂️

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:03 am

mendipblue wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:46 am
Bluemike wrote:
I like and rate big Sam.
Really? You shock me. He was prepared to take money under hand when stung by the News of the World. He is a disgrace. He also plays antiquated hoof ball football. Sorry not for me. 🤷‍♂️
G Potter will be Leicester new boss

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:11 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
I like and rate big Sam.

The managers who did what he did is endless and it’s not Leicester City’s problem. Their one and only priority at the moment is not getting relegated from the Premier League and there isn’t another manager I can think of with a better record than Big Sam. The style of football and how they achieve it is irrelevant and the objective completely unambiguous.
I wouldn’t for one minute suggest a contract beyond the end of the season, just a simple 10 game contract with high reward for success.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:14 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:03 am
mendipblue wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
I like and rate big Sam.
G Potter will be Leicester new boss
In my opinion he would be a perfect fit. A gentleman manager working for highly respected owners with high standards who work very hard in the community. Unfortunately their business interests were hit harder than most throughout the pandemic which has adversely affected their ability to match their competitor’s investment. Hopefully they’re through the worst and if they can survive this season they can bounce back. If they don’t I just fear they could go into free fall.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:14 pm

He didn’t fit at Chelsea did he. I think tbf the Club was too big for him. Needs a strong, almost egotistical manager at Chelsea (they’re that far up their own backsides).

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:25 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:14 pm
He didn’t fit at Chelsea did he. I think tbf the Club was too big for him. Needs a strong, almost egotistical manager at Chelsea (they’re that far up their own backsides).
In my opinion he was a ridiculous appointment for Chelsea who’d spent something like £360m on players he had no say in. All high ego individuals who thought they were better than the boss and even listed “Likes” on their Instagram Accounts after he was sacked which is disgusting. As we’re beginning to find out there are very few managers with the ability and strength of character to manage these guys which is why such a small number of them move from job to job pocketing millions along the way.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:14 pm

I see Chelsea have done exactly what I suggested Leicester City should do and make an interim manager appointment till the end of the season.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:18 pm

Frank " the failure " Lampard of all people, lazy appointment

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:45 pm

To be honest Mike I see this very differently to you because I think it’s a well thought out and very sensible interim appointment and a perfect fit for what Chelsea need to get them through to the end of the season.

As far as Lampard is concerned he knows the Club inside out and can be up and running with zero lead time. From the minute he walks through the door he’ll have more respect from the players than Graham Potter could ever have dreamt of and the fans will love it. For him he’s in a no lose situation because if they carry on playing tosh it will be Potters fault and if they do well it will be Lampards impact.

From Chelsea’s point of view they get a Chelsea legend who knows the club inside out. His past record as a manager isn’t bad and his departure had as much to do with his fall out with Chelsea's co-director Marina Granovskaia who kept blocking his planned transfers as it did his results. Chelsea’s domestic season is as good as over with no risk of relegation and their only interest is in the Champions League which Lampard has vast experience of and is a previous winner of. More important than anything else his appointment buys Chelsea time, time to do a proper recruitment search which rules out nobody whereas if they insisted on making a permanent appointment now there are a fair number of managers who would rule themselves out because of their current situation at their current club so close to the end of the season when trophies are close to being won and reputations made.

TBH I couldn’t even imagine Kieron McKenna being interested in talking to another club between now and the end of the season let alone the managers likely to be on Chelsea’s short list.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:33 pm

I would think if Leicester do get relegated they would be less likely to sell Hirst, that's assuming Town would want to sign him.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:42 pm

Good start for Frank

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:14 pm

I don't get Lampard. Great player but he has been poor as a manager wherever he has been. He was promoted above his capability in my view and continues to be so. Someone said earlier that he was a lazy appointment and I 100% concur with that view.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:34 pm

Really? Lazy appointment? 30th game of the season, sitting mid table with no chance of relegation and a bit of a miracle for Europe? Reckon they're just killing time until they unveil a big name over summer. There will be plenty ambition behind the scenes. I think they know Frank isn't the answer.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:47 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:34 pm
Really? Lazy appointment? 30th game of the season, sitting mid table with no chance of relegation and a bit of a miracle for Europe? Reckon they're just killing time until they unveil a big name over summer. There will be plenty ambition behind the scenes. I think they know Frank isn't the answer.

Exactly Marko. Chelsea probably know exactly who they want and he isn’t available because he has unfinished business this season. For all we know the deal may have already been done. Lampard will be rewarded substantially for a few weeks interim work and everyone’s a winner.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:48 pm

Except the fans who pay good money to see their team win

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:31 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:47 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:34 pm

Exactly Marko. Chelsea probably know exactly who they want and he isn’t available because he has unfinished business this season. For all we know the deal may have already been done. Lampard will be rewarded substantially for a few weeks interim work and everyone’s a winner.
McCarthy’s available now. A massive egotistical pr*ck in charge of a club full of even bigger egotistical pricks - a perfect match in my view👍

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:31 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:48 pm
Except the fans who pay good money to see their team win
You obviously didn’t see the reception the travelling Chelsea fans gave him yesterday Mike. The fans are the happiest they’ve been all season and will be until the new manager arrives. I’m struggling to understand why you can’t see the appropriateness of the appointment at this stage of the season. It’s almost a perfect fit.