League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

3 wins in a week?

Charlton Win
2
11%
Ipswich Win
9
47%
Draw
8
42%
 
Total votes: 19

Tangfastic
Posts: 4698
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:10 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:54 am
Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:14 am
This taken from that other site has made me feel a lot better.


1. Arsenal - 2.55
2. Leyton Orient - 2.44
3. Man City - 2.42
4. Plymouth - 2.38
5. Ipswich - 2.18
6. Stevenage - 2.12
7. Spurs & Sheffield Wednesday - 2.00

Remember that only 4 teams in the 92 have a better record this season, and that for all the leads thrown away, and bad goals conceded, and frustrations that we are picking up more points than nearly every other team in the country.

There aren’t major problems, there aren’t massive issues that need sorting - there are things we can improve on and KM will know this and be working his backside of to find ways to creep us up that table above Plymouth

We all would have taken our current position at the start of the season.
This our ability to score goals yes?

That doesn’t appear to be our problem as many players in the team can and do score goals.

Our main problem is we are soft in defence whenever we are actually put under any real pressure. This doesn’t happen often due to our ability to keep possession. BUT it is happening more frequently now and when teams do apply pressure don’t (and can’t) defend balls into our box. It’s now putting pressure on Walton as he had to decide “do I come for this ball or will Woolfie / Edmundson deal with it”.

My personal view is our CBs are not good enough regards “defending” (as opposed to bringing the ball out of defence in our hallmark build up of play out from the back), and I think opponents are now realising how to hurt us. So if we don’t sort this out in January I can easily see us dropping out of the top two unfortunately. Our defence is weak compared to the rest of the team.
Its Points per game (PPG)... not goals scored.

If its our CB's that are the problem then we've got the option of Keough and Burgess. We have got strength in depth in this department. Not sure we need to buy CBs.... just improve them.

Burgess, for me, is our best defender in terms of doing the basics of defending at this level ie heading the f**king ball out of the box. Wouldn't be surprised to a return for him.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7725
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:26 am

Tangfastic wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:52 am
I've slept on that game..... and I'm still pissed off. I can deal with having a bad day at the office and losing. Its part of the game, but the way we switched off was really unprofessional and taking the p*ss. If I was a travelling fan who 2-3 minutes earlier was going berserk with us going 4-2 up and then see us capitulate like that - id be so angry and let down.

Haven't read McKenna's post game comments but saw his headline " Sometime Crazy matches happen". Yes, but they happen for a reason. I hope he's seriously pissed off, too, but is doing his manager's duties and trying to remain calm and not throwing anyone under the bus in public.

I don't understand how with so little time available they can score 2 goals. And they're demoralised by conceding 2 late goals themselves. I've seen us many times go a goal behind and know we won't score because the opposition have shut us out effectively with 20 or 30 minutes to go. We've spent so much time talking about other teams time-wasting and shithousery, yet we can't do that for 3 or for 4 minutes to protect 2 goals. And we don't have to cheat... just put the ball in their corner and slow the game down. It's like our players got caught up in a pointless slugfest when we didn't need to.

We've conceded a two goal lead at Sheff Wed, did it midweek at Port Vale and did it twice in a game yesterday. Can't just keep on blaming an individual or a ref or bad luck .... its a team problem. Not just defenders, too. We do concede too many times when we're on top. So it's good we very often get on top and into winning positions.... but quite often the game management is poor.
It's McKenna's problem to sort out. He's done a great job and it's no mean feat to go away and score 4 at a place like Charlton.... but the way we closed that game out was sh*t. These points we're dropping could be the difference between automatic promotion and the lottery play-offs. Can't keep blaming refs for dropped points.
Absolutely spot on. It has been a long time since I have felt so pissed off coming out of a ground as I did yesterday. Walton was poor as well, don’t know if his confidence has been affected by what is going on in front of him as well.Just a shame Burgess got injured when he did as he was starting to come into form.
Just to cap the day off the trains were fecked coming home which meant I got indoors over an hour later than I should have done.

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7725
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:34 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:05 am
The whole of the stoppage time play for you guys …

https://twitter.com/cafcofficial/status ... 371?s=46&t
With all respect hallam, feck off it was bad enough being there watching it without having repeats! :lol: :lol:

LizinSpain
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:10 pm

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by LizinSpain » Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:48 pm

I was very pee'd off last night with them all but, after a couple of very nice glasses of wine down the local bar after dinner, a bit of a whinge to anyone who would listen and a good nights sleep my blood pressure is back to normal and I'm over it!! COYB :wink:

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 2586
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by rossi » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:32 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:01 pm
I don’t buy all that Rossi. I think the game is played now with a lot more pace and intensity than it was 40 years ago. It’s also well documented by Sir Bobby that the only reason we didn’t win the league in the early 80’s was because we were playing too many games using the same players and needed a larger squad so players could be rested.

