Keiran McKenna's First year, interview & stats

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

AzzurroMark

Re: Keiran McKenna's First year, interview & stats

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:04 pm

rossi wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:44 pm
rossi wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:02 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:40 pm

Indeed, but surely you'd agree our club has come a long way in the last year (or so)? Those clubs who are fortunate enough (or aspire) to achieve good things need solid foundations and infrastructure.
Look back at Marcus Evans time at the helm, I will always be grateful for the positive things, but under him, the background staff were filled with people who appeared to have little calibre in footballing terms (based purely on things I have read, as I have no actual knowledge to judge how good or bad any of his internal appointments were), our stadium was woefully neglected, and despite Paul Lambert's earlier attempts to unite the whole fabric of the club, by reaching out to some of our stars of the past and buying drinks, the fanbase was becoming evermore disenfranchised.
You and I are very often poles apart in our views, and believe me, I do still find myself nodding in agreement to some of your points, whether or not I agree with them. However, unless you are commenting on something in the article, I believe I kept it real. To me it was a warming article, we have got a wonderful football club, and yes there are signs that this is becoming an astute and well run club. Quite rightly, we are still in L1, there is no silverware under this current regime, but we do appear to be heading in the right direction.
heading in the right direction? - definitely
Are we close? - IMO, no
The 'keep it real' remark was aimed at the newspaper article, not at what you had written :)
👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:30 pm

rossi wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:47 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:06 pm
Ipswich are 2nd. Season objective was promotion. Thats close.
not at only halfway through the season it's not
You need to make your mind up. Do you want the team challenging…….. or the season shortened?

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:56 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:30 pm
rossi wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:47 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:06 pm
Ipswich are 2nd. Season objective was promotion. Thats close.
not at only halfway through the season it's not
You need to make your mind up. Do you want the team challenging…….. or the season shortened?
I think the meaning of what I said was so obvious that no further explanation is required :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:11 pm

Right……. So you’re just talking about “time” then? Got you. No team in the league is “close” until end of April / May……. Which is indeed both obvious & true. 👍👍

Heff119

Post by Heff119 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:25 pm

has done alright despite spending 2m in summer. hope can hold on to connor in jan, can see someone like preston coming in for him.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:39 am

I’m not sure any of our regular first team squad would be interested ins move away from Town right now. Too much still to play for and all the players appear 100% invested in this Club. Can’t remember the last time that ever happened …. 81 side perhaps? The Club however, might move a player on to make room for someone else they want. That, I could see happening. Player out the door? Edwards, Adehame, KVY….

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:39 am

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:39 am
I’m not sure any of our regular first team squad would be interested ins move away from Town right now. Too much still to play for and all the players appear 100% invested in this Club. Can’t remember the last time that ever happened …. 81 side perhaps? The Club however, might move a player on to make room for someone else they want. That, I could see happening. Player out the door? Edwards, Adehame, KVY….
Edwards and KVY won't be going anywhere. Hladky, Penny, Pigott, Harper and Luongo won't be here when we start next season.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:49 pm

But not many if any of those you mention actually impact on our named 22 for the second half of the season. The object of moving players on in this window, is to remove some who named in the squad surely, to allow us to bring other player(s) in?

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:43 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:49 pm
But not many if any of those you mention actually impact on our named 22 for the second half of the season. The object of moving players on in this window, is to remove some who named in the squad surely, to allow us to bring other player(s) in?
I said thay won't be here next season . Kvy and Edwards won't leave this window.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:27 pm

Penney helping out with a relegation push in Motherwell.