Lineups for Portsmouth and Buxton

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

shabba

Lineups for Portsmouth and Buxton

Post by shabba » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:47 pm

What do we think the lineups will be, and should be for these games?

I'd personally:

- Burges play 1 game
- Humphreys play both
- Camara play both or at least have minutes
- Greg Leigh hopefully can be fit enough to get some minutes
- Ahadme to play in both games (ideally start)
- See KVY play both games
- Hladkey given both games (not that I think Walton needs dropping)

- Rest JD for either 1 or both games
- Rotate the 10's for both games, hopefully get some goals for them
- Rest Davies even if he is fit

I'll try and pick!

Pompy:

Hladkey

KVY
Keogh
Burges
Leigh

Morsy
Humpreys

Burns
Harness
Edwards

Ahadme

Buxton:

Hladkey

KVY
Keogh
Edmundson
Leigh

Camara
Humpreys

Jackson
Chaplin
Edwards

Ahadme

Not sure on fitness on Leigh as he hasn't made the bench, so might need KVY as LB. Ahadme and Camara should be able to start I'd imagine now.

mendipblue

Re: Lineups for Portsmouth and Buxton

Post by mendipblue » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:44 pm

Against Portsmouth would not play Walton,Donacien, Burgess,Davies, Morsey, Humphries or Burns. Would play Hadalky, Keogh, Edmundson, Kvy, Camara, Jackson, Edwards..Adhadme will start. Mix and match with 10's and youngsters.
Buxton would play roughly the same.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:08 am

Walton made at least one outstanding save at Exeter, however one such instance cannot overlook he's been not his usual high standard at times this season. Unable to pinpoint exactly where the problem lies but we're in a league position where regular goalkeeper errors just can't be allowed. Vaclav doesn't get much game time but featured in a recent Cup tie, guess can be allowed these two games here and see what occurs. Walton can sit it out for a week or two while he gets his head together.

Ladapo seems a certain starter, hard to leave him out but question is who do you pair him with. First instinct would be to hook up with Jackson, Chaplin or Jules. Ahadme and Aluko may seem better suited to the regular attendees but calling it as see it. It'll be 4-2-3-1 for both games with no prize as lead forward but this is a chance for fans to pick THEIR selection, not how the manager sees fit.

Not enough time to pick every player and query formation, there's one or two positions of the field or personnel not as familiar with as others but point being whatever works well with the Portsmouth game then just go ahead and stick with it for the Buxton one thereafter.

Often some of the players wind up in positions they shouldn't be at start of games. Thing is, while it's something you can question, or is a relevant bone of contention, results invariably go our way even with McKenna playing the rotation and system he does. IF they're available, would hope to see say Morsy, Burns and Harness in both fixtures. One or two of those names are or can be pivotal in the team winning and providing encouraging scores and performance.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:57 am

Don’t think Ahadme can play against Portsmouth as he played for Burton earlier in the competition. I assume Edwards is also out of this game due to his sending off at Cambridge.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:58 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:57 am
Don’t think Ahadme can play against Portsmouth as he played for Burton earlier in the competition. I assume Edwards is also out of this game due to his sending off at Cambridge.
Excellent points, well remembered.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:52 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:57 am
Yep good point and that gives maybe a chance for youngsters Abeja and Cherwa?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:22 pm

With only 3 League fixtures in November I think KM will field a strong team against Portsmouth and a weaker team against Buxton in the FA Cup using those players available that played in the previous round against Bracknell. This approach should be enough to win both games and progress in both tournaments, whereas to field too weak a team tomorrow night could ruin the chances of a League and Cup double with an icing on the cake Wembley appearance which for most League One players simply doesn’t happen.

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:31 pm

Gosh, tricky now as KM will want to balance putting out a side which isn’t just kids vs risking more first teamers from an ever depleting squad!

Personally I feel we need to play it safe and protect those left!

Hladky

Kvy
Keogh
Edmundson
Leigh (max 60mins)

Humpreys
Camara

Erm 3x kids!?

Jackson