All games cancelled

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Andym

Re: All games cancelled

Post by Andym » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:08 am

number 9 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:40 am
As far as the media is concerned Andy, they’re just doing their jobs. If the general public is stupid enough to believe everything they see and read in the press, then that’s another issue.
I have to disagree with that. Newspapers should report news and encourage us to think, but instead they tell is what to think. Without opening the debate again, without the press, all owned by non-doms, wet wouldn’t have had Brexit. The scares stories about immigrants taking our jobs, houses and benefits were repeated endlessly and serve to form public opinion - despite most of the headlines being demonstrably untrue.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:46 am

Whatever the rights and wrongs of there being no footie today it sure as hell feels strange this morning. No predictions to do, no Fantasy Football team to tweak, and worst of all no Town v Cambridge local Derby game to rush home for to watch on ifollow. I think the 19th hole could play long today.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:56 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:46 am
Whatever the rights and wrongs of there being no footie today it sure as hell feels strange this morning. No predictions to do, no Fantasy Football team to tweak and worst of all no Town v Cambridge local Derby game to rush home for to watch on ifollow. I think the 19th hole could play long today.
Charners, you wrote this yesterday in defence of the cancellations.

"Surely when that Head of State dies it’s not OTT to have a period of morning for people and organisations to show their respect, most especially for a Queen who served our country as exceptionally well as Queen Elizabeth did."

I think you should set an example and call your golfing mates and tell them that you'll be mourning quietly today at home. Every bit of gloomy self-sacrifice will add to the fond memories of her maj.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:32 am

Its been said next weekends fixtures could be an issue too due to potential policing issues, dependant on the funeral arrangements.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:35 am

Tangfastic wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:56 am
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:46 am
Whatever the rights and wrongs of there being no footie today it sure as hell feels strange this morning. No predictions to do, no Fantasy Football team to tweak and worst of all no Town v Cambridge local Derby game to rush home for to watch on ifollow. I think the 19th hole could play long today.
Charners, you wrote this yesterday in defence of the cancellations.

"Surely when that Head of State dies it’s not OTT to have a period of morning for people and organisations to show their respect, most especially for a Queen who served our country as exceptionally well as Queen Elizabeth did."

I think you should set an example and call your golfing mates and tell them that you'll be mourning quietly today at home. Every bit of gloomy self-sacrifice will add to the fond memories of her maj.

I’m already setting the same example as all other footie fans and missing my home teams game today, same for all my golf mates who to a man follow their home team on live tv every Saturday afternoon.

Just on an aside Tang, I assume private golf courses in the UK are open today ?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:43 am

Again, the Aussies get it right. 👍

An hour to go before 91K cram into the MCG for the Collingwood v Fremantle play-off. Going to be an awesome game.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:02 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:28 am
Regarding that last sentence, they sure as hell do it with the likes of Harry and Megan but choose not to with other members of the Royal family, its all press driven and most are sucked in.
100% agree. Really quite sinister when you sit back and observe it.