League 1 - Cambridge United vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Should be winnable?

Cambridge Win
No votes
Ipswich Win
89%
Draw
11%

Total votes: 19

mendipblue

Re: League 1 - Cambridge United vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by mendipblue » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:18 pm

rossi wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:56 pm
rossi wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:19 pm
anyway, as for the prediction - I think Bolton, Derby, and Sheff Wed will all win, meaning that Plymouth will get no points.

Sadly, I cannot see beyond a draw for us, hope I'm wrong.
It give me no pleasure at all, but correct on all counts.

Yet another monumental f*ck-up from KM, and yet listening to him on the car radio he's blaming the players and everybody else apart from himself.

I've had enough of him - he might be a good coach but he's an absolute crap manager. He's been backed by his board better than any other manager in this league, yet he still doesn't seem to know either his best team or his best formation.

I think he will be sacked as soon as it's confirmed we will be spending yet another season in this crap league.

So I'll say it first - KM OUT
Did you watch the game today? Yes/No? Obviously not.
He won't be sacked if we fail to get promoted. Even for you that is a ridiculous statement. 🙄
There were far to many players not at it today, no manager on the planet can plan for that.
Stop dining out on Town's short Cummings. (Abuse alert ⚠️)

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:19 pm

Championship you’re having a laugh.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:54 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:18 pm
rossi wrote:
rossi wrote:
anyway, as for the prediction - I think Bolton, Derby, and Sheff Wed will all win, meaning that Plymouth will get no points.

Yet another monumental f*ck-up from KM, and yet listening to him on the car radio he's blaming the players and everybody else apart from himself.

I've had enough of him - he might be a good coach but he's an absolute crap manager. He's been backed by his board better than any other manager in this league, yet he still doesn't seem to know either his best team or his best formation.

I think he will be sacked as soon as it's confirmed we will be spending yet another season in this crap league.

Did you watch the game today? Yes/No? Obviously not.
He won't be sacked if we fail to get promoted. Even for you that is a ridiculous statement. 🙄
There were far to many players not at it today, no manager on the planet can plan for that.
Yes, certainly would be a “back to the drawing board” moment if Kieron and his philosophies are booted out the door. Was always under the impression that the club were “lucky” to have him? Strongly believe the club still are……. Its like you say Mendip; can’t account for players on/off displays.

Suppose in Rossi’s defence though……. He’s not really been onboard with kMcK from the start so in his eyes, its turning to shyte as he’s predicted. Emphasising “in his eyes” as its not everyones view.
Time will tell.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:45 pm

The activity heat area shown in the link I posted earlier is underlined by this TWTD’s poster’s comments ……

DaGremloid added 17:16 - Feb 4
Simply not good enough. This is partly the result of resting/rotating the team – they just don’t seem to be match sharp. But that’s not the only problem. In the past 3 months we have done nothing but prat around with the ball in our own half and showing a really irritating reluctance to shoot. Pass it backwards, pass it sideways, pass it around amongst the defenders and the goalkeeper...and this when we’re drawing or losing! I’m getting sick of it. Run at the bloody opposition – we scored when we did that today. Run at defenders – draw a foul – shoot! No wonder we hardly ever get a penalty – we never run at defenders in the box!

I’ve always backed McKenna and I’m not one calling for his head but there are worrying signs tactically and in team selection. Maybe his inexperience is starting to show a little? The players themselves need to look in the mirror though – I mean what’s happened to Morsy and Evans for example? They used to be the engine room but Morsy in particular seems to have gone off the boil. We should probably cut Evans some slack because of his injury lay-off, but that isn’t doing us any favours while we’re pushing for promotion.

And I’m also sick to death of some people continually blaming the referee every time we lose or draw. Really? Do you honestly believe there is some vendetta against Ipswich among the referees? We shouldn’t need to be worrying about the odd poor decision anyway. If we’re as good as some make out with our ‘best squad in the league’ we should be well out of sight each game before it matters.

