League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Sheffield Wednesday Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

A rather Important fixture

Ipswich Win
43%
Sheff Wed Win
14%
Draw
43%

Total votes: 21

Tangfastic

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Sheffield Wednesday Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:04 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:32 am
number 9 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:11 am
Just got off work and have been reading the match game posts. Dear oh dear. So from what I’ve gathered; KM is a tit, we can’t win games and we’re doomed for failure in the playoffs. Not withstanding we just went head to head with the Championship table toppers and could have won, and we’ve just came back from 2-nil down against arguably the best team in league one. We showed resilience today…a trait we haven’t had under previous managers. We could have won today if not for a missed penalty. Oh dear, but the season’s over cuz KM didn’t start Freddie. It’s not gonna be easy folks; it’s a tough league. The players need to show up against the Lincolns, Oxfords and Cambridges to get promoted. They haven’t done that, so now we suffer the consequences of those failures. If you think KM is the problem I’m sorry you’re deluded. Also, don’t you think Ashton tried to get in a few defenders? Come on I’ve tolerated a lot of bullshit with previous managers and owners over the past 20 years, but in my opinion everything is right with the club’s infrastructure right now. Players just need to perform and wear the shirt with pride.
You have a very short memory regarding how you felt a few weeks back but that was ok was it ? Walking away from supporting your club completely as I recall ? About as extreme as it gets.

Yes Mckenna is a tit at times, f**king around with line ups, no clue as to his best defence or attack, refusing to play a different formation once in a while, it goes on.

It doesn't stop at just a couple of good games against a Burnley B team, what about Lincoln, Accrington, Wycombe and Cambridge?

We did well second half yesterday, that's not arguable but the first half yet again was pedestrian, defending woeful and the attack non existent until the excellent free kick, and yest rotating your best, in form striker who has just scored Three goals in the last Two league games is the sign of a tit I'm afraid.

I like McKenna, think he'll go on to be an excellent manager at a higher level although probably not with us, but he is making way harder than it should be and is completely over thinking it all the time.

If everyone is happy with being almost resigned to a play off slot at best then good luck to you all, for me with this squad and backing and a third of the season still to go its pretty much failure for me. Of course we could still make top Two but we keep going on about stringing wins together, been saying it for bloody weeks now and still the excuses still keep getting rolled out, if anyone thinks Tuesday night is a given then think again. Three wins from our last Eleven League games, pretty poor and lower half of the table form.
You've also got a short memory as only a few weeks ago you were trying to purge any forms of 'negativity' on this forum. Must have been your evil positive twin brother. Welcome back.

I've been worried for quite a while about our lack of grit, our soft underbelly. When things are going well - we look the business. Play lovely football and score plenty of goals. However, when we really need it - how often do we concede late goals and how often does a supposedly free-scoring team look toothless. When did we last win a game in injury time with a late winner? Think we're flat track bullies and nowhere as good as we have made out. Personally, I've made peace with the fact its play-offs and we're likely to be in L1 next season. Its not impossible, but how can we go on 7-8 game winning sprees when we've only won 3 in a row once? It might suit us more to consolidate the play-offs and prepare for them.
Is it a failure at this stage to be so far from the automatics? Yes, especially with our form. In the last 6 games we're in 14th place in the form table. Derby and Bolton have got 15 from 18 points, while we've got 7. And it's been going on for a lot longer -

What I don't understand is why are some so desperate to protect McKenna? Some have gone completely over the top with him and even compared him to Bobby Robson. Yes, he's a calm, thoughtful, articulate young manager, but we simply should be doing better. Young managers like Schumacher with far less resources are out- perfoming him. If he didn't have the Man U background - would we have bèen so star-srruck? Don't get me wrong - I'm sticking with McKenna until the end of the season ( unless it gets really bad), but he hasn't solved problems from last season like conceding sloppy goals and not breaking down defences when it really matters. With the backing he's had - we should be better off. I just think he complicates things too much. Its a simple game and its League One. We don't need another SBR or a genius young manager to get us out of this league. A manager with the resources we have doing a 7 out of 10 job would have got us top two. A manager doesnt have to do a heroic job here - just use the backing and resources he has at his disposal. We have a massive squad and if certain players aren't doing it -McKenna then selects players who can. Why is it that its the players who are letting McKenna down? He has the power to select the best team possible to win games. McKenna really has to show us that he can improve this team by the end of the season - or its goodbye. 9 might be happy with the infrastructure - the owners/Ashton. I am, too. But Mckenna doesn't necessarily have to be part of that.

Happy to back and applaud McKenna on good preformances/ results (and not jump on his back at the first sight of problems), but the lacklustre performances has been going on for a while. ( injury time at Charlton may have been the turning point?) .Same old problems not being addressed. He is the one who has to sort it out.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:54 am

mendipblue wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:02 am
KMck remit at the start of the season was to get the club promoted. That can be done automatically or via the play offs. Both are still achievable. Granted the last 11 league games and 3 wins is not promotion form but with 16 games left and 48pts to play for, we still have hope.
I would also like to say I think KMck has shown a little of his inexperience by chopping and changing players a bit to often.
Forgot to mention Ashton and the club as a whole has not been this good for decades 👍

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:35 am

I'm sticking by KM because of the style of football we are now playing...not because of his ManU connections. KM has also been highly regarded by his peers numerous times, and from what I've read from the squad KM is well respected by the players. Several managers have alluded to the quality of ITFC, and many of our players have commented on the intensity of training and their admiration for KM's abilities.

I'm not a fan of squad rotation, but maybe it's a way to mitigate injuries rather than a way of 'tinkering' with the starting line up. I'm just trying to give KM the benefit of the doubt. I too have lost patience with KM at times mainly due to his apparent lack of ability to motivate the players to win important games, but you have to blame the players as well...they are professionals?

I just think some of the criticism of KM is becoming a bit toxic, and I definitely don't want another manager right now. I can't stomach going through that whole 'reset' again and I think it would be a giant step backwards anyway. If we have to endure another season in league one, then so be it if it results in us being a much better team in the not too distant future.

COYB!

P.S. If we fail to get promoted next season I'll be out of here! :lol:

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:13 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:35 am

I just think some of the criticism of KM is becoming a bit toxic, and I definitely don't want another manager right now. I can't stomach going through that whole 'reset' again and I think it would be a giant step backwards anyway. If we have to endure another season in league one, then so be it if it results in us being a much better team in the not too distant future.
Agree with all your post, but this part in particular. I have heard about the near "meltdowns" on some social media platforms and do not want to see things becoming toxic in the stands again. Fortunately this forum is generally well balanced.
While trying to remain positive, I agree that nobody, that includes KM, Mark Ashton and the players Etc, should be beyond questioning. I don't however agree with the name calling, however frustrating things may be. Just my own personal opinion and it doesn't make me in the right to take the moral high ground.
Years of nothing much more than abject disappointment have left us all with that feeling of "here we go again" just as we seem to be making good progress. However, all is not lost yet, despite the bleak picture. Other teams will have poor runs, an injury crisis. I know we keep talking about that elusive good run, but right now if, yes a big if maybe, we could put that good run together, I'd much rather have momentum while either hunting the top 2 down or cementing a place in the play offs.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:55 pm

number 9 wrote:
……..I definitely don't want another manager right now. I can't stomach going through that whole 'reset' again and I think it would be a giant step backwards anyway.
Spot on there, 9.

The wave of the onslaught was huge yesterday…… miss a pen THEN going 2-0 down. To come back from that v top team who hadn’t conceded for ages, and then nearly win it……. Got to applaud that.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:14 pm

Tangfastic wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:04 am
Bluemike wrote:
number 9 wrote:
Just got off work and have been reading the match game posts. Dear oh dear. So from what I’ve gathered; KM is a tit, we can’t win games and we’re doomed for failure in the playoffs. Not withstanding we just went head to head with the Championship table toppers and could have won, and we’ve just came back from 2-nil down against arguably the best team in league one. We showed resilience today…a trait we haven’t had under previous managers. We could have won today if not for a missed penalty. Oh dear, but the season’s over cuz KM didn’t start Freddie. It’s not gonna be easy folks; it’s a tough league. The players need to show up against the Lincolns, Oxfords and Cambridges to get promoted. They haven’t done that, so now we suffer the consequences of those failures. If you think KM is the problem I’m sorry you’re deluded. Also, don’t you think Ashton tried to get in a few defenders? Come on I’ve tolerated a lot of bullshit with previous managers and owners over the past 20 years, but in my opinion everything is right with the club’s infrastructure right now. Players just need to perform and wear the shirt with pride.
You have a very short memory regarding how you felt a few weeks back but that was ok was it ? Walking away from supporting your club completely as I recall ? About as extreme as it gets.

