EFLT (Group H) - Ipswich Town vs Northampton Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Not exactly the Champions League is it?

Ipswich Win
92%
Northampton Win
8%
Penalties
No votes

Total votes: 12

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: EFLT (Group H) - Ipswich Town vs Northampton Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:13 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:06 am
I think its only Aluko we will be missing for any period of time and we have good cover there, Chaplin was precautionary apparently, Ball a dead leg and wasn't gonna play Saturday anyway and Burns seems to be carrying this niggle every week, we'll be fine.
I see on another thread that Kerry Blue suggests Conor Chaplin could be out for 6-& weeks, now that could prove costly especially if Aluko is injured too. ☹️

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:39 pm

I think the injuries are mounting up
Burns
Aluko
Ball
Chaplin
Davis

That’s after the last two games . And still no primary striker and thin on the ground for midfield cover in my view … and with potentially Burns and Chaplin out, that’s our major scoring threat gone..not good

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:07 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:13 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:06 am
I think its only Aluko we will be missing for any period of time and we have good cover there, Chaplin was precautionary apparently, Ball a dead leg and wasn't gonna play Saturday anyway and Burns seems to be carrying this niggle every week, we'll be fine.
I see on another thread that Kerry Blue suggests Conor Chaplin could be out for 6-& weeks, now that could prove costly especially if Aluko is injured too. ☹️
The person that messaged me later said it was on Facebook so hopefully rubbish.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:51 am

Indeed. Fingers firmly crossed. I don’t want us to get these injuries so early in the season, but despite the strength of our squad it shows how quickly things can change if a lot of key players all get injured at once. We never seem to do “ quick, simple “ injuries ie out for 1 game, do we!