FA CUP (R2) - Ipswich Town vs Buxton FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Through to the 3rd Round?

Ipswich Win
92%
Buxton Win
8%
Draw
No votes

Total votes: 12

mendipblue

Re: FA CUP (R2) - Ipswich Town vs Buxton FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by mendipblue » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:59 pm

I know we won that comfortably but I still thought are passing and crossing was poor. Goals taken well but we must improve. Watched it on Bet365 which is a first for me. 3rd round anybody at home.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:45 pm

I watched it on www.olesport.tv For free 👍

lucy

Post by lucy » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:50 pm

I really enjoyed the Game. Just slightly worried about Burns with the Knock he took just he went off. I'm hoping it wasn't too serious.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:54 pm

Had half an eye on it as 5-7pm is busy time in the house, Chaplins second was lovely.

Any stand out players? How did Ahadme look?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:13 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:59 pm
I know we won that comfortably but I still thought are passing and crossing was poor. Goals taken well but we must improve. Watched it on Bet365 which is a first for me. 3rd round anybody at home.
We won at a canter but yes our delivery into the box was pretty shocking throughout, 95 times from a 100 it found a Buxton player.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:14 pm

Sounds like the injury curse is still with us. Leigh has to have a scan tomorrow regarding his knee and Camara still has problems with his groin.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:21 pm

Our injury list is a very big concern to me : it’s frankly ridiculous- again! All long term, all significant injuries. This may well affect our promotion push as we enter into the first of two busy fixture periods in our season. Both Camara and Leigh looking like being out . So how many is that now?

Ball
Leigh
Camara
Evans
Aluko
The Arsenal loanee
Harness

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:58 am

It were a very rare occasion where you knew we'd win even before any game were underway. Too bad they can't all be like that but it was something of a pressure free game for the fans particularly once the first and second goals had been achieved. The players would have felt it more on the field naturally but once again the result of today was never was going to be in much way of jeopardy.

Maybe under 10,000 for a home / F.A. Cup fixture were disappointing, i were expecting more of a crowd but the opponents brought some 600 of their own which has to be applauded.

Don't want no big trip to EPL club names in the Third Round draw, another home tie against say our own or League Two status would be ideal. They're doing the next round draw at Anfield tomorrow evening, to what end i don't know why. Just ask for a winnabe tie and feasible passage into Round Four for us, after today you feel we got the capabilities to go on another distance run in the competition for best part of 30 years.

Good to see McKenna take today seriously also, in years past names like McCarthy, Lambert, Cook etc woud field a team of exercise boys and non first-teamers for the most part. I don't think anyone regardless of league or placing would really wish to meet us in the Third Round although may be getting ahead of onself.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:35 pm

Rotherham at home. Meh! Oh well, back to bed

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:30 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:13 pm
mendipblue wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:59 pm
We won at a canter but yes our delivery into the box was pretty shocking throughout, 95 times from a 100 it found a Buxton player.
It certainly was, Mike, and by far the most guilty player was Burns - I know he assisted a goal, but that apart his delivery was quite atrocious. I've said on numerous occasions that I think it's his delivery that will prevent him from ever being a top player, and I stand by that.