Yes Mckenna is a tit at times, f**king around with line ups, no clue as to his best defence or attack, refusing to play a different formation once in a while, it goes on.

It doesn't stop at just a couple of good games against a Burnley B team, what about Lincoln, Accrington, Wycombe and Cambridge?

We did well second half yesterday, that's not arguable but the first half yet again was pedestrian, defending woeful and the attack non existent until the excellent free kick, and yest rotating your best, in form striker who has just scored Three goals in the last Two league games is the sign of a tit I'm afraid.

I like McKenna, think he'll go on to be an excellent manager at a higher level although probably not with us, but he is making way harder than it should be and is completely over thinking it all the time.

If everyone is happy with being almost resigned to a play off slot at best then good luck to you all, for me with this squad and backing and a third of the season still to go its pretty much failure for me. Of course we could still make top Two but we keep going on about stringing wins together, been saying it for bloody weeks now and still the excuses still keep getting rolled out, if anyone thinks Tuesday night is a given then think again. Three wins from our last Eleven League games, pretty poor and lower half of the table form.
You've also got a short memory as only a few weeks ago you were trying to purge any forms of 'negativity' on this forum. Must have been your evil positive twin brother. Welcome back.

I've been worried for quite a while about our lack of grit, our soft underbelly. When things are going well - we look the business. Play lovely football and score plenty of goals. However, when we really need it - how often do we concede late goals and how often does a supposedly free-scoring team look toothless. When did we last win a game in injury time with a late winner? Think we're flat track bullies and nowhere as good as we have made out. Personally, I've made peace with the fact its play-offs and we're likely to be in L1 next season. Its not impossible, but how can we go on 7-8 game winning sprees when we've only won 3 in a row once? It might suit us more to consolidate the play-offs and prepare for them.
Is it a failure at this stage to be so far from the automatics? Yes, especially with our form. In the last 6 games we're in 14th place in the form table. Derby and Bolton have got 15 from 18 points, while we've got 7. And it's been going on for a lot longer -

What I don't understand is why are some so desperate to protect McKenna? Some have gone completely over the top with him and even compared him to Bobby Robson. Yes, he's a calm, thoughtful, articulate young manager, but we simply should be doing better. Young managers like Schumacher with far less resources are out- perfoming him. If he didn't have the Man U background - would we have bèen so star-srruck? Don't get me wrong - I'm sticking with McKenna until the end of the season ( unless it gets really bad), but he hasn't solved problems from last season like conceding sloppy goals and not breaking down defences when it really matters. With the backing he's had - we should be better off. I just think he complicates things too much. Its a simple game and its League One. We don't need another SBR or a genius young manager to get us out of this league. A manager with the resources we have doing a 7 out of 10 job would have got us top two. A manager doesnt have to do a heroic job here - just use the backing and resources he has at his disposal. We have a massive squad and if certain players aren't doing it -McKenna then selects players who can. Why is it that its the players who are letting McKenna down? He has the power to select the best team possible to win games. McKenna really has to show us that he can improve this team by the end of the season - or its goodbye. 9 might be happy with the infrastructure - the owners/Ashton. I am, too. But Mckenna doesn't necessarily have to be part of that.

Happy to back and applaud McKenna on good preformances/ results (and not jump on his back at the first sight of problems), but the lacklustre performances has been going on for a while. ( injury time at Charlton may have been the turning point?) .Same old problems not being addressed. He is the one who has to sort it out.
You are correct in that a few weeks ago I was not understanding the negativity, look at where we were back then, right in prime position to take top Two and had lost what twice at the most ? Add to that playing some fab stuff, look at us now, failing to win games where we should be winning them, failing to eradicate the same issues week after week and as you say mid table form at best so for me criticism is very much valid. I tend to deal with the here and now as to what is actually happening not what may or may not happen, that is opinion, not reality. To be negative the whole season in the Hope of being correct at the end of it makes no sense to me.

