League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Seems like a bit of a must win?

Ipswich Win
15
88%
Morecombe Win
1
6%
Draw
1
6%
 
Total votes: 17

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 26911
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:58 pm

Donacien

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 26911
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:00 pm

:Besides, I'm 60 years old in May and do 8.5 hours work every day, 90 mins !!!! Pfftt

shabba
Posts: 1227
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by shabba » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:01 pm

Well certainly some changes tonight then! Big opportunity for Keogh and Edmundson, KM saying ‘go on then boys take your chance’, can’t say it’s a surprise given how leaky we have been. My Blackpool contact was constantly saying how good Keogh was, we haven’t fully seen that yet but let’s see.

Glad to see Broadhead start as would like a good look at him. Also a chance for Freddie to battle for the number 9 slot.

Cabanas Blue
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 am

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Cabanas Blue » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:03 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:00 pm
:Besides, I'm 60 years old in May and do 8.5 hours work every day, 90 mins !!!! Pfftt
I'm 76 and do F/all.😒

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 2445
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:48 pm

1-0 Ladapo

Cabanas Blue
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 am

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Cabanas Blue » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:49 pm

Freddie great start from a corner.

Cabanas Blue
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 am

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Cabanas Blue » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:52 pm

Broadhead looking sharp.
Last edited by Cabanas Blue on Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 2445
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:52 pm

Off the post from Evans

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 2445
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:57 pm

Liking the look of Harry Clarke going forward.

Cabanas Blue
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 am

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Cabanas Blue » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:02 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:57 pm
Liking the look of Harry Clarke going forward.
Agree, I would like another goal before HT.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 2445
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:02 pm

2-0 Ladapo again, great assist from Broadhead.
Last edited by AzzurroMark on Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cabanas Blue
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 am

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Cabanas Blue » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:03 pm

Lovely goal Ladapo.

Dazzz67
Posts: 1326
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:36 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:03 pm

What an awesome finish from Freddie!

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 2445
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:04 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:02 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:57 pm
Liking the look of Harry Clarke going forward.
Agree, I would like another goal before HT.
You got it :D :D :D

User avatar
Mauswara
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:15 am

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Mauswara » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:05 pm

2-0 is a dangerous score

Dazzz67
Posts: 1326
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:36 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:05 pm

Agree with you guys, promising start from Clarke, looking good, and Broadhead getting in to.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 21971
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:06 pm

Doffing one's cap to Bluemike whilst eating some humble pie......., Freddie Lapa-Zico!

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 16455
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:07 pm

OMG what a great start, we could so easily have scored 3 in the first 5 mins although we also nearly gifted them an equaliser too. I had no idea Morecambe had scored 9 goals in their previous 3 games, shame it couldn’t have been us.

Ladapo really looks up for it tonight and Nathan Broadhead looks sharp too. I’m a little concerned with our CB pairing but I guess McKenna has to try something different. Harry Clarke looks another good signing.

Wow, No 2 for Ladapo

Happy days

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 21971
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:08 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:07 pm
OMG what a great start, we could so easily have scored 3 in the first 5 mins although we also nearly gifted them an equaliser too. I had no idea Morecambe had scored 9 goals in their previous 3 games, shame it couldn’t have been us.

Ladapo really looks up for it tonight and Nathan Broadhead looks sharp too. I’m a little concerned with our CB pairing but I guess McKenna has to try something different. Harry Clarke looks another good signing.

Wow, No 2 for Ladapo

Happy days
Yep..... doffing cap to him too. Showing balls of steel to recognise things

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 5220
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:13 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:06 pm
Doffing one's cap to Bluemike whilst eating some humble pie......., Freddie Lapa-Zico!
It’s about time! Broadhead with the assist btw, not a defender.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 16455
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:16 pm

Whilst Ladapo’s first goal looked an easy tap in we have players who could have hoofed it over the bar, his second was brilliantly taken from a tight angle and more often would be struck past the far post. I so much want him to score a hat trick . Come on Freddie you show em & MnKenna please don’t drop him if he does.

What a difference it makes with Leif Davis taking set pieces, we must have scored more goals from his corners so far this season than from corners in a complete season for years.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 21971
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:16 pm

Come on, Zico...... first half hatrick, saaaaaaan!

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 2445
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:19 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:16 pm
Whilst Ladapo’s first goal looked an easy tap in we have players who could have hoofed it over the bar, his second was brilliantly taken from a tight angle and more often would be struck past the far post. I so much want him to score a hat trick . Come on Freddie you show em & MnKenna please don’t drop him if he does.

What a difference it makes with Leif Davis taking set pieces, we must have scored more goals from his corners so far this season than from corners in a complete season for years.
Not forgetting the Celina-esque through ball from Broadhead.
Last edited by AzzurroMark on Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 16455
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:19 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:13 pm
marko69 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:06 pm
Doffing one's cap to Bluemike whilst eating some humble pie......., Freddie Lapa-Zico!
It’s about time! Broadhead with the assist btw, not a defender.
It was indeed No9, but it was the quality of the delivery from the corner that created the opportunity.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 5220
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:19 pm

How’s our defense doing? Following match via text

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 16455
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:22 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:19 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:16 pm
Whilst Ladapo’s first goal looked an easy tap in we have players who could have hoofed it over the bar, his second was brilliantly taken from a tight angle and more often would be struck past the far post. I so much want him to score a hat trick . Come on Freddie you show em & MnKenna please don’t drop him if he does.

What a difference it makes with Leif Davis taking set pieces, we must have scored more goals from his corners so far this season than from corners in a complete season for years.
Not forgetting the Celina-esque through ball from Broadhead.
I was referring to the opening goal from the corner in the 1st minute not the second.

Dazzz67
Posts: 1326
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:36 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:23 pm

It's doing ok, im not convinced with Edmundson though, think Clarke is a strong contender to taking Donaciens place, good effort and link up play on the RHS, getting stuck in with bags of effort.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 16455
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:24 pm

Some of Evans long passes are awesome especially at this level of the game.

Cabanas Blue
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 am

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Cabanas Blue » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:24 pm

I would think JD will be worried the way Clarke is playing.

3-0 get in.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 5220
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Morecambe FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:26 pm

3-0 f*ck yeah!!!!

Post Reply