League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Forest Green Rovers Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Easiest 3 points of the season?

Town Win
86%
FGR Win
7%
Draw
7%

Total votes: 14

Ricco

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Forest Green Rovers Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ricco » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:47 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:41 pm
Lol …. You are pulling my leg aren’t you?! :lol:
I make every effort to avoid it, so there's you carelessly leaving these links around :lol:

Jokes aside, I probably only see a thread on there once a year. I'm happy boring and pissing off people on here, I think that's enough damage for one football club :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:12 pm

Lol fair enough. I know twtd has a reputation for being full of numbskulls, but occasionally the posting is reasoned and considered. I just think it adds to debate in here . But feel free to avoid, I’ll not hold it against and I’ve withdrawn my outstretched leg to avoid any falls ( you might be at that time of life where a fall could go serious harm !) .. I am x lol

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:18 pm

shabba wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:09 pm
Was great to be back at PR, and to see so many goals.

I would agree with what BlueMike has said so far.

We were good but FGR were very poor and offered very little, the early goal helped but I felt we were still a bit too slow and a few times that was very clearly noticed through the crowd. The players just seem to be delaying a second more than needed on the ball, it makes us easier to predict and for teams to keep their shape etc.

Anyway it was a great day, especially for personal reasons as I took my Mum - she'd need been in 40 years but used to come with my my dad plus her disabled dad back in the golden era, when they played My Way it was lovely but got her very emotional.

Nice meal beforehand at the Waterfront Bistro too :)
Sounds like a lovely day! Now I have to ask, did you pick the FGR match expecting a win? :lol:

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:33 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:12 pm
Lol fair enough. I know twtd has a reputation for being full of numbskulls, but occasionally the posting is reasoned and considered. I just think it adds to debate in here . But feel free to avoid, I’ll not hold it against and I’ve withdrawn my outstretched leg to avoid any falls ( you might be at that time of life where a fall could go serious harm !) .. I am x lol
Yeah, no I was only jesting, I'm very happy to follow your links on here, as it means I don't have to wade through too much stuff to get to the juicy bits :mrgreen:

I'm sure it's a fine forum, I only stayed away because of the size, I prefer the feel on here, you can get to know people better and it means I only spend most of my free time reading forum posts, not all of it :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:31 pm

lol I know what you mean .. you can waste your entire life in social media forums cant you. Shocking waste of time tbh :lol: