League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Sheffield Wednesday Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

A rather Important fixture

Ipswich Win
43%
Sheff Wed Win
14%
Draw
43%

Total votes: 21

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Sheffield Wednesday Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:48 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:47 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:41 pm
number 9 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:14 pm
Ok, so if KM resorts to ugly football…and we still don’t win…is that due to the players or KM?
First of all......, too many "if's"....., need to wait and see. ------>> IF they're ugly, IF they lose / win.

Second of all..... "The ugly football judge" ? Who is volunteering for the job? Because that is going to be very subjective to opinion, no?

Attending fans...., (Disclaimer: Only using these names as they attend)

Bluemike: "What happened to the new ugly football?"
Shed on Tour: "Come on, Mike, that was pretty darn ugly!"
Bluemike: "That was as ugly as Keira Knightly, Shed."
Shed on Tour: "That was pure Anne Widdicombe, Mike."
Haha! Excuse my ignorance, but who the f*ck is Anne Widdicome? Is that a moniker for would have cum? Lol!
:lol: NO! No one will have done this!! :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:22 pm

Just looked her up, sorry no disrespect. :blush:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:43 am

barmy billy wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:16 pm
I've not posted on here for several weeks although I make sure I read all the topics daily.

In my view, for what it's worth, McKenna through his inexperience of the lower leagues has not realised the gulf between Prem & League One football. His pedigree is Spurs & Man U & that is clear in how he has got us playing. He has to adapt from this & start to play ugly football that will get us promoted THIS season. I fully agree with those that say our defence is bad & also those that criticise his constant rotation of players. He is luckier than most in that has is in a position where has has the players to rotate, but it is doing him no favours. He needs to select a consistent (barring injuries) first eleven & stick to it.

Here endeth my four pennyworth.
Spot on …. 👍

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:45 am

barmy billy wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:16 pm
I've not posted on here for several weeks although I make sure I read all the topics daily.

In my view, for what it's worth, McKenna through his inexperience of the lower leagues has not realised the gulf between Prem & League One football. His pedigree is Spurs & Man U & that is clear in how he has got us playing. He has to adapt from this & start to play ugly football that will get us promoted THIS season. I fully agree with those that say our defence is bad & also those that criticise his constant rotation of players. He is luckier than most in that has is in a position where has has the players to rotate, but it is doing him no favours. He needs to select a consistent (barring injuries) first eleven & stick to it.

Here endeth my four pennyworth.

I agree with the sentiments within your post Barmy and there is definitely a time and place to play ugly especially in seeing games out and not conceding late goals with regularity. However I wouldn’t want to see this completely replace the way he has them playing with the McKenna brand and style which served us so well earlier this season. Definitely 100% with you on rotation and central defenders.

Anyway Barmy, keep posting cos your four penny worth is very welcome and long overdue.

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:15 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:41 pm
Over the past few weeks, come to the conclusion that many of you must have a very understanding partner / wife. If I allowed Hibs to "pi$$ me off for the rest of the weekend" ? :lol: Jaysus H, I'd have been dumped LONG ago.
Sunday's are just too good to be ruined.

Are there any live stream links for this game today?
I am usually a bit stroppy for and hour or so after a loss but we normally go out for a meal on Saturday nights with friends so I just drink myself happy again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS. My OH is a Celtic fan so doesn't really understand about proper footie anyway!! :lol: :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:07 pm

LizinSpain wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:15 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:41 pm
Over the past few weeks, come to the conclusion that many of you must have a very understanding partner / wife. If I allowed Hibs to "pi$$ me off for the rest of the weekend" ? :lol: Jaysus H, I'd have been dumped LONG ago.
Sunday's are just too good to be ruined.

Are there any live stream links for this game today?
I am usually a bit stroppy for and hour or so after a loss but we normally go out for a meal on Saturday nights with friends so I just drink myself happy again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS. My OH is a Celtic fan so doesn't really understand about proper footie anyway!! :lol: :lol:
Well, your OH certainly won’t understand dealing with dejection……. Unless of course it was a Champions League game being watched! :D

Speaking of Scottish football, or more accurately, Scottish players……. Was very unhappy that Ryan Porteous left Hibs for Watford in January. And thats been highlighted further by reading on the Watford chat rooms that he’s the best centre back at Vicarage Road in decades. His performance v Blackburn was, quote, “best i’ve ever witnessed. And been coming here for years.”

Miss you, Ryan 💚

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:33 pm

Marvin Johnson charged & facing a 3 match ban following the incident which led to our penalty against Sheffield.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23326745.i ... harged-fa/