Oh well. At least we’ve got the FA Cup...

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:26 pm

just seen this on twitter - we haven't won a 3pm Saturday kickoff since October 8th the results were LDDLDLD

that is shocking…. And frankly it’s mid-table form!

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:40 pm

Think what you may of KMc but in my eyes he's a massive improvement over the four Pauls.

Rome wasn't built in a day, Keep the faith, etc.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:43 pm

Those Lambo days were amongst the worst.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:22 am

Well not long home from a lovely time in Cambridge, with the exception of the football that is. Frankly today was unacceptable in every way. The first half was pitiful, not a single player came out of it with any credit, Walton at a push.

Yes the second half was a massive improvement but it could only be better, we got the subs right as Davis was absolute Garbage, Evans non existent too, Edmundson was back to his normal error strewn self, Burns woeful delivery, Chaplin anonymous and it seriously took me 30 minutes to realise Broadhead was even on the pitch.

The second half was much better but still not good enough, Edwards changed the game and actually ran at players and got good delivery into the box, Freddie had a good second half and was my MOTM, his goal was a lovely finish, amazing what good service can do for a striker, people need to get off his back as there are far more liabilities in the team than him, the rest of the strikers were a joke, Wtf does Hirst bring while Broadhead and Chaplin looked crap.

Coming out of the stadium after the game some Cambridge fans said to me we will go up, quite what they watched f*ck knows tbh. I'm getting concerned about Mckenna as we are making too many poor starts to matches, we get team selection wrong and are very one dimensional.

Next week is a must win (again), should we achieve it its very much game on again but play like we did today we'll have no chance, it could have been a four point gap to the Top Two but we f*cked it again. I'm starting to doubt we have the balls to go up and failure to do so with this squad and the backing we have would be a serious question mark where McKenna is concerned. We keep saying the same old sh*te after every game. Very frustrated tonight, thankfully the Indian, wine, hotel etc was fab, maybe the footy is becoming an unnecessary chore.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:39 am

Mauswara wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:40 pm
Think what you may of KMc but in my eyes he's a massive improvement over the four Pauls.

Totally agree with this. If it was down to some modern day fans we'd never have given Bobby Robson the time to put this club on the map like he did. I believe his first 2 years at this club were not exactly great for him.

Yes, I was depressed with today's result, yes I feel that automatic promotion is looking tougher by the day, but I feel even more depressed reading some of our "fans" opinions, some of it borne out of years of frustration I know! KM, like Bobby Robson was, is young, he will make mistakes, and in the long run will learn from them. We are very lucky to have him. This though seems endemic in football, and while questioning things is not wrong, I personally think some of these fans deserve the dull football of a Mick McCarthy type manager.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:53 am

rossi wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:32 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:23 pm
https://www.sofascore.com/camb

If you look towards the bottom of the page in this link and tap on the various circles( players) it shows the areas where those players were most active during the hsve .

Our strikers are rarely in the opposition box.

Our midfielders : defenders play most of the game in our half or around half way line.

Burns was our biggest attacking outlet ( but his crosses were crap)

Edwards ( our most effective second half attacking outlet) we decided not to pass too after we’d equalised…. Why?

We might have lots of possession but it’s rarely a threat . And it’s clear we from these graphics of this game we rarely were a threat in their goal area… I’d suggest this heat distribution could be typical for a lot of our games. And WHERE we play our possession football is ineffective and threatens the opposition the least, and that is why I call it tippy tappy football , because achieves nothing!

Questions:
1) How can our strikers rarely be in the opponents box !!
2) Were VERY lopsided in our attacking outlet - mostly Burns. He’s been sussed in that he’s heavily marked . His crosses by and large were ineffective / poor. There was no other outlet until Edwards came on. We used him up until we scored, then rarely after that, Why? …instead we pissed around with the ball on the half way line of up the their box and either lost possession or recycled the ball . Edwards was crying out for the pass , so why didn’t we give it to him or god forbid take a bloody shot?
3) We rarely make the opposition GK work , in any game , why?
All very good questions, Liz, and I think they ought to be addressed to our manager.

