FA Cup (Round 4 replay) - Burnley FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

A bridge too far?

Burnley Win
50%
Ipswich Win
14%
Penalties
36%

Total votes: 14

AzzurroMark

Re: FA Cup (Round 4 replay) - Burnley FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:47 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:42 pm
Same old Ipswich, can't defend in extra time, every f**king time.
That maybe so, however would taking the game to extra time have been helpful? Mr Sutton said we were going to get thrashed 5-0 so two fingers up to him. That was a valiant effort from our boys, a respectable scoreline against a very good side

mendipblue

Re: FA Cup (Round 4 replay) - Burnley FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by mendipblue » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:48 pm

Make sure everyone goes on that cnut Sutton's twatter account and shoves his 5-0 up his arse. :x

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:48 pm

f*ck, go for a pee and we go behind in added time. Not sure McKenna is the right one to blame for that Mike he’s not on the pitch.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:50 pm

I'm more concerned about the continual mental weakness that does us so often, nothing changes, the previous 90 minutes mean f*ck all, especially if your one of those Town fans in the stand, its absolute repetitive bullshit, actually getting bored with it all now.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:51 pm

well they had a good go losing 2-1 isn't a disgrace, Now we can concentrate on the league and keep the same line up against Sheff Wed who lost against Fleetwood tonight

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:51 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:48 pm
f*ck, go for a pee and we go behind in added time. Not sure McKenna is the right one to blame for that Mike he’s not on the pitch.
I do blame McKenna because he is incapable of addressing the problem.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:51 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:13 pm
mendipblue wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:51 pm
I see that cnut Sutton has predicted Town to lose 5-0. This a personal dislike of Town and nothing to do with football knowledge. He predicted we would lose 4-0 in the home game. :shock:
Interestingly most football prediction sites are predicting a close game again. I’ve looked at 5 sites and found the following predictions; 2-1, 2-1, 2-0, 1-0 & 1.0. I think if we keep it that close our boys will have done well but zi guess much will depend on how bold both managers are with their team selections.
Well the professional pundits got it pretty much spot on, two perfect scores and two with a Burnley win by a single goal margin.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:52 pm

Charnwood wrote:
EADT are saying Wolfenden appeared to be caught by an Ashley Barnes' arm in the build up. I get the frustration and while I didn't see the manner of the winning goal, but Burnley were really piling the pressure on and the goal was bound to come at some point.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:52 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:51 pm
well they had a good go losing 2-1 isn't a disgrace, Now we can concentrate on the league and keep the same line up against Sheff Wed who lost against Fleetwood tonight
Concentrate on the League ? f*ck me Ash I wish we'd done that at Cambridge, or Oxford, or Wycombe.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:53 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Charnwood wrote:
If managers could stop goals in added time there wouldn’t be any.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:55 pm

"Another really spirited performance against the Championship leaders. But it's heartbreak in stoppage-time. Will be complaints about a possible foul, but the Blues were running on fumes as ET approached." Source EADT

We gave it our all and sound as though we were virtually out on our feet.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:55 pm

Saturday is more important, a win for Portsmouth and Town and it will look so much better.

Steve

Post by Steve » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:57 pm

Wow what a reaction. Yes we lost but seemingly it was a foul in the lead up. Come on. At start of this game some were already giving up on Ipswich

Sure we lost, maybe that is better than going into 30 minutes of injury time, but also take in count who we played. This lot thrashed Norwich on their own turf last weekend. They are heads and tails better than any other team in the Championship and we we pushed them right up to a very hotly contested goal. So two games and we lost by what it seems should not of counted extra time goal. I am quite proud tonight. Sight more proud than I was last Saturday drawing against Cambridge. If we win Saturday coming against Sheffield then feel even better

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:57 pm

Urban dictionary:

Sutton Odds-unlikely to happen

BM we gave a fight. It’s not the end of the world mate. If we can gather some sort of momentum now in the league we’ll be alright…fingers crossed!

*Frosty can you turn the grammar/spell check off? f*ck me!
Last edited by number 9 on Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:57 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:53 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Charnwood wrote:
If managers could stop goals in added time there wouldn’t be any.
We've conceded more goals in injury time than anyone else though, I don't see others continually doing it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:59 pm

Its always been about Wednesday on Saturday.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:00 pm

For whatever reason I'm really hacked off tonight, it's f**king groundhog day every bloody game. Its not about the losing, it's the manner, again and again and again and again. Sorry but there's something wrong with this team.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:01 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:59 pm
We all said that before Cambridge, that went well.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:03 pm

Steve wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:57 pm
Wow what a reaction. Yes we lost but seemingly it was a foul in the lead up. Come on. At start of this game some were already giving up on Ipswich

