Charlton Away

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Charlton Away

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:47 am

The remaining tickets sold out in 6 minutes to season ticket holders this morning. 3,000 allocation and apparently we won't be getting anymore. If we did I'm sure we would shift quite a few more.
Just got to hope that the result and performance will be better than last season.

Dazzz67

Re: Charlton Away

Post by Dazzz67 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:30 am

It's unbelievable the volume of tickets shifting in such a very short time frame, surely Charlton can rake in a few more quid by releasing more? They cannot be selling all their quota of home tickets so why not make more available? or is this down to policing/safety factors etc?

At least the boys are getting a good crowd backing them and it should be a great game.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:51 am

Dazzz67 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:30 am
It's unbelievable the volume of tickets shifting in such a very short time frame, surely Charlton can rake in a few more quid by releasing more? They cannot be selling all their quota of home tickets so why not make more available? or is this down to policing/safety factors etc?

At least the boys are getting a good crowd backing them and it should be a great game.
I think it is to do with police/safety factors. Got my ticket yesterday and decided to go on the coach for this game as not sure about the railways with the current situation. Apparently all the coaches are sold out now but the club are trying to source more.
We took 7,000 to MK Dons last season if we are still challenging for automatic promotion when we play them at the end of February they might as well give us the whole stadium this time! :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:18 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:47 am
The remaining tickets sold out in 6 minutes to season ticket holders this morning. 3,000 allocation and apparently we won't be getting anymore. If we did I'm sure we would shift quite a few more.
Just got to hope that the result and performance will be better than last season.
Looks like they’re trying to keep Town fans out then, as I’m sure we nearly always took 4K + …. Certainly did when I last went.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:25 pm

Thats fair enough if its down to safety/policing, I always thought if there was extra revenue for the sale of extra tickets then this would go towards paying for extra security. So what happens (for example), Charlton draw Man City in the F.A. Cup at home, do Man City still only get 3,000 away tickets?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:32 pm

Lol, what do you reckon? I doubt it. But the police always seem to play the crowd marshalling / safety card don’t they. So maybe they too would be limited to that. Maybe it’s down to clubs being prepared to pay the policing bill for lasagne away following. Doesn’t seem to be an issue at MKDons does it..

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:38 pm

Dazzz67 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:25 pm
Thats fair enough if its down to safety/policing, I always thought if there was extra revenue for the sale of extra tickets then this would go towards paying for extra security. So what happens (for example), Charlton draw Man City in the F.A. Cup at home, do Man City still only get 3,000 away tickets?
Wouldn’t the home fans sell out the remaining seats in that scenario though.