Norwich City youth training

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ipswichtownNo1

Norwich City youth training

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:57 pm

Just heard Norwich fc are running training sessions at my sons school in brantham. Hope itfc catch up soon and start doing this instead of them poaching our local youngsters

arana peligrosa

Re: Norwich City youth training

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:01 am

We always had an academy you could be proud of. Kids coming through like Dyer, Dozzell senior, Richard Wright to name but few, but don't seem to have the same pull as once before. Kids are where the future's at you can argue but trick is to keep them at their growth club for as long as able, not always easy when any one name rises in stature.

I don't see how the academy develops over at Norwich but they must be doing something right such is the League improvement. Not always pleasant to say but grudging credit where it's due, after Farke took off, thought it'd be something of a struggle for them. Smith (team coach not director) has really picked up after a slow start and made them something formidable.

Is it good for East Anglia to have two clubs doing so well in respective leagues, neutrals could argue the point, however I say f*ck that. By all means celebrate where we're at, but them at the same time ? Somehow no.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:53 pm

Trust me, IpswichTownNo1, Mark Ashton and ITFC are very much on the case to push the yella bellies back across that boarder. He has stated that in an earlier interview.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:20 am

Tried to find a suitable NCFC thread in archives, this'll do, time is short.

Took a quick view of the Pink 'Un forum just now and they got two subjects of interest.

#1 They're looking for two "legends" to feature on a banner for their stadia starting for next season. I found some humor in this. Took some time to think back and could pick off two, three at best. Great large features of Goss, Bruce and Bellamy etc in high resolution to adorn the sides of the arena.. How the hell do you define 'a Carrow Road legend' anyhow.

#2 They're putting heads together and supposing a game with us right now, who would win or what would occur. Personally I think we'd really give them a game and put to right an absence of 12,13 years without victory. They have a psychological advantage over us in terms of time and wins but with the team we got right now, progress made and everything, I'd be real confident of taking a win over those....

The balance of power, or whatever, between us and them, or East Anglia as a whole, has changed. Whether they admit to it or not, there can't be any real dispute.