We dropped points today mainly because we fluffed a couple of chances where it was easier to score than miss, and a couple of defensive errors where individuals lost concentration. Charlton must take some credit too for their fighting spirit and never giving up.

We knew this was potentially a tricky fixture with a draw the most likely outcome, after all Charlton are the draw specialists in League 1 with 50% of their matches ending this way. We also seem to have forgotten they best Plymouth 5-1 earlier in the season which was Argyle’s largest defeat.
I think the intensity was the same 40 years ago, but even if that is not the case it's certainly true that 40 years ago pitches were heavier and so were balls. All in all, I don't think the demands on fitness now are so very different.

hallamblue
Posts: 28398
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:04 pm

I’d say this post encapsulates things ..


https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/545425/cra ... -games/#10

hallamblue
Posts: 28398
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:04 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:34 am
hallamblue wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:05 am
The whole of the stoppage time play for you guys …

https://twitter.com/cafcofficial/status ... 371?s=46&t
With all respect hallam, feck off it was bad enough being there watching it without having repeats! :lol: :lol:

Ha ha sorry Tony !!

hallamblue
Posts: 28398
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:11 pm

Tangfastic wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:10 am
hallamblue wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:54 am
Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:14 am
This taken from that other site has made me feel a lot better.


1. Arsenal - 2.55
2. Leyton Orient - 2.44
3. Man City - 2.42
4. Plymouth - 2.38
5. Ipswich - 2.18
6. Stevenage - 2.12
7. Spurs & Sheffield Wednesday - 2.00

Remember that only 4 teams in the 92 have a better record this season, and that for all the leads thrown away, and bad goals conceded, and frustrations that we are picking up more points than nearly every other team in the country.

There aren’t major problems, there aren’t massive issues that need sorting - there are things we can improve on and KM will know this and be working his backside of to find ways to creep us up that table above Plymouth

We all would have taken our current position at the start of the season.
This our ability to score goals yes?

That doesn’t appear to be our problem as many players in the team can and do score goals.

Our main problem is we are soft in defence whenever we are actually put under any real pressure. This doesn’t happen often due to our ability to keep possession. BUT it is happening more frequently now and when teams do apply pressure don’t (and can’t) defend balls into our box. It’s now putting pressure on Walton as he had to decide “do I come for this ball or will Woolfie / Edmundson deal with it”.

My personal view is our CBs are not good enough regards “defending” (as opposed to bringing the ball out of defence in our hallmark build up of play out from the back), and I think opponents are now realising how to hurt us. So if we don’t sort this out in January I can easily see us dropping out of the top two unfortunately. Our defence is weak compared to the rest of the team.
Its Points per game (PPG)... not goals scored.

If its our CB's that are the problem then we've got the option of Keough and Burgess. We have got strength in depth in this department. Not sure we need to buy CBs.... just improve them.

Burgess, for me, is our best defender in terms of doing the basics of defending at this level ie heading the f**king ball out of the box. Wouldn't be surprised to a return for him.

It’ll be interesting to see how McKenna approaches this defensive issue. He clearly likes the build up of our attack from the back . Woolfie is the main deliverer of this in my view as Edmundson always gives him the ball to Woolfie as soon as he can, in my view. Collectively their role is more of a defensive, deep sitting, midfielder than out and out centre backs.

The better (more traditional ) CB’s are indeed, Keogh and Burgess. But can they play the role of bringing the ball out of defence on the deck?

In summary we need two CB’s comfortable with ball at feet , and capable of playing it on the deck to bring it out of defence. But they also have to have what I call traditional centre back qualities of marshalling the back line, dealing with Ariel threats, and being able to clear the lives when there’s a need to do so, and commanding that 18yard area.

Is this likely at division 3 level?
Last edited by hallamblue on Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 2586
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by rossi » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:16 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:04 pm
I’d say this post encapsulates things ..


https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/545425/cra ... -games/#10
hmmmm - he's just saying that the dip in performance and the mistakes we are making are down to the players being tired.
I'm afraid that doesn't wash with me - has tiredness affected Plymouth lately, or Sheffield Wednesday? He's clutching at straws in my book, and the wrong straws at that.

hallamblue
Posts: 28398
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:30 pm

Well he’s not really is he. He’s suggesting fatigue as just one of a few variables. The others being our style of play (high tempo /high press ?), levels of injuries to key players, and our ability to convert the very high % of chances we create, plus our inability to defend in the box, and a mental weakness in the team.

…….”More recently (the last 6 or 7 games for me) there has been a perceivable decline in the consistency of performances and there are a number of plausible arguments for this, the injuries we have sustained, combined with the sheer number of games and our very physically demanding style of play must hold some level of responsibility, as must the inevitable dip in form some players will experience during the course of a season (perhaps a result of some of the factors already highlighted? fatigue?).