You are completely correct with your assessment of KM and his shortcomings as errors and mistakes in several things are creeping in and not just on the pitch. Morsy is One Yellow card away from a ban, that would leave us with Humphreys and err Humphreys, he couldn't help Evans getting injured but the signings of Three known sicknotes in Ball, Camara and Luongo is ridiculous tbh. Loads of other things rankle me lately.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:02 pm

Although we got caught twice yesterday by smartly taken quick free kicks ultimately the game was lost by our poor shooting in front of goal. They scored twice from a total of 8 shots with three on target whereas our 2 goals came from 12 attempts with 6 on target one of which was a very poorly taken penalty.

If only we could shoot with more accuracy and power we would be winning games by a landslide. Yesterday we should have scored from the penalty and with more accuracy Freddie would have scored in added time whereas they only had one more shot in the whole game which was a clear opportunity.

My message to McKenna would be to spend ond day a week in training doing nothing but shooting practice with power and direction.

…. and please find us a penalty taker other than Conor Chaplin.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:22 pm

Bluemike wrote:
number 9 wrote:

Mike I accept that Tuesday Nights game is far from a given based on our current form, however if we can’t pick up three points against a team that has lost two of its last three home games to Exeter City & MK Dons maybe we should all throw the towel in for this season.
Our next 5 games should all be winnable;
Bristol Rovers (a), Forest Green Rovers (h), MK Dons (a), Burton Albion (h), Accrington Stanley (h).
Win these games and bag 15 points and we could well be back in the mix. but of course it won’t be easy. If we lose a couple of those I think we can definitely forget the automatics but I haven’t given up hope of Plymouth or Wednesday hitting a poor patch just as Arsenal and Man City have in the Premiership and in the most unlikely games too.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:43 pm

Andy, a while back I said we had a run of 9 games which with the possible exception of Wednesday were all winnable but games keep ticking by that aren't won, those games as you say should all be won, not sure I'd put money on it atm, if however we achieve it then yes we will be right back in it unless of course the top Two don't drop points.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:58 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:43 pm
Andy, a while back I said we had a run of 9 games which with the possible exception of Wednesday were all winnable but games keep ticking by that aren't won, those games as you say should all be won, not sure I'd put money on it atm, if however we achieve it then yes we will be right back in it unless of course the top Two don't drop points.
TBH Mike if we don’t win those games I think we’re f*cked and even the most optimistic amongst us would have to concede automatic promotion as most unlikely. Of course we don’t know what Plymouth or Wednesday will do and I don’t like us being in the position where we’re now reliant on other teams results rather than in control of our own destiny.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:38 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:55 pm
number 9 wrote:
……..I definitely don't want another manager right now. I can't stomach going through that whole 'reset' again and I think it would be a giant step backwards anyway.
Spot on there, 9.

The wave of the onslaught was huge yesterday…… miss a pen THEN going 2-0 down. To come back from that v top team who hadn’t conceded for ages, and then nearly win it……. Got to applaud that.
We're nowhere near getting rid of McKenna. I haven't heard anyone call for his sacking. I've heard plenty moan about our recent form under McKenna and how he needs to sort it out. In isolation, the second half comeback was good and something to take into Tuesday, but fans are fed up with the last couple of months. We've pretty much thrown away a wonderful position and now have to rely on both a incredible run of wins AND our rivals slipping up to get the autos..... and our owners didn't finance the manager to take the lottery option of the play-offs. Of course, he's responsible and whilst we don't need knee-jerk reactions to get rid of him and need to keep calm..., I've also heard some right crap about how good he is.... how lucky we are to have him... how he's revolutionised how we play football.... how he's comparable with SBR...... how hes one of the best young managers around in the game....bla ..bla... bla...Is it possible we can stop patting him on the back and let him earn the plaudits first? He hasnt achieved anything yet and needs to step up... starting this Tuesday.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:48 pm

Comparable with SBR? :shock: That is quite a stretch. What I have read across a few forums in reference to SBR is SBR NOT getting sacked when he was shyte after two seasons. The comparison I suppose would be another hypothetical in the sense that no one knows how "great" Kieron could get....., could Town be sacking a potential SBR (if it came to that). No one knows.