Manager? In my opinion, he couldn't manage a quick sh*t.

Quote from KM's post match interview "we need to put it right next week".
He's a parrot, how many weeks this season have we heard that? He seems to learn nothing.
On the St Mirren forum we have an Ignore button. How good would that be on this site ?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:03 am

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:39 am
….but I feel even more depressed reading some of our "fans" opinions,….
Most of your post is spot on and in particular that part quoted.
Disclaimer; not this site, yet….. (well, apart from Rossi who did say he’d start it, and then did) ….. but ventured over to that TWTD site. Wow. Jaysus H. Its almost like it could become impossible for Kieron.
Really hope the club as a whole try and steer clear of these social media sites. Thats a proper noose around the necks of everyone.
Give the current regime a chance for goodness sake. Eddie Howe, (at the time, younger than Kieron) wasn’t an instant guru, (and still isnt, drawing @ home with a squillion dollar team to West Ham) …… it all takes time.

I think part of Bluemikes post points to the issue. Players not playing to their full potential. Some of them need to take a long hard look in the mirror and their ATM mini statement……. Do BETTER what you’re paid well to do.

And KMcK ……. Be a bit more like Kompany in the changing rooms……., put some force into that metaphorical steel toecap to the ringpiece of some of these dudes.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:54 am

I’ve supported KM from the start, but I’m beginning to wonder if the players take him seriously. Dyche comes into Everton and has them beat the Prem lg table toppers yet we can’t beat Cambridge in a very important match we should have won. KM needs to have a plan B cuz his tactics just ain’t bringing the results. I’m not in the fire KM camp yet, but figure this sh*t out quickly!

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:03 am

Passions running high here, I see. It was a very disappointing display, certainly, but I’m not at all persuaded that the increasing pessimism is justified. We have been terribly inconsistent, but I think we are putting together enough decent performances to feel confident we will end the season in the top two. Consistency is what is needed, and I think we’ll find it.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:07 am

AzzurroMark wrote:
Mauswara wrote:

Totally agree with this. If it was down to some modern day fans we'd never have given Bobby Robson the time to put this club on the map like he did. I believe his first 2 years at this club were not exactly great for him.

Yes, I was depressed with today's result, yes I feel that automatic promotion is looking tougher by the day, but I feel even more depressed reading some of our "fans" opinions, some of it borne out of years of frustration I know! KM, like Bobby Robson was, is young, he will make mistakes, and in the long run will learn from them. We are very lucky to have him. This though seems endemic in football, and while questioning things is not wrong, I personally think some of these fans deserve the dull football of a Mick McCarthy type manager.
raw “ manager” who will learn on the job. It’s a steep learning curve for him. But he is more than capable of doing just that, “learn”! He is an outstanding coach.

McKenna needs to reflect on his current approach snd importantly he prepared to move away from his current strategy (because it isn’t working). He had to adapt to League One. His current approach will be much better suited to championship/ PL. but it’s not suitable for s lot of matches in league one.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:08 am

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:53 am
rossi wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:32 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:23 pm
https://www.sofascore.com/camb

If you look towards the bottom of the page in this link and tap on the various circles( players) it shows the areas where those players were most active during the hsve .

Our strikers are rarely in the opposition box.

Our midfielders : defenders play most of the game in our half or around half way line.

Burns was our biggest attacking outlet ( but his crosses were crap)

Edwards ( our most effective second half attacking outlet) we decided not to pass too after we’d equalised…. Why?

We might have lots of possession but it’s rarely a threat . And it’s clear we from these graphics of this game we rarely were a threat in their goal area… I’d suggest this heat distribution could be typical for a lot of our games. And WHERE we play our possession football is ineffective and threatens the opposition the least, and that is why I call it tippy tappy football , because achieves nothing!