These are all tangible and can be (mostly) easily remedied, but the bit I'm struggling with is the undesirable weakness that has crept into our game, the giving away of match winning positions, is it just a result of the identifiable weaknesses in our game, or is this a more intangible mental weakness running through the team? That would be a lot trickier to resolve.“

It’s going to be interesting to see what the Club does in January. It’ll be our last chance to consolidate our push for promotion. I don’t think the club can afford to “ nice” to current players . If we see better players snd can get them , we should in my view do all we can to get them in. If that means some ( more established 1st teamers)leaving then that’s what’s got to happen.

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 2586
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by rossi » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:39 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:30 pm
Well he’s not really is he. He’s suggesting fatigue as just one of a few variables. The others being our style of play (high tempo /high press ?), levels of injuries to key players, and our ability to convert the very high % of chances we create, plus our inability to defend in the box, and a mental weakness in the team.

…….”More recently (the last 6 or 7 games for me) there has been a perceivable decline in the consistency of performances and there are a number of plausible arguments for this, the injuries we have sustained, combined with the sheer number of games and our very physically demanding style of play must hold some level of responsibility, as must the inevitable dip in form some players will experience during the course of a season (perhaps a result of some of the factors already highlighted? fatigue?).

These are all tangible and can be (mostly) easily remedied, but the bit I'm struggling with is the undesirable weakness that has crept into our game, the giving away of match winning positions, is it just a result of the identifiable weaknesses in our game, or is this a more intangible mental weakness running through the team? That would be a lot trickier to resolve.“

It’s going to be interesting to see what the Club does in January. It’ll be our last chance to consolidate our push for promotion. I don’t think the club can afford to “ nice” to current players . If we see better players snd can get them , we should in my view do all we can to get them in. If that means some ( more established 1st teamers)leaving then that’s what’s got to happen.
I obviously read it differently to you, Liz, because it seemed to me that he was blaming fatigue on the other variables you mention.

Whatever, I blame lack of confidence due to rotation as one of the reasons we fail to convert more of the chances we create, but that's not going to change. Similarly, I blame our defensive mistakes on players being confused at the constant switching of formation during the game - I doubt that will change either.

I agree with you that we could do with bringing in a couple of decent defenders, and also a goal scorer - but to be honest what players of class at this level are going to be happy with not playing every week? Not many I think, and that is why we may well struggle to attract the sort of players we need.

Cabanas Blue
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 am

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:21 pm

LizinSpain wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:48 pm
I was very pee'd off last night with them all but, after a couple of very nice glasses of wine down the local bar after dinner, a bit of a whinge to anyone who would listen and a good nights sleep my blood pressure is back to normal and I'm over it!! COYB :wink:
A couple of glasses of wine 🤔 I don't believe that unless they were pint glasses 😂😂😂

hallamblue
Posts: 28398
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:28 pm

I don’t know about glasses o wine, after that I’d be needing at least two crates !! :lol: :lol:

User avatar
arana peligrosa
Posts: 9834
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:14 pm

Can you not talk about alcohol, it's been seven years since last tasted. Kind of feel as missing out or something.

Someone mentioned squad rotation. It's not something we seem to deploy all too often other than in time of injury or suspension. The bottom line of yesterdays fallout is how to prevent allowing the opposition four goals in future instances. Bit fuzzy on the defensive aspect of the team, more familiar with goal, midfield and attackers within the team. Point being we seem to possess a weak point when facing set pieces particular corners or free kicks into Walton's area. If you can eradicate these issues then the rest of the team would seem to take care of itself.

Still believe one or two attacking names should be shipped out in the New Year transfer time and fresh strike options should be coming in. Ladapo proved yesterday he's capable but should be implemented with something different. That's the possible or correct way forward but it all entails time and hypothetical aspects.

Dazzz67
Posts: 1248
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:36 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Dazzz67 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:30 pm

Ok, im still well cheesed off but have to look at it as a point gained. October was a long month, we got a decent point tally and still comfortably in 2nd. We now have an easier schedule for November and time to address certain issues, chance to get our breaths back and some relaxation, within reason. Im sure the team will come back fighting and wanting to makeup for the huge cluster-f yesterday, wont you boys!

Hopefully we will have some more players back to fitness soon and ready for the next flurry of games. All the other teams are in the same boat as us, all we have to look after ourselves and not worry about them, sort the issues out im sure we will be fine.

hallamblue
Posts: 28398
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:03 pm

arana peligrosa wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:14 pm
Can you not talk about alcohol, it's been seven years since last tasted. Kind of feel as missing out or something.