But yep....., Tuesday night. Huge.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:28 pm

Just watched the entertaining Alex Griffin video for yesterdays game. Enjoyed that.

3 things.

1. Defence first half....., wow, headless chickens
2. Davis freekick? Bit of an OG i think. :lol: Still a great goal.
3. The Ladapo "chance"? Don't think it was even a half chance. Very difficult. Hope the lad isn't getting grief for it.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:37 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:48 pm
Comparable with SBR? :shock: That is quite a stretch. What I have read across a few forums in reference to SBR is SBR NOT getting sacked when he was shyte after two seasons.
Exactly how I read it and also how I intended it when I made similar comments.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:47 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:28 pm
Just watched the entertaining Alex Griffin video for yesterdays game. Enjoyed that.

3 things.

1. Defence first half....., wow, headless chickens
2. Davis freekick? Bit of an OG i think. :lol: Still a great goal.
3. The Ladapo "chance"? Don't think it was even a half chance. Very difficult. Hope the lad isn't getting grief for it.
Spot on with all Three observations.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:01 pm

marko69 wrote:
Comparable with SBR? :shock: That is quite a stretch. What I have read across a few forums in reference to SBR is SBR NOT getting sacked when he was shyte after two seasons. The comparison I suppose would be another hypothetical in the sense that no one knows how "great" Kieron could get....., could Town be sacking a potential SBR (if it came to that). No one knows.

I think we should all hold fire on sacking good young managers from throughout the English league until the so called super 6 or 7 clubs p***s Off to their own Super League in the next couple of years,
Then the likes of the Derby’s, Bolton’s, Ipswich, Sheffield clubs, Portsmouth’s etc. etc. with massive support will all be back competing on a level playing field, in the working class game at top league once again,
Plus will get all that dirty money out of OUR clubs, (including mine) it can’t happen soon enough for me,
Would that ruin or in time improve your Countries football Marco.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:16 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:01 pm
marko69 wrote:

I think we should all hold fire on sacking good young managers from throughout the English league until the so called super 6 or 7 clubs p***s Off to their own Super League in the next couple of years,
Then the likes of the Derby’s, Bolton’s, Ipswich, Sheffield clubs, Portsmouth’s etc. etc. with massive support will all be back competing on a level playing field, in the working class game at top league once again,
Plus will get all that dirty money out of OUR clubs, (including mine) it can’t happen soon enough for me,
Problem with Celtic & The Sevco, Wolfie is they are too good for Scotland but struggle in Europe, and they'd no doubt struggle in the EPL.

Regarding the remainder......., Hibs, Hearts & Aberdeen would no doubt survive......., but the rest would struggle with the absence of the Glasgow pair.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:16 pm

I've not posted on here for several weeks although I make sure I read all the topics daily.

In my view, for what it's worth, McKenna through his inexperience of the lower leagues has not realised the gulf between Prem & League One football. His pedigree is Spurs & Man U & that is clear in how he has got us playing. He has to adapt from this & start to play ugly football that will get us promoted THIS season. I fully agree with those that say our defence is bad & also those that criticise his constant rotation of players. He is luckier than most in that has is in a position where has has the players to rotate, but it is doing him no favours. He needs to select a consistent (barring injuries) first eleven & stick to it.

Here endeth my four pennyworth.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:28 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:16 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:01 pm
marko69 wrote:

Problem with Celtic & The Sevco, Wolfie is they are too good for Scotland but struggle in Europe, and they'd no doubt struggle in the EPL.

Regarding the remainder......., Hibs, Hearts & Aberdeen would no doubt survive......., but the rest would struggle with the absence of the Glasgow pair.
sort of see what you mean mate, but back in the day before the Sky fortunes i know the old firm still mostly dominated your top league, but clubs like Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Dundee's etc etc made up a very strong League and National side,
get rid of all these foreign mercenaries over here and in Scotland now and bring on our kids,
Last edited by goldandblack on Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:35 pm

barmy billy wrote:
I've not posted on here for several weeks although I make sure I read all the topics daily.

In my view, for what it's worth, McKenna through his inexperience of the lower leagues has not realised the gulf between Prem & League One football. His pedigree is Spurs & Man U & that is clear in how he has got us playing. He has to adapt from this & start to play ugly football that will get us promoted THIS season. I fully agree with those that say our defence is bad & also those that criticise his constant rotation of players. He is luckier than most in that has is in a position where has has the players to rotate, but it is doing him no favours. He needs to select a consistent (barring injuries) first eleven & stick to it.

Think you hit the nail on the head their Barmy, but i do think he is young and learning quick. and right in start to play ugly football
he is in the right league and club to learn, from the outside looking in the Town are getting back in a good spot all round.
the likes of Hoddle, Lampard, Gerrard, Keane, think every footballer should be and do things they could, and are to old to change,
Last edited by goldandblack on Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:40 pm

Yes, you need to go back to the 50's & 60's when it wasn't so clear cut here in Scotland. Both Hibs & Hearts had very good teams.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:41 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:35 pm
barmy billy wrote:

Think you hit the nail on the head their Barmy, but i do think he is young and learning quick. and right in start to play ugly football
he is in the right league and club to learn, from the outside looking in the Town are getting back in a good spot all round.
the likes of Hoddle, Lampard, Gerrard, Keane, think every footballer should be and do things they could, and are to old to change,
Taken that too far........, bit too ugly.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:43 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:14 pm
Tangfastic wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:04 am
Bluemike wrote:

You are correct in that a few weeks ago I was not understanding the negativity, look at where we were back then, right in prime position to take top Two and had lost what twice at the most ? Add to that playing some fab stuff, look at us now, failing to win games where we should be winning them, failing to eradicate the same issues week after week and as you say mid table form at best so for me criticism is very much valid. I tend to deal with the here and now as to what is actually happening not what may or may not happen, that is opinion, not reality. To be negative the whole season in the Hope of being correct at the end of it makes no sense to me.

You are completely correct with your assessment of KM and his shortcomings as errors and mistakes in several things are creeping in and not just on the pitch. Morsy is One Yellow card away from a ban, that would leave us with Humphreys and err Humphreys, he couldn't help Evans getting injured but the signings of Three known sicknotes in Ball, Camara and Luongo is ridiculous tbh. Loads of other things rankle me lately.
Isn’t the targeting and signing of these sick ones also down to Teflon Ashton?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:47 pm

Yes......, but only on info from "football guys" within the club. Then he targets and signs. Do not think Ashton comes under fire in Ipswich's current position.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:48 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:40 pm
Yes, you need to go back to the 50's & 60's when it wasn't so clear cut here in Scotland. Both Hibs & Hearts had very good teams.
think its all wishful thinking now on my part mate, but changes are coming,

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:50 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:41 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:35 pm
barmy billy wrote:

Taken that too far........, bit too ugly.
the bloke was just a thug, cant believe they even let him talk about the game now,

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:14 pm

Ok, so if KM resorts to ugly football…and we still don’t win…is that due to the players or KM?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:20 pm

barmy billy wrote:

Amen, and welcome back

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:41 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:14 pm
Ok, so if KM resorts to ugly football…and we still don’t win…is that due to the players or KM?
First of all......, too many "if's"....., need to wait and see. ------>> IF they're ugly, IF they lose / win.

Second of all..... "The ugly football judge" ? Who is volunteering for the job? Because that is going to be very subjective to opinion, no?

Attending fans...., (Disclaimer: Only using these names as they attend)

Bluemike: "What happened to the new ugly football?"
Shed on Tour: "Come on, Mike, that was pretty darn ugly!"
Bluemike: "That was as ugly as Keira Knightly, Shed."
Shed on Tour: "That was pure Anne Widdicombe, Mike."

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:47 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:41 pm
number 9 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:14 pm
First of all......, too many "if's"....., need to wait and see. ------>> IF they're ugly, IF they lose / win.

Second of all..... "The ugly football judge" ? Who is volunteering for the job? Because that is going to be very subjective to opinion, no?

Attending fans...., (Disclaimer: Only using these names as they attend)

Bluemike: "What happened to the new ugly football?"
Shed on Tour: "Come on, Mike, that was pretty darn ugly!"
Bluemike: "That was as ugly as Keira Knightly, Shed."
Shed on Tour: "That was pure Anne Widdicombe, Mike."
Haha! Excuse my ignorance, but who the f*ck is Anne Widdicome? Is that a moniker for would have cum? Lol!