Sure we lost, maybe that is better than going into 30 minutes of injury time, but also take in count who we played. This lot thrashed Norwich on their own turf last weekend. They are heads and tails better than any other team in the Championship and we we pushed them right up to a very hotly contested goal. So two games and we lost by what it seems should not of counted extra time goal. I am quite proud tonight. Sight more proud than I was last Saturday drawing against Cambridge. If we win Saturday coming against Sheffield then feel even better
This entirely. Thank you Steve. Perspective is what we need here. I was expecting around a 3 goal margin of defeat. I'm sure many others were too.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:05 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:01 pm
marko69 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:59 pm
We all said that before Cambridge, that went well.
I think, like Hallam said tonight, that it’ll be different v Weds. Open game. Big big game…… and sounds like they done very well tonight and caught out by a sucker-punch, ie, the foul?
Cambridge and teams like them……. Its a grind.
Have a feeling it’ll be a positive outcome on Saturday 👍

And now for a “Jambo saying”……. “Mickey Mouse cup anyway!”

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:09 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:00 pm
For whatever reason I'm really hacked off tonight, it's f**king groundhog day every bloody game. It’s not about the losing, it's the manner, again and again and again and again. Sorry but there's something wrong with this team.
I’m sure Keane, Jewell, Hurst, Lambert, Cook would all agree there’s something wrong with the team, but KM is the only one making us better.

Hmmm who am I forgetting? :wink:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:09 pm

We'll see Saturday Marko, hopefully I'll feel different tomorrow but right now I'm bored of all things ITFC. I for one can't accept this continual hard luck story and the excuses that go with it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:12 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:09 pm
Bluemike wrote:
For whatever reason I'm really hacked off tonight, it's f**king groundhog day every bloody game. It’s not about the losing, it's the manner, again and again and again and again. Sorry but there's something wrong with this team.
I’m sure Keane, Jewell, Hurst, Lambert, Cook would all agree there’s something wrong with the team, but KM is the only one making us better.

Well you know what, failure to get this Town team out of this p*ss poor league would be as big a failure as any of them.

Remember a few weeks back when you said about calling it a day with regard to following Town ? Sometimes things just p*ss you off, tonight I'm pissed off.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:14 pm

Congratulations Town on two very good performances against an all but PL team . If we can carry some of this into the league games we’d go up ffs!!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:16 pm

Steve wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:57 pm

Absolutely 100% agree with you Steve .

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:22 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:12 pm
number 9 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:09 pm
Bluemike wrote:

Well you know what, failure to get this Town team out of this p*ss poor league would be as big a failure as any of them.

Remember a few weeks back when you said about calling it a day with regard to following Town ? Sometimes things just p*ss you off, tonight I'm pissed off.
Yep I remember. And you’re the one who said I’d be back no matter what. I thought we’d get hammered and I’m happy we gave the Championship table toppers a fight. We just need that same response in the league.

f*ck off Sutton! COYB! COYB! COYB!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:26 pm

I was really pissed off on Saturday and had every good reason to be. Tonight I’m not and feel totally proud of the manager and the boys for putting in a good shift and by all accounts s good performance too. I know we conceded late but it was to a class striker who is Burnley’s leading goal scorer. Not forgetting also that not many teams come away from Turf Moor losing by the odd goal, let alone in added time.

Well done team, feel proud.

Steve

Post by Steve » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:26 pm

Agree with you also Liz,

That Sutton just detests Ipswich, well cannot abide him either, totally up his own Ar*se

Just hoping we bring this onto Saturday. Sheffield lost against Fleetwood tonight but I bet they didn't over exert themselves

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:05 am

Apparently their winner was hotly disputed by Town players as they felt Woolfie was fouled just prior to the goal and we should have had a free kick. I’m glad it didn’t go to extra time . We’ve given a brilliant account of ourselves against a VERY good Championship/ PL side / TWICE , so clearly no fluke, (take note Scumtton). But we must take this approach into league one games for rest of season .

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:32 am

Only got the result a moment ago, first reaction one of real disappointment. Had we won it would have been a probable 6th round appearance, first time in 30 years, but just feel it's a missed opportunity. Some things aren't meant to be, some things just can't be done so f*ck it and move on.

There was some dispute in their winning goal ? Haven't ascertained the full picture as yet but only adds a level of resentment to our eventual defeat. I take pride in that we played well and gave it a go if correct but its too soon after the event and the overriding feeling right now being one sincere disappointment.

Tired of the or any obligatory concentrate on the league horseshit but this time that's what we got, all we have remaining. SWFC at the weekend will be crucial, I do hope the team puts today's setback behind them quick and rewards the fans for this Cup game exit. Once again , seems we did good today and made them really fight for it but have to feel dismay at the overall loss and chance there would have been at the next stage of competition.