Questions:
1) How can our strikers rarely be in the opponents box !!
2) Were VERY lopsided in our attacking outlet - mostly Burns. He’s been sussed in that he’s heavily marked . His crosses by and large were ineffective / poor. There was no other outlet until Edwards came on. We used him up until we scored, then rarely after that, Why? …instead we pissed around with the ball on the half way line of up the their box and either lost possession or recycled the ball . Edwards was crying out for the pass , so why didn’t we give it to him or god forbid take a bloody shot?
3) We rarely make the opposition GK work , in any game , why?
All very good questions, Liz, and I think they ought to be addressed to our manager.

Manager? In my opinion, he couldn't manage a quick sh*t.

Quote from KM's post match interview "we need to put it right next week".
He's a parrot, how many weeks this season have we heard that? He seems to learn nothing.
On the St Mirren forum we have an Ignore button. How good would that be on this site ?
VR, I thought TB’s did have an ignore button ! Not that I’ve ever used it 🤷‍♀️

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:16 am

marko69 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:03 am
AzzurroMark wrote:
….but I feel even more depressed reading some of our "fans" opinions,….
Most of your post is spot on and in particular that part quoted.
Disclaimer; not this site, yet….. (well, apart from Rossi who did say he’d start it, and then did) ….. but ventured over to that TWTD site. Wow. Jaysus H. Its almost like it could become impossible for Kieron.
Really hope the club as a whole try and steer clear of these social media sites. Thats a proper noose around the necks of everyone.
Give the current regime a chance for goodness sake. Eddie Howe, (at the time, younger than Kieron) wasn’t an instant guru, (and still isnt, drawing @ home with a squillion dollar team to West Ham) …… it all takes time.

I think part of Bluemikes post points to the issue. Players not playing to their full potential. Some of them need to take a long hard look in the mirror and their ATM mini statement……. Do BETTER what you’re paid well to do.

And KMcK ……. Be a bit more like Kompany in the changing rooms……., put some force into that metaphorical steel toecap to the ringpiece of some of these dudes.
Marko, it ALWAYS comes down to the players on the pitch . Yesterday just where the fuc k were they in that game? No intensity, no desire to get up that pitch and really “have a go”. Instead they p*ss around with it in our own half tippy tappy passing , achieving nothing. Start of 2nd half Edwards comes in a RUNS AT Cambridge and the opposition can’t handle him. We get the equaliser and then inexplicably Town players stop giving him the bloody ball. That wasn’t down to a KmK instruction I’m sure.

Burns was that ineffective yesterday he may as well not have been on the pitch . I’d have taken him off and had Smith there , in front of Donacian.

The only time our strikers were effective was early second half because we got the ball to them, and weren’t pissing around with the ball in our half or on the half way line.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:24 am

AzzurroMark wrote:
Mauswara wrote:

Mark, some fans comments are indeed ridiculous, I'm certainly not calling for his head, however the fact remains he isn't the Messiah we hoped and most thought he was, he's making mistakes which is fine to a point but not really learning from them which isn't fine at all. Someone made the point that he still doesn't really know his best Eleven and that is valid, just look at Ladapo, not rotated nearly as much recently and is turning in decent performances and banging in goals, its hardly rocket science, every time Eswards comes on he looks bright, creative and sharp, no doubt he'll be benched for Sheff Wed, I just think at times KM is making it very hard for himself.

As for yesterday, why weren't the players fired up for it ? It's down to the manager to instill that fire in their bellies, he did it at HT, too little to late I'm afraid.

