League 1 - Bristol Rovers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Is this the first of a run of 3 pointers?

Rovers Win
7%
Town Win
67%
Draw
27%

Total votes: 15

BLUEBLOOD

Re: League 1 - Bristol Rovers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:08 pm

Here is a clip i found of Sam Morsey after game.
https://fanbanter.co.uk/ipswichs-sam-mo ... ol-rovers/

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:34 pm

Good to read he has apologised for it and everyone can move on from it now......., Sam can start his "moving on from it" by asking his team mates @ training to try and be more focussed on the task at hand.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:08 pm

Hopefully someone will draw Kieron MnKenna’s attention to Man City’s stats at Arsenal tonight. It was their lowest possession (36%) for 11 years but they still won 1-3 and inflict on Arsenal their first home defeat this season.

You see Mr McKenna, it’s not all about possession but more about what you do with the ball when you have it.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:14 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:08 pm
Hopefully someone will draw Kieron MnKenna’s attention to Man City’s stats at Arsenal tonight. It was their lowest possession (36%) for 11 years but they still won 1-3 and inflict on Arsenal their first home defeat this season.

You see Mr McKenna, it’s not all about possession but more about what you do with the ball when you have it.
…which in my opinion still comes down to the players. I did watch the game, and there was some beautiful play from Arsenal…but individual mistakes cost them the game.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:18 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:14 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:08 pm

…which in my opinion still comes down to the players. I did watch the game, and there was some beautiful play from Arsenal…but individual mistakes cost them the game.
What are you doing watching footie 9, you should be at work. 😮

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:43 pm

Haha back to work tomorrow. 5am alarm set for another 12 1/2 hr day! :astroll:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:56 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:43 pm
Haha back to work tomorrow. 5am alarm set for another 12 1/2 hr day! :astroll:
What time zone are you on ? … I have one daughter on -6hrs on the east coast and the other -9hrs on the west coast.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed May 31, 2023 9:26 am

Hate the off season and as I’m bored thought I would look back at some of the old threads from last season.
The Bristol Rovers away thread is a classic with so many of us (myself included) saying automatic promotion had gone and even the playoffs were unlikely.
Some even questioned whether McKenna was the right man for the job.
As someone once said “it’s a funny old game”. :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 31, 2023 10:36 am

LMFAO, we should all cringe at reading that but at the time a lot of the criticism was correct and warranted, not least the rotation sh*te which he stopped doing not long after.

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed May 31, 2023 10:58 am

lets be honest, we knew we'd need to go on an unbelievable run AND have one of the top 2 fall away badly, the fact both happened is still a bit of a suprise.

We will really look back and say 'WOW' on that run we had, doubt its ever been done before by many teams?
Also it would mean nothing if Weds didn't have such a collapse, so I think alot of the comments regarding top 2 being gone were justified and realistic at the time.

The evidence we could go and win 14 out of 15 games wasn't really there prior to it happening.

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed May 31, 2023 4:53 pm

shabba wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 10:58 am
lets be honest, we knew we'd need to go on an unbelievable run AND have one of the top 2 fall away badly, the fact both happened is still a bit of a suprise.

We will really look back and say 'WOW' on that run we had, doubt its ever been done before by many teams?
Also it would mean nothing if Weds didn't have such a collapse, so I think alot of the comments regarding top 2 being gone were justified and realistic at the time.

The evidence we could go and win 14 out of 15 games wasn't really there prior to it happening.
Very true. However, as one of the people who were saying there was no chance of auto promotion, and also stating that maybe it was time to change the manager, I'm happy to say I was wrong.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed May 31, 2023 10:24 pm

We tied this game i'm 99 per cent sure of it without going over previous pages to verify, but would have been around a stage of season where I at least questioned McKenna's ambition or leadership quality. Point being would the team have made the automatic promotion places following it, remember being skeptical at the time.

We endured a succession of unsatisfactory scores for a while, there were pressure on the manager and lo and behold would the team even make a play-off finish. It's all kind of immaterial now but at the same time fans realized the promotion objective was in the balance, could have gone either way. Guess experience teaches one to be philosophical.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed May 31, 2023 11:32 pm

I was probably one of the last ones to support KM. Admittedly, I got tired of supporting him cuz the majority on this forum were having doubts. I knew in my heart KM was the right man for the job. I never would have envisaged our success when I said we have to win every game from now on. Unbelievable response by the team after those low times. I know I’ve been all over the place as far as KM is concerned, but I stick to my original affirmation that he is the right man for the job.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:11 am

number 9 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 11:32 pm
I was probably one of the last ones to support KM. Admittedly, I got tired of supporting him cuz the majority on this forum were having doubts. I knew in my heart KM was the right man for the job. I never would have envisaged our success when I said we have to win every game from now on. Unbelievable response by the team after those low times. I know I’ve been all over the place as far as KM is concerned, but I stick to my original affirmation that he is the right man for the job.
Only as far as KM is concerned? :lol:

Joking, dude……. High 5!

COWBELL

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:46 am

marko69 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:11 am
number 9 wrote:

Joking, dude……. High 5!

COWBELL
:lol: MORE COWBELL!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:13 am

number 9 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:46 am
marko69 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:11 am
number 9 wrote:

Joking, dude……. High 5!

COWBELL
:lol: MORE COWBELL!
https://youtu.be/cVsQLlk-T0s