What is our strongest Line Up ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

What is our strongest Line Up ?

Post by Charnwood » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:34 pm

It would be interesting to know who each of us think would be in our strongest line up ?

For me it would be;

Walton✅

Clarke✅ Woolfen. Burgess

Burns Morsy.✅ Evans✅. Davis✅

Chaplin✅ Broadhead✅

Ladapo✅

Players with ✅’s are guaranteed starters unless injured or complete loss of form.

On form Burns is an obvious first choice for me but there are others on their day who could compete for his shirt.

Subs: Hladkey, Keogh, Edmundson, Donacien, Humphrey’s, Aluko, Jackson, Edwards, Hirst & Harness.

Central Defence highlights our problem as there are no stand out performers but I think I’ve selected the best of an average bunch.

This still leaves; Ball, Leigh, KV-Y, Camara, John-Jules, unemployed.

Summer priority; Sort out our Central Defence problem.

AzzurroMark

Re: What is our strongest Line Up ?

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:36 pm

Certainly would agree with line up.

Have been a bit disappointed with Harness in truth, after hoping he'd be the key signing at the start of the season. Certainly having seen Broadhead on one occasion (so others may offer a different view) he kept the ball well, has an eye for a pass and seemed less of a defensive liability, therefore he gets the nod.
Burns was targeted aerially by Sheffield Wednesday and I wonder if other teams will pick up on that. He has certainly been at fault (in the build up) for a few goals conceded! However, are Edwards or Jackson consistent performers in his position? The former certainly seems to struggle as a starter, Jackson has earned a couple of rave reviews though not sure how much he offers as an all-rounder!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:29 pm

We desperately need some seniority in midfield alongside Morsy. The guy is trying to run the midfield in his own over recent games. No disrespect intended to a very young and inexperienced Humphries (his time will come).

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:55 am

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:29 pm
We desperately need some seniority in midfield alongside Morsy. The guy is trying to run the midfield in his own over recent games. No disrespect intended to a very young and inexperienced Humphries (his time will come).
And he's one yellow card off a two game ban isn't he?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:31 am

Yes, so don’t know who we’d stick in midfield if ( when!!) that happens . Hopefully Luango / Ball will be back before too long .

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:09 am

I’d agree with this but naturally feel we have subs to come in and play too, for certain situations players like Aluko and Edward’s are great.

The lack of partnerships is hurting us and rotation also means no rhythm for players, injury’s hasn’t helped that either - ie Evans was immense first half of the season.