It's a miracle to me that despite this poor run a win weekend will see us a mere Three points off top Two, for me that makes it even worse, we've chucked so many points away It's bordering on suicide, we are mentally weak when it comes to the nitty gritty. Hallam is correct, McKenna will probably excel in the Championship with his brand of Football, sadly we aren't there and not likely to be while he continues to mess it up.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:33 am

I see Keogh is the latest player to come out with the usual post match BS.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:48 am

Yeah saw that Tony, "we will assess what we could have done better" f*ck me we have a game Tuesday, with so much to assess we'll probably miss the cup game. Same old bollocks, i predict next Saturday evening its Sam Morsys turn.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:44 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:24 am
AzzurroMark wrote:
Mauswara wrote:

Mark, some fans comments are indeed ridiculous, I'm certainly not calling for his head, however the fact remains he isn't the Messiah we hoped and most thought he was, he's making mistakes which is fine to a point but not really learning from them which isn't fine at all. Someone made the point that he still doesn't really know his best Eleven and that is valid, just look at Ladapo, not rotated nearly as much recently and is turning in decent performances and banging in goals, its hardly rocket science, every time Eswards comes on he looks bright, creative and sharp, no doubt he'll be benched for Sheff Wed, I just think at times KM is making it very hard for himself.

As for yesterday, why weren't the players fired up for it ? It's down to the manager to instill that fire in their bellies, he did it at HT, too little to late I'm afraid.

It's a miracle to me that despite this poor run a win weekend will see us a mere Three points off top Two, for me that makes it even worse, we've chucked so many points away It's bordering on suicide, we are mentally weak when it comes to the nitty gritty. Hallam is correct, McKenna will probably excel in the Championship with his brand of Football, sadly we aren't there and not likely to be while he continues to mess it up.
Certainly cannot argue with any of that Mike, always well balanced comments. I always had that niggling doubt, as with last season, that putting a "spanner in our works" would be like winning a cup final for Cambridge. Do you think our players have that dangerous arrogance about them where they believe the hype of how good they and the team are? Where they feel all they have to do is turn up and the other team will roll over? If so, yes some of that should come back to the manager's door. The thing I find hard is that all the teams around us are doing so well and rarely seem to be offering us a chink of light by dropping points. If the Wednesdays, the Derbys were not on such fantastic runs, maybe our situation wouldn't seem so desperate?
I have had a night to get over how I felt at 5pm yesterday. I guess i found reading Rossi's (in particular) comments a bit too OTT, in my opinion. They're his opinions and he's totally entitled to them, as indeed are those on TWTD. However I found them to be totally ridiculous and, like a bad apple in a cart (just an analogy and not calling anyone that) the rot soon spreads. We have got a fantastic thing (frustrating at times too) going at this club, we're miles ahead of anywhere we've been in the last 15 or so years. Let's try to all keep pushing in the right direction, as it wouldn't take long for, what starts as a minority, a toxic element to find its way onto the stands and then what?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:05 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:44 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:24 am
AzzurroMark wrote:

Certainly cannot argue with any of that Mike, always well balanced comments. I always had that niggling doubt, as with last season, that putting a "spanner in our works" would be like winning a cup final for Cambridge. Do you think our players have that dangerous arrogance about them where they believe the hype of how good they and the team are? Where they feel all they have to do is turn up and the other team will roll over? If so, yes some of that should come back to the manager's door. The thing I find hard is that all the teams around us are doing so well and rarely seem to be offering us a chink of light by dropping points. If the Wednesdays, the Derbys were not on such fantastic runs, maybe our situation wouldn't seem so desperate?
I have had a night to get over how I felt at 5pm yesterday. I guess i found reading Rossi's (in particular) comments a bit too OTT, in my opinion. They're his opinions and he's totally entitled to them, as indeed are those on TWTD. However I found them to be totally ridiculous and, like a bad apple in a cart (just an analogy and not calling anyone that) the rot soon spreads. We have got a fantastic thing (frustrating at times too) going at this club, we're miles ahead of anywhere we've been in the last 15 or so years. Let's try to all keep pushing in the right direction, as it wouldn't take long for, what starts as a minority, a toxic element to find its way onto the stands and then what?
I am not sure we think we just have to turn up to win, thankfully I don't believe that to be the case, I do think the rotation stuff is poor and has been all season although yesterday the poor result was not down to that. For me McKenna is stubborn in his beliefs, too stubborn in fact and plays to the same way come what may, in part yesterday was, in my opinion a case of too many players all off colour at the same time, coupled with the fact we are very often poor defensively, Edmundson trying to be like a bloody Brazilian of the 70's as he tried to control the ball on the byline, gives away a Throw in from which their guy is allowed to surge forward as no fewer than Three of our goons back off and allow him to split them, it really was a poor goal to concede. I have to say that yesterday Davis was utter garbage, numerous times we played it out to him in absolute acres of space and yet he was reluctant to run forward into attacking areas as he normally does, it happened time and time again and everyone around me was aware of it, I just get the feeling McKenna f*cked it up by playing an unfit player which if correct is poor management when Greig Leigh is more than able to come in.

