Cam Humphreys video

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Cam Humphreys video

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:27 pm

shabba

Re: Can Humphreys video

Post by shabba » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:40 pm

Certainly a top talent, hopefully he can get minutes but not be depended on for starts every week like he was - as I think that wouldn’t have been good in the long run.

Hopefully we can keep him for sometime and he can grow with the club.

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:27 pm

Part of me wonders if he will end us as our number 10? He can pick a pass, has an eye for a goal and is comfortable on the ball. Chaplin could play left, Broadhead right and Cam centrally (long term).

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:23 pm

Town doing the right thing by giving Cameron Humphreys a new deal, I expect it's just more money but it's deserved he is going to the top I have no doubt.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:10 pm

Here's the story...
Blues midfielder Cameron Humphreys has signed a new three-and-a-half-year deal with the club having an option for a further season.

The 19-year-old only penned a new three-year contract in June but the academy product has made significant progress this season and as a result was offered extended terms which run to the summer of 2026 and has committed his future to the club.

“I’m really happy to sign a new contract here,” Humphreys told iFollow Ipswich. “The manager spoke to me about it after I had a bit of a run in the team. He congratulated me and said I deserved a reward which comes in the form of a new contract.

“It was a bit of a surprise having only just signed one but I know that there is so much more hard work to come.

“It was really nice that the club came to me with the deal and hopefully I can repay them now with performances on the pitch.”

Town CEO Mark Ashton added: “We’re delighted that Cameron has signed another new deal at the club.

“While he is young and still has a lot of development to come, Cameron is a fine example of what can be achieved within the pathway that our academy creates.

“This contract is a deserved reward, not just for his footballing talent, but also for his hard work and the humility he has continued to show this year.”

Humphreys, who has been with the club since he was seven, made his debut in the Carabao Cup tie against Newport last season, then made a further three sub appearances during 2021/22.

This season, he has become a regular member of the first-team squad and has now made 15 starts and five sub appearances, scoring three goals.

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:14 pm

This is fantastic and exactly the right way to treat young talent who are proving their worth, well done Ipswich.