Hey AP, you’re doing really well 👍keep it up. Despite my last post, I don’t tend to drink now. My kidney function isn’t great so was told by my GP a couple of years ago “ do t drink”. I wasn’t a particularly heavy drinker but would have one of two on match days b4 the game. Initially I found it hard and always fancied a drink ( when our in company). Then it got to ,” I fancy a drink”, but when I had it either didn’t really like it, or couldn’t finish it. Now I tend not to even really fancy an alcoholic drink. So I get an idea of where you’re coming from . So keep it up ok. X

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 26513
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:35 am

Black Stump.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 16061
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:58 pm

At the time I thought TJJ had fluffed his lines but it would appear this wasn’t the case; https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/rogue-wh ... WDi68zps4A

Given Edwards missed chance which was easier to score than miss. suggests this really was a missed opportunity to secure 3 points rather than the 1 we came away with.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 26513
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:32 pm

Evens itself out apparently so be prepared for another phantom whistler

User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7725
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:03 pm

For me not having Leigh available on the bench was a real loss on Saturday. Davis was running on fumes towards the end of the game and I’m sure that KM would have considered bringing Leigh on if he was available. Also, his heading ability might have helped towards preventing that equalising goal at the end as they had been targeting Davis in the air during the game.
Not criticising Davis at all as he has been superb recently.

hallamblue
Posts: 28398
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:10 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:35 am
Black Stump.
Think I’d even struggle with that absolutely blinding red wine 🍷! Gutted of Ipswich lol

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 16061
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:01 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:21 pm
LizinSpain wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:48 pm
I was very pee'd off last night with them all but, after a couple of very nice glasses of wine down the local bar after dinner, a bit of a whinge to anyone who would listen and a good nights sleep my blood pressure is back to normal and I'm over it!! COYB :wink:
A couple of glasses of wine 🤔 I don't believe that unless they were pint glasses 😂😂😂
Two large glasses of wine in many Spanish bars would be the best part of a bottle. 🤣

Cabanas Blue
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 am

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Cabanas Blue » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:40 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:01 pm
Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:21 pm
LizinSpain wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:48 pm
I was very pee'd off last night with them all but, after a couple of very nice glasses of wine down the local bar after dinner, a bit of a whinge to anyone who would listen and a good nights sleep my blood pressure is back to normal and I'm over it!! COYB :wink:
A couple of glasses of wine 🤔 I don't believe that unless they were pint glasses 😂😂😂
Two large glasses of wine in many Spanish bars would be the best part of a bottle. 🤣
Maria (Lizinspain) is at the Bernbeu tonight and is not supporting Celtic 😂😂

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 21617
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:49 pm

Got an electrician buddy who was in Florence a few weeks back to watch the Hertz get pumped......., and he's in Istanbul tonight to watch them get pumped again. :lol: Great being a Hibee....., save lots of travel cash, and save euro embarrassment --->> home soil blushes are better!

Think i'll steal Dazza's song...."Oo Oo Oo, Come on and laugh at Jambos"

LizinSpain
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:10 pm

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by LizinSpain » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:31 pm

arana peligrosa wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:14 pm
Can you not talk about alcohol, it's been seven years since last tasted. Kind of feel as missing out or something.

Sorry, my bad! Well done you and keep it up xx

LizinSpain
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:10 pm

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by LizinSpain » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:34 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:21 pm
LizinSpain wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:48 pm
I was very pee'd off last night with them all but, after a couple of very nice glasses of wine down the local bar after dinner, a bit of a whinge to anyone who would listen and a good nights sleep my blood pressure is back to normal and I'm over it!! COYB :wink:
A couple of glasses of wine 🤔 I don't believe that unless they were pint glasses 😂😂😂
Cheek!! :lol: :lol:

LizinSpain
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:10 pm

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by LizinSpain » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:36 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:01 pm
Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:21 pm
LizinSpain wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:48 pm
I was very pee'd off last night with them all but, after a couple of very nice glasses of wine down the local bar after dinner, a bit of a whinge to anyone who would listen and a good nights sleep my blood pressure is back to normal and I'm over it!! COYB :wink:
A couple of glasses of wine 🤔 I don't believe that unless they were pint glasses 😂😂😂
Two large glasses of wine in many Spanish bars would be the best part of a bottle. 🤣
Especially in my local :lol: :lol:

LizinSpain
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:10 pm

Re: League 1 - Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by LizinSpain » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:38 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:40 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:01 pm
Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:21 pm


A couple of glasses of wine 🤔 I don't believe that unless they were pint glasses 😂😂😂
Two large glasses of wine in many Spanish bars would be the best part of a bottle. 🤣
Maria (Lizinspain) is at the Bernbeu tonight and is not supporting Celtic 😂😂
Bloody Celtic fans everywhere in the Stadium, even tried losing the husband amongst them but he kept following me!! Big tick on the Stadiums to visit list even if it is a building site outside and looks like a car park!! Great inside and atmosphere was brilliant!!

Post Reply