FA Cup 4th Round Draw - Town v Burnley

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: FA Cup 4th Round Draw - Town v Burnley

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:06 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:02 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:55 pm
Home draw is excellent 👍

An EPL / Championship yo-yo club (of late) even at half strength would be a great test. And no buses will be parked……. Should be a great open game.

Win though ——>> Midweek trips to Turf Moor would be a pain in the az. And a 510 mile round trip for Ipswich based fans. :shock:
From my front door to Turf Moor its a 470 mile round trip :shock:
Just shows how much of an outcrop into the Nth Sea East Angular is!!
Talking from experience any trip to Turf Moor whenever it might be is a pain in the az. :lol:
Thats strange you saying that. Got a buddy (wee Mick, celtic tw@t :lol: ) ….. he said a Celtic Burnley clash back in the day @ TM was horrific. :lol:

By the way…….. wee mick also says he’s been to Portman Rd for a celtic v ipswich game…… 70s?
Were you at this?
I hope ipswich managed to stuff the weegie bucket rakin bstds!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:14 pm

Search says 1976…… ipswich @ parkhead and win 2-1

Mick was at PR 1981, Celtic win 3-2. He also said, “nice family club, my arse!!” Some Town fans wanted to go squarego-ing! :lol:

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:18 pm

We played Celtic in 81 at Portman Road for Allan Hunter’s testimonial. Wasn’t at the game due to work but if I remember correctly the floodlights went out during the game. Celtic won 3-2.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:20 pm

My only trip to Turf Moor resulted in the f**king car tyres sinking into the mud in the car park, attendants etc helping with wooden planks to get us out, I got bloody covered in mud with the spinning tyres as I tried to push the bloody thing out, sh*t hole of a place.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:22 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:20 pm
My only trip to Turf Moor resulted in the f**king car tyres sinking into the mud in the car park, attendants etc helping with wooden planks to get us out, I got bloody covered in mud with the spinning tyres as I tried to push the bloody thing out, sh*t hole of a place.
Mike, did they have those benches to sit on when you went? Thought I was going to get a splinter in my backside. :lol: Been there a couple of times and not in a hurry to rush back.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:39 pm

Bluemike wrote:
You know how you can type an lol or add a :lol: , but you only really just chuckle. Well I bellowed out loud at this. You paint a very clear picture :lol: :lol: :lol:

It wouldn't have bothered you in the quaint Angus town of Forfar. :D

Side note......, did you know the hedgefkwits are played 18 W16 D2 in the Highland league. Possibly getting back into the league for some hard as nails 'Gus derbies

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:54 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:22 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Mike, did they have those benches to sit on when you went? Thought I was going to get a splinter in my backside. :lol: Been there a couple of times and not in a hurry to rush back.
Yes !!!! Bloody awful

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:55 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:39 pm
Bluemike wrote:
You know how you can type an lol or add a :lol: , but you only really just chuckle. Well I bellowed out loud at this. You paint a very clear picture :lol: :lol: :lol:

It wouldn't have bothered you in the quaint Angus town of Forfar. :D

Side note......, did you know the hedgefkwits are played 18 W16 D2 in the Highland league. Possibly getting back into the league for some hard as nails 'Gus derbies
LMAO, that's exactly how it was, the girl I went with was never gonna get herself all muddy so stayed sat in the f**king car lol 😆

Yes I've been following the hedgetrimmers, can't see them beating Albion lmao

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:36 am

Tires.

Took a view of their Bee Hole (what the f*ck) fans forum to ascertain opinion following the draw and got to admit was kind of disappointed with their view of us. Not only do many see as quote ' a sh*t draw' but general consensus being one of they'll win easily and we pose no credible challenge to them.

Best way to answer the critics there is to dispose of them next round and shove opinion back up their as*. Simple thing here is it's a winnable tie for us, Portman Road is or can be a formidable venue once again for opposing teams irrespective of league opposition. Fifth Round action comes around for us often as a bear shits in a toilet but got to imagine this is an opportunity here to make it through.

Got to realize, if we win, we're in the last sixteen of competition. That's something of a minimal number, after that, all things are possible.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:36 am

arana peligrosa wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:36 am
Tires.
Nope. Not on this side o' the pond, dude.

......, and starting with shortest, then middle, then longest, (like all the world do) ----->> its DAY / MONTH / YEAR....... FFS! :twisted:

9/11? I'm forever asking people what the hell happened on the 9th of November, 2001. Turns out, fk all happened.

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:02 am

arana peligrosa wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:36 am
Tires.

Took a view of their Bee Hole (what the f*ck) fans forum to ascertain opinion following the draw and got to admit was kind of disappointed with their view of us. Not only do many see as quote ' a sh*t draw' but general consensus being one of they'll win easily and we pose no credible challenge to them.

Best way to answer the critics there is to dispose of them next round and shove opinion back up their as*. Simple thing here is it's a winnable tie for us, Portman Road is or can be a formidable venue once again for opposing teams irrespective of league opposition. Fifth Round action comes around for us often as a bear shits in a toilet but got to imagine this is an opportunity here to make it through.

Got to realize, if we win, we're in the last sixteen of competition. That's something of a minimal number, after that, all things are possible.
No, Saint, tyres - a British invention by John Boyd Dunlop in 1888.

Yet another English word that has been taken and bastardised into US English by Americans who couldn't get their heads around the peculiarities of the English language they chose to adopt. :wink:

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:05 am

Well, I was hoping for a prem club, but this draw is definitely the next best thing.

Burnley are flying high in the Championship and playing attractive football. This will be a really good test for us, and I really would not be surprised if we win.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:39 pm

rossi wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:05 am
Well, I was hoping for a prem club, but this draw is definitely the next best thing.

Burnley are flying high in the Championship and playing attractive football. This will be a really good test for us, and I really would not be surprised if we win.

Not if they play like they did in the first half at Bournemouth on Saturday when they looked awesome. Vincent Kompany has them
playing just like Manchester City and scoring goals for fun. If we go head to head with them I think we’ll do well not to get thumped, but one thing for sure it will be entertaining and exciting. Much better than playing one of the Prem Teams in the relegation zone.