Towns performance so far this season

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Towns performance so far this season

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:42 am

A stats feast for those that like to number crunch . It makes pretty impressive reading so far !

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23091192.i ... t-2022-23/

AzzurroMark

Re: Towns performance so far this season

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:16 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:42 am
A stats feast for those that like to number crunch . It makes pretty impressive reading so far !

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23091192.i ... t-2022-23/
Have just been reading that article myself Liz, so I'm glad you posted it!
There's certainly lots to back up some fan's views that this is our year and it's hard to argue against that!

Key points I took from there were that;
Of all of our most significant seasons, there is only one time where we have matched this current points (37) tally and that was in 76/77.
Last season's top 8 teams (at this stage) all finished the season in the top 8!

Of course there are cautionary stats too, if I take my blue-tinted glasses off for a second!
Paul Lambert's team in our first league 1 season had only accrued 2 points less at this stage!! :shock:
Also the last 3 seasons, one of the Top 2 teams have faded away! (Hopefully Plymouth this season :lol: ).

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:46 am

Plymouth look likely to lose one or two of their key players soon . Do there’s hope. It’s Sheff Weds that need to slip up a couple of times unfortunately. Can’t see that happening though .

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:28 pm

They've slipped up a few times already Liz so reason why they shouldn't again, Wednesday fans are not overly confident by the looks of it