January Transfer Window

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

shabba

Re: January Transfer Window

Post by shabba » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:32 pm

Seriously guys how do you ‘let them go’??

PC will be here on decent wages and injured, who would even take him on a free whilst he is out for most of the season and Match his decent wages?

Sorry but it just seems such a nonsense thing to say.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:02 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:47 pm
Camara is a total sicknote, I've never really understood the signing tbh, very mixed messages from Plymouth fans at the time, time to offload.
Did he have lots of injuries whilst at Plymouth then Mike? I thought he was ever present for them until the summer when he seemed to pick up this groin problem.

It’s better he’s had the op now and gets the rehab over the rest of this season and be ready for next season. He’s a really good player.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:25 pm

Well 'to let them go' maybe a little OTT I agree. I was trying to make a point more on wasted space in the squad and wasted money on a sicknote when places are limited. If money was not an issue I would pay him off purely for that reason.

The real issue is who was the 'berk' who wanted him here and signed him when he was already crocked?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:39 pm

Dazzz67 wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:25 pm
The real issue is who was the 'berk' who wanted him here and signed him when he was already crocked?
It's only groin surgery, Dazz. Surely he can fully recover and be available for the end of the season and beyond. From what I've read about him, he could be worth the punt.

Hallam, do you know anything about groin surgery and recovery? (I'm not joking :lol: )

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:07 pm

To be honest, at the moment we can't carry passengers, it's not even about offloading him, he can be removed from the squad to free up space, he's going to offer nothing this season as it is, if he recovers bring him back in next season.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:29 pm

According to EADT we have room for three senior players as Ball is out for the season surely that's enough.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:39 pm

So, those out for season are : Are the injured players the ones freeing up 3 places, or are some players leaving do we think?

Ball
JJ ( returning to parent club?)
Camara? ( may as well take him out of named squad so we can get someone else in)

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:54 pm

number 9 wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:39 pm
Dazzz67 wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:25 pm
It's only groin surgery, Dazz. Surely he can fully recover and be available for the end of the season and beyond. From what I've read about him, he could be worth the punt.

Hallam, do you know anything about groin surgery and recovery? (I'm not joking :lol: )

Well it’s strange you should ask that question number 9. Coz I was trying to think what a young fit athlete might be troubled with around the hip / groin that could keep him out so long, given that’s he’s apparently already had 2 ops?

If it was a muscle tear I’d expect that to have healed post surgery within a few weeks . If it’s his lower abdominal wall that has a hole in it, this is a common enough procedure to be fixed. That might take more than a few weeks because brcyzde it’s a mixture of muscle attacking fascia. I doubt he’s got arthritis, or ball and docket deformity because he’d not have been playing to the level he was at PAFC…. So that left me with Labrum tear! This is like a cartilaginous “ ring” that is attached around the rim of the acetabulum (socket in pelvis), and it gives depth to the hip socket.

It can get torn in activities/ sport where there’s a lot of deep flexion/ twisting / turning etc. Hockey goal keepers get it, and I suspect midfielders in football could be prone to it.

If it gets torn off the bone or gets a split in it, it won’t heal on its own. The injury will present with “ catching “ or hip “locking” It has to be stitched / glued back onto the bone. Rehab post surgery csn be anywhere from 6-9 months.

It’s anyone’s guess really isn’t it. But Norwood had to have 2 or 3 hip ops didn’t he? Guess We just have to hope it’s muscular.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:58 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:39 pm
So, those out for season are : Are the injured players the ones freeing up 3 places, or are some players leaving do we think?

Ball
Camara? ( may as well take him out of named squad so we can get someone else in]

TOWN'S CURRENT 20-MAN SENIOR SQUAD

Janoi Donacien

Kane Vincent-Young

George Edmundson

Luke Woolfenden

Richard Keogh

Cameron Burgess

Leif Davis

Greg Leigh

Sam Morsy

Dominic Ball (could be deregistered due to injury)

Lee Evans

Panutche Camara (could be deregistered due to injury)

Wes Burns

Kyle Edwards

Conor Chaplin

Sone Aluko

Marcus Harness

Freddie Ladapo

Kayden Jackson

Gassan Ahadme

FIRST-TEAMERS THAT DON'T HAVE TO BE REGISTERED

Christian Walton (keeper)

Vasclav Hladky (keeper)

Cameron Humphreys (19)

Tyreece John-Jules (21)

LOAN PLAYERS THAT CLASS AS 'SENIOR'

Corrie Ndaba (22)

Matt Penney (24)

Idris El Mizouni (22)

Rekeem Harper (22)

Joe Pigott (29)

So we could take 4 senior players if Camara is taken out.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:29 am

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:58 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:39 pm

Ball
Camara? ( may as well take him out of named squad so we can get someone else in]

TOWN'S CURRENT 20-MAN SENIOR SQUAD

Janoi Donacien

Kane Vincent-Young

George Edmundson

Luke Woolfenden

Richard Keogh

Cameron Burgess

Leif Davis

Greg Leigh

Sam Morsy

Dominic Ball (could be deregistered due to injury)

Lee Evans

Panutche Camara (could be deregistered due to injury)

Wes Burns

Kyle Edwards

Conor Chaplin

Sone Aluko

Marcus Harness

Freddie Ladapo

Kayden Jackson

Gassan Ahadme

FIRST-TEAMERS THAT DON'T HAVE TO BE REGISTERED

Christian Walton (keeper)

Vasclav Hladky (keeper)

Cameron Humphreys (19)

Tyreece John-Jules (21)

LOAN PLAYERS THAT CLASS AS 'SENIOR'

Corrie Ndaba (22)

Matt Penney (24)

Idris El Mizouni (22)

Rekeem Harper (22)

Joe Pigott (29)

So we could take 4 senior players if Camara is taken out.
If Ball and Camara are de-registered then we can bring in 4. Maybe we won't need that many. Maybe we'll gamble on Camara being fit for the last 5-10 games and making some kind of impact. Luongo sounds perfect as a half season loan.

Other players to possibly make way to make space if needed?
Ahadme? Wonder if he's better getting a loan elsewhere for the time being. Can't say I'm impressed so far from what I've seen.

Keogh? He came off at HT last week because of a knock. Can his fitness be trusted for a 36 year old? Not sure he's made that much of a positive impact on tbe field. He's running down his playing days and not sure how much he's got left in tbe tan k Might be better on tbe coaching side and bring in a more experienced CB to play alongside our younger CBs.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:02 pm

I’ve said all season we need a CB (probably 2 in all honesty)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:06 am

Exactly !!!,

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:21 am

Happy Christmas everyone ❤️ xx

Mariner67

Post by Mariner67 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:49 pm

Jack Marriott being released in January by Peterborough, he knows where the net is.thoughts?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:18 pm

Is that the JM that used to be a kid st this Club but thought he’d be better off away from PR?

Mariner67

Post by Mariner67 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:40 pm

Went out on loan from what I remember & choose not to come back.hes still got goals in him.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:59 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:18 pm
Is that the JM that used to be a kid st this Club but thought he’d be better off away from PR?
Partly correct Hallam, ......., He was at the club, yes, ---->> but Ipswich themselves thought he'd be better off away from PR. Punted out on loan constantly. He eventually got a tad peed off and left for Luton. Then had some decent success.

I reckon he would definitely be ok for a short stint in the New Year. if anything, to cover possible injuries to anyone currently finding the net. 109 goals in 343 games (wiki) is fairly decent.

----------------------------------------------

2013–2015 Ipswich Town 2 (0)
2013–2014 → Woking (loan) 7 (8)
2014 → Gillingham (loan) 1 (0)
2014 → Woking (loan) 15 (4)
2014 → Carlisle United (loan) 4 (0)
2014–2015 → Woking (loan) 19 (4)
2015 → Colchester United (loan) 5 (1)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:13 pm

No thanks to Marriott, unfit, overweight, has been.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:23 pm

Thanks for that marko. I think whoever we bring in had to be good to go from the off. No time for “getting fit” …. Can’t wait to see who we unveil .

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:54 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:02 pm
I’ve said all season we need a CB (probably 2 in all honesty)
Dead right Liz it's been our Achilles's heel all season so far letting in sloppy defended goals we could have been miles ahead but for this problem, so yes bring in 2 quality CB's and another proven striker

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:40 am

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:13 pm
Jordan Rhodes Mike ????? : :roll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:23 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:40 am
Bluemike wrote:
Not for me Ash, it would hardly be a match made in heaven between Rhodes and the fans after his behaviour since leaving.

If the insistence is there that we need another striker and McKenna goes for one then for me it would be Aaron Collins all day long, splash the cash and go for it properly, I don't want to go back to Town has beens and outcasts, it seldom works anyhow.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:21 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:23 am
ashfordblue wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
Not for me Ash, it would hardly be a match made in heaven between Rhodes and the fans after his behaviour since leaving.

If the insistence is there that we need another striker and McKenna goes for one then for me it would be Aaron Collins all day long, splash the cash and go for it properly, I don't want to go back to Town has beens and outcasts, it seldom works anyhow.
Yes, I believe, as I posted in the ITFC v PFC thread, that we need to make sure we go all out to get, even if it is just a solitary marquee signing, that player who will make the difference.
However for me, while we do struggle in front of goal (something that may well prove costly). Personally if we can cut out even 50% of the silly goals we concede, then we will go up. Therefore for me a new CB must be the first through the door!
I guess it's a strange conundrum really! How many points may we have gained if we had a watertight defence who could see games out? I can think of our 2 most important games, away at Plymouth and Wednesday, where I believe a draw and a win respectively would've had us sitting a point clear at the top, and the Owls 4 points behind us (2 points lost for Plymouth an extra point gained for us, and 1 lost for Wednesday 2 gained for us), if my maths serves me correctly! All that without a single extra goal being scored! On the flip side of the coin, with that reliable goal scorer, perhaps that extra goal here and there would've seen us win games which we ended up drawing or losing!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:47 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:21 pm
Yes, I believe, as I posted in the ITFC v PFC thread, that we need to make sure we go all out to get, even if it is just a solitary marquee signing, that player who will make the difference.
However for me, while we do struggle in front of goal (something that may well prove costly). Personally if we can cut out even 50% of the silly goals we concede, then we will go up. Therefore for me a new CB must be the first through the door!
I guess it's a strange conundrum really! How many points may we have gained if we had a watertight defence who could see games out? I can think of our 2 most important games, away at Plymouth and Wednesday, where I believe a draw and a win respectively would've had us sitting a point clear at the top, and the Owls 4 points behind us (2 points lost for Plymouth an extra point gained for us, and 1 lost for Wednesday 2 gained for us), if my maths serves me correctly! All that without a single extra goal being scored! On the flip side of the coin, with that reliable goal scorer, perhaps that extra goal here and there would've seen us win games which we ended up drawing or losing!
Personally reckon both are at fault equally, even though the club sit high. (Its not a whinge; its a discussion about attack & defence)

Example in recent weeks.

Attack: 32 shots, 14 on target ——->> zero goals
Defence: 3 shots, 2 on target ——->> 1 goal.
(Cant remember the game but it was the most annoying so far this season)

Both at fault, and agree with most ——>> decent striker, decent CB

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:46 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:23 am
ashfordblue wrote:
Bluemike wrote:

God I’d hope we’d be looking at better than Rhodes or Wickham now. They’re yesterdays news and frankly not on the same level as the rest of our squad.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:33 pm

I see he is tarnished........., loan to Norwich City in 2019. Didn't know that. 6 goals. Not good AT ALL! :lol:

Do still chuckle at this though. 2009 King Roy says --->> "No good"

And then:
2009 - 2012Huddersfield Town 124 (73)
2012–2016 Blackburn Rovers 159 (83)

:lol: Nice one, Roy.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:34 am

Swansea based Town fan says on twtd that Swansea have no interest in keeping Whittaker and are strapped for cash. So bringing him back to the club might signal a sale . They also (apparently) still owe us a sizeable amount of money from Downes deal. So maybe a deal might be struck here for Whittaker?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:39 am

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:53 pm

Don't see the point in that player

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:58 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:34 am
Swansea based Town fan says on twtd that Swansea have no interest in keeping Whittaker and are strapped for cash. So bringing him back to the club might signal a sale . They also (apparently) still owe us a sizeable amount of money from Downes deal. So maybe a deal might be struck here for Whittaker?
If there is foundation behind this, then prising Whittaker away from his Plymouth loan could throw a spanner in their works.
I see that Plymouth have added to their strike force already -
"Argyle have fought off strong interest from a number of clubs, including Championship sides, to secure the signing of New Zealand international Ben Waine"
It seems that this player has been on their radar for about a year, so perhaps should not be seen as replacement, more just strengthening their team.