I also think Lee Evans has been a shadow of what he was earlier in the season and yet we have Humphreys who has been reliable when being used and scored his goal recently, again I don't think we played the right option, rotation is one thing but we seem to do it with the wrong players, injuries or fitness concerns have to be addressed, I get that completely and yet we kept them in, I think Morsy's recent performances have dipped but I am off the opinion it's because Evans has been AWOL for a while now.

Yesterday was woeful, we saw no surging runs through the middle from Morsy, no pitch splitting passes from Evans, no forward runs down the left from Davis, no tenacity and enthusiasm from Chaplin, no beating his man and delivery from Burns, no assured defending from Edmundson and absolutely zilch from a bitterly disappointing Broadhead, why the hell that is I really don't know. I said last night we got the substitutions right, well we did with Evans and Davis but why he took Harry Clarke off god only knows, for me that was a poor decision.

All in all we still have plenty of time to correct it and go on a run but we are saying this week after week as the games tick by, I still cannot help but think we needed a big powerhouse of a CB come in during the window as for me we don't really have One single good defender who is consistent every week and that includes Davis, he has always been better going forward than defensively and yesterday showed him up to be bang average at best when the attacking side of his game isn't there. All the CB'S at the club are very poor in my opinion and that has been the real issue all season, not the missing of chances.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:58 pm

I do wonder if in terms of playing style and recruitment we are concentrating too much on when we are in the Championship rather than getting out of league 1 first.
Yes it’s ok saying we have signed players x, y and z who are Championship quality but if for whatever reason they can’t adapt to League 1 football then they are not going to be the answer to our immediate goal of getting out of this bloody league. Yesterday there were numerous players who many of us might say should be able to cope with games like this who just didn’t show up. The other thing I would add is KM admitted that we were too slow in moving the ball in the first half yesterday, but this was not a one off and has often been the case for weeks. Surely he and his coaching staff should be working on this in training?
Mike, I know you could write a list the length of your arm regarding the players who were poor yesterday but what were your thoughts on Harness when he came on? I thought he was absolute sh*t and might as well have not been on the pitch. Might just be me but be interested to hear your thoughts on him as you were also at the game.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:19 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:18 pm
rossi wrote:
rossi wrote:

[Did you watch the game today? Yes/No? Obviously not
:| :| :|
Last edited by rossi on Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:43 pm

OK, so I've read the comments and responses above.

I was so angry yesterday. Cambridge is only 30 miles from where I live, and when friends/associates of mine from a large software house in Cambridge invited me to watch the game with them I could hardly refuse. Wish I had though.

Anyway, today I still feel as angry and I stand by what I said yesterday. I'm sorry if this annoys some posters on this forum, but it's what I feel and after all forum is all about an exchange of views.

But there are a couple of members on this forum (not regular match goers) who - if I'm not very careful - will cause me to get banned. Sure, I could click the ignore button on their profiles, but that defeats the object of a forum.

So I have decided that I will not make any further comments on any threads until at least the end of this season, which I'm sure will please a few :wink:

I will look in regularly though, and it will be interesting to see if peoples opinions are more aligned with mine should we fail to gain promotion.

Cheers all.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:01 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:48 am
Yeah saw that Tony, "we will assess what we could have done better" f*ck me we have a game Tuesday, with so much to assess we'll probably miss the cup game. Same old bollocks, i predict next Saturday evening its Sam Morsys turn.
McK when asked about “ what next” his answer was mostly about SWFC … nothing re Burnley .
So to me that says the FACup “ team” is already known and won’t be the same team that plays Sat.

I think it’s right to give priority to league game day BUT you telling me a professional player can’t play 2 games in a week (or at least the majority of them ) ?! 🤷‍♀️

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:03 pm

rossi wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:43 pm

I was so angry yesterday. Cambridge is only 30 miles from where I live, and when friends/associates of mine from a large software house in Cambridge invited me to watch the game with them I could hardly refuse. Wish I had though.

Anyway, today I still feel as angry and I stand by what I said yesterday. I'm sorry if this annoys some posters on this forum, but it's what I feel and after all forum is all about an exchange of views.

But there are a couple of members on this forum (not regular match goers) who - if I'm not very careful - will cause me to get banned. Sure, I could click the ignore button on their profiles, but that defeats the object of a forum.

So I have decided that I will not make any further comments on any threads until at least the end of this season, which I'm sure will please a few :wink:

I will look in regularly though, and it will be interesting to see if peoples opinions are more aligned with mine should we fail to gain promotion.

Cheers all.
I very often find myself disagreeing with you (I'm sure my comments, wind you up at times too? :wink: , and found it incredulous your comments about KM yesterday, however, as we all know, this is a forum and forums only work with differing views. Contributors have the option to ignore others, but that just makes things very stilted! Hence I have never opted to take that stance.
I think we can all agree to disagree at times, as long as people are respectful of other people's input. I felt really down in the dumps yesterday, I've not read any of the EADT analysis yet, I even considered taking a break from this forum (purely because I don't want to read the negativity (bleedin' fair weather fan, that's me :lol: ), but I feel a little less aggrieved today.
All I am trying to say is keep posting, seeing an objective viewpoint stimulates the thought process and sometimes helps to see things in a different light. Sure, there may be posters who may be glad at your absence, but not forgetting that they have the option of ignoring your views if they find them too much.

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:15 pm

I may be completely delusional but I still think we have a chance at automatic promotion. Yes, they've been a bit sh*te lately BUT we can do this. Chin up chaps & chicks, it ain't over til the fat lady sings! (and nobody wants to hear me sing so that should be a big enough incentive for them if nothing else is! :lol: :lol: ) #coyb

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:34 pm

rossi wrote:

Cheers all.
I wouldn't actually use an ignore button on you, even if i could find it🤣
Your a primadonna though so go off in your silly little protest and whilst on it see if you grow up.
See you at the end of the season when KMcK has Town in the Champioship.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:49 pm

rossi wrote:
Thats a great idea. Pop back in and everyone will be “aligned” and maybe even applaud you being correct that no promotion was gained.
Jaysus. 🤦‍♂️

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:17 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:01 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:48 am
McK when asked about “ what next” his answer was mostly about SWFC … nothing re Burnley .
So to me that says the FACup “ team” is already known and won’t be the same team that plays Sat.

I think it’s right to give priority to league game day BUT you telling me a professional player can’t play 2 games in a week (or at least the majority of them ) ?! 🤷‍♀️
hallam, don’t know about them being able to play 2 games in a week, yesterday at times it seemed some of them were struggling to play 10 minutes. :wink: I can confirm that the 90 minutes of swearing in the car took place on the way home and continues well into the evening. :lol: