League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Oxford United Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Can we turn dominance into points?

Ipswich Win
69%
Oxford Win
6%
Draw
25%

Total votes: 16

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Oxford United Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:22 pm

The thing is Liz, for bloody years now I've been fed the excuse that the players need to lift the crowd but they don't, now we have another excuse in that they are nervous, in the last Two home games against Peterborough and Oxford we have gone ahead and played well and yet the crowd has by and large been poor. There never seems to be any pleasing them, I tell you this, the Pompey crowd will be deafening come what may.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:47 pm

I thought the crowd were very quiet for the majority of the game yesterday. Even when we were well on top there seemed to be a lack of enthusiasm to get behind the team. Even after the final whistle went and the players came over to the SBRL a lot of fans seemed to be more interested in getting out of the ground quick.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:56 pm

Go easy guys, I imagine half the crowd were one more pig in blanket away from a full blown food coma, and the other half were likely nursing a nasty egg nog induced hangover!