Lee Evans Injury

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Lee Evans Injury

Post by Charnwood » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:35 pm

Not good news - Lee Evans has sustained damage to his medial collateral ligament (MCL) and will be unavailable for 'a period of weeks', Kieran McKenna has confirmed.

"He'll be in a knee brace for a few weeks then we'll see how he goes after that."

Blue Wilf

Re: Lee Evans Injury

Post by Blue Wilf » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:39 pm

Its a shame but with Ball, Humphries and Camara all available, we should hopefully be ok 🤞

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:54 pm

'A period of weeks' is too ambiguous but Evans has proved to be at times an instrumental member of the team. Not a free scoring midfielder by any means but weighs in every now and then with pivotal goals.

His omission will be a pity but won't hold the clubs objectives back that far as we seem to got a whole lot of other options to pick from in that area of play.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:06 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:35 pm
Not good news - Lee Evans has sustained damage to his medial collateral ligament (MCL) and will be unavailable for 'a period of weeks', Kieran McKenna has confirmed.

"He'll be in a knee brace for a few weeks then we'll see how he goes after that."
That’s the great thing about our current squad Wilf + of course we have Morsy back after his one match ban. What will also help is having just 2 league fixtures scheduled in November compared with the 6 we’ll have played in October plus 1 EFL Trophy game.

Maybe come December he’ll be on his way back and possibly Sone Aluko too, not sure where he is on his road to recovery.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:14 pm

This is another situation where our squad is tested. It seems there are forces working against us. Ball and Humphries have a chance to step up.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:12 pm

The length of time Evans is our will depend on the grade of MCL tear. Judging by McKenna’s comments it suggests the grade of tear is at least a II to a III, which potentially will be anything up to 6 weeks. The difference between you or I sustaining this type of injury and a professional footballer, will be the medical support and rehab he’s got access too. He already undergoing rehab and concurrent fitness regimes to maintain his over physical body strength/ conditioning, to optimise his fitness so that once the MCL has healed, he’s just back on grass with the ball and building up match fitness.

Good luck Lee and hurry up back.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:00 am

mendipblue wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:14 pm
This is another situation where our squad is tested. It seems there are forces working against us. Ball and Humphries have a chance to step up.
Forces working against us??? ROTFL.

Are you seriously suggesting that we are the only team with a few injuries? Get real!!!

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:55 am

rossi wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:00 am
mendipblue wrote:

Are you seriously suggesting that we are the only team with a few injuries? Get real!!!
If you bothered to read what i wrote you would see I said "it seems" meaning we are just unlucky with the injuries. As to getting real, maybe you should take your own advice? :roll:

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:55 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:55 am
rossi wrote:
mendipblue wrote:

If you bothered to read what i wrote you would see I said "it seems" meaning we are just unlucky with the injuries. As to getting real, maybe you should take your own advice? :roll:
Yes, I did read what you wrote - you wrote "it seems there are forces working against us" (sic)
If you mean that, in your opinion, we are unlucky with injuries, then why don't you say so instead of making a ridiculous connotation that unseen forces have something against the club

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:33 pm

rossi wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:55 pm
mendipblue wrote:
rossi wrote:

Yes, I did read what you wrote - you wrote "it seems there are forces working against us" (sic)
If you mean that, in your opinion, we are unlucky with injuries, then why don't you say so instead of making a ridiculous connotation that unseen forces have something against the club
Never mentioned forces working against the club? You said that. Now that is ridiculous 🤷‍♂️

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:18 pm

if you're inviting the supernatural there was a curse on a goalpost at Portman Road some years back - allegedly

Philip Ham (TWTD) explained it himself at one time or another by stating one goal in front of the North Stand was possessed by evil spirits, causing the team to miss out in play-off opportunities and other high profile games. Instead of the goals needed to win pivotal fixtures or get past opponents the ball would strike that particular goal post instead of finding a way in.

All said, the post was (eventually) removed and fans carried out something of a (amateur) exorcism. Odd thing is after that, the team went on to win promotion to the EPL with Burley and a fifth place top league finish. Just a thought.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:17 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:33 pm
rossi wrote:
mendipblue wrote:

Never mentioned forces working against the club? You said that. Now that is ridiculous 🤷‍♂️
Mendip - you remind me of a sharp needle :wink: . End of convo

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:27 pm

rossi wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:17 pm
mendipblue wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:33 pm
rossi wrote:

Mendip - you remind me of a sharp needle :wink: . End of convo
And you remind me of a end of a bell 🔔 .convo finished. :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:00 am

..”convo finished ”, god, that sounds like a previously banned individual on here.

Hello Derick 👋

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:38 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:00 am
..”convo finished ”, god, that sounds like a previously banned individual on here.

Hello Derick 👋
That had never crossed my mind, Liz, but it just might be

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:52 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:00 am

Hello Derick 👋
Derek? You will have to explain that one. For what it's worth my first name is Harvey.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:59 pm

No wonder you can't see him, he's a giant invisible rabbit.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:39 pm

arana peligrosa wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:59 pm
:lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:48 am

Lol ! :lol: magic mushrooms and all that eh ! :wink:

jimmyt

Post by jimmyt » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:17 pm

arana peligrosa wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:59 pm
If you're talking about the James Stewart film then 'Harvey is a pooka, a benign but mischievous creature from Celtic mythology'.

Quite